Temtems Thread - The latest (and lamest) attempt to steal Pokemon's thunder / Currently has a dwindling player base

Houchic

kiwifarms.net
And I lost my account (I think). I was afraid that I might have trouble because I traded Pansuns on Odealo, but the story was much less complicated. I played Temtem thanks to Family Sharing from my friend (Steam). I bragged about it in the forum, two days later the option was removed. I probably lost all my temtems and all Pansun I bought.

UnsufficentBoobage

Atleast things I wanna fuck are 3D
kiwifarms.net
I accidentally* found a browser-based game that used to be somewhat open-world Pokemon version, but they were C&D'd and replaced the monsters with whatever close concept copies they could manage, and even some of those look better than most Temtem do, somehow.
Then again, it's not 3D.

*it is linked on russian ED clone's Pokemon's page.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
I accidentally* found a browser-based game that used to be somewhat open-world Pokemon version, but they were C&D'd and replaced the monsters with whatever close concept copies they could manage, and even some of those look better than most Temtem do, somehow.
Then again, it's not 3D.

Wow, they put a lot of effort into making distinct creatures, but you can still tell what they were supposed to be. That's pretty cool. Temtems, take notes from this on how to create distinct monster designs.

FluffyTehFennekin

Fictional characters have feelings too!!
kiwifarms.net
Then again, it's not 3D.

Dang even the rip-off Psyduck looks better than most TemTems.

• Agree
Reactions: UnsufficentBoobage

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Then again, it's not 3D.

Not a fan of the art style - it just looks bland and flat for some reason - but the designs are quite neat. I like that they have a bit more slight details (fur tufts and such) that make them look more “realistic”/animalistic than Pokemons’ universally smooth aesthetic.

• Agree
Reactions: UnsufficentBoobage

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
This is a fairly standard stats page. Relevant to these statistics, temtem has managed to sell 500,000 copies. By February 10th, it had sold 350000 copies, so credit to them for relatively good sustain.

they announced it at the same time, so we can assume that these are based on that 500k number.

With that said:
Only one of the three starters isn’t one-shot by max. So this is basically “how many people didn’t pick Crystle”

Sofias not that hard aside from Oceara being cheap, and I’m surprised so many people had a lot of trouble with it. This looks like less than half, but it’s probably more like a bit over half considering some players probably already quit by that point.

Skail is the first aggressive temtem that isn’t either status-focused or a Wind temtem, which all resist each other.

There is less than 3 eggs per player. It takes quite a few eggs to breed a good temtem, up to 11 according to the most popular chart, and that’s assuming there’s no issues with regards to Tem genders. Some are quite tilted in gender, so... I’m gonna guess around 100k competitive temtem have been bred.

5.42% of 500k players is 27.1k. That means around 5k Lumas belong to players that had already owned at least one previously.

Kinu being the most picked is surprising as it’s a relatively rare temtem. Volarend isn’t that surprising as a ban - it’s super-effective against half of every island, resists four types (only one of which is uncommon) and is only weak to one. It’s also got the seriously powerful Toxic plume technique, which has a synergy if the other temtem is Crystal to both be cheaper and weaken the other sides attack. And crystal covers Volarends only weakness, so...

• Informative
Reactions: chocolategingerale

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Kinu being the most picked is surprising as it’s a relatively rare temtem. Volarend isn’t that surprising as a ban - it’s super-effective against half of every island, resists four types (only one of which is uncommon) and is only weak to one. It’s also got the seriously powerful Toxic plume technique, which has a synergy if the other temtem is Crystal to both be cheaper and weaken the other sides attack. And crystal covers Volarends only weakness, so...
Makes ya wonder if you put more thought into it then the devs did.

Tags
None