Temtems Thread - The latest (and lamest) attempt to steal Pokemon's thunder / Currently has a dwindling player base

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
I think I found the series of posts on the forum that perfectly encapsulates every new patch they push.

View attachment 1160000
Crema learning the hard way that they're not OSRS and their players aren't masochists.

There's something else worth pointing out here. For context, let me bring up the Saipark's first week and second week.

1582592544821.png

Now, the four stats next to the temtem are Encounter Rate, Luma/Shiny Rate, Min. SVs, and the chance of being born with Egg Moves. Not that Min SVs is 0.

As temtem is charitably a spiritual successor to Pokemon, Single Values are a lot like pokemon's Individual Values, or IVs. In Pokemon, a pokemon has hidden values for each of it's six stats. These values range from 0 to 31. The higher the stat, the stronger they'll be.

Temtem has 7 stats that go 1 to 50. In Pokemon, the sum of your IVs is at lowest 0 and at highest 186. In temtem, the lowest is 7 and the highest is 350.

But there's a second way people talk about them. If a Pokemon has a single maxed out IV stat, they have 1 perfect IV. Because perfect IVs are the best, people will often just say 'Oh, this is a 4IV Blastoise', meaning that it has 4 perfect IVs. Certain methods give a minimum number of maxed-out IVs, as well.

When Temtem was introduced, people just carried over the terminology. Temtem with 5 perfect SV stats were called 5SV.

That's the only context in which 'Min. SVs' equalling 0 makes sense. Because if it's a sum of SVs, the hard minimum would be 7 - 1 in every stat.

But the next update proves that was the wrong context:

1582592578017.png
The Min SVs were actually a sum. So Crema was being (intentionally?) very misleading with that stat. These two are also much more common compared to Barnshe and Oceara.

These Min SVs of 190 and 160 aren't actually all that good, mind, 160 is below average, and 190 is slightly above. 30/30/30/30/30/30/10 is a perfectly valid Kalazu to find with those conditions, but it'd be utterly useless for competitive.

If I had to guess what went wrong with the Raiber, I'd say some twit put in a 2 instead of a 1. This meant that the rates were briefly amazing, as the worst you could distribute them evenly for a Raiber is 37/37/37/37/37/37/38 - all at least good stats. This was made more pronounced because Raiber are very hard to find or breed female, which makes breeding them a pain in the ass. Add on that you have to catch temtem blind, and people are now going through their 40 cards (much more reasonable than last time's 5) for not much reward.

I'm stunned at how they managed to fuck up Saipark twice in a row. People wouldn't have even minded starting at the true rates if they hadn't given them a false sense from earlier.

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
Well, I missed an update.

First off...

1582600832246.png

I love how they're straight up calling people losers for losing a match that cannot be won. I know they're trying to play up Max's character... whatever little character he actually has. This would actually mean something if there was actually a chance to WIN the battle.

As for Sai Park, yeesh, I'm glad that the price and cards have been fixed, but jeez, I understand that this is trial and error, but you'd think that considering their discord and such, they'd announce what they plan on doing ahead of time and get feedback before doing this

InvertedDickEnthusiast

Trans Inclusionary Radical Misogynist
kiwifarms.net
Sounds an awful lot like they should have a public/closed beta server to get feedback on whether stuff is too grindy/not grindy enough.
I don't think it would matter, for every 10 people detailing how awful a proposed change would be you'd get 1 dipshit who would post 20-30 times about how, ackshually, it's better to remove all fun from the game and replace it with more grind.

Previously I would've said the usual crowd who replies to anyone saying grinding money and/or hunting lumas is the only thing left to do after running through the current content and that it's thoroughly boring with "BuT iTs An MmO iTs SuPpOsEd To Be GrInD!!!" were the dumbest and most annoying, but with the recent nerf to luma rates they've been supplanted by the ones who, and I'm not exaggerating, say, "People that don't even have a luma agree that too many people have them, that's why they needed to be lowered"

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
I don't think it would matter, for every 10 people detailing how awful a proposed change would be you'd get 1 dipshit who would post 20-30 times about how, ackshually, it's better to remove all fun from the game and replace it with more grind.

Previously I would've said the usual crowd who replies to anyone saying grinding money and/or hunting lumas is the only thing left to do after running through the current content and that it's thoroughly boring with "BuT iTs An MmO iTs SuPpOsEd To Be GrInD!!!" were the dumbest and most annoying, but with the recent nerf to luma rates they've been supplanted by the ones who, and I'm not exaggerating, say, "People that don't even have a luma agree that too many people have them, that's why they needed to be lowered"
BEHOLD. The mentality of assblasted pokemon fans.

It's actually kind of interesting, it's always the 'entitled' fans that make things worse, and I wouldn't be surprised that the more vocal fans are the ones who'll ruin this game for any new players trying to get in.

Like, not too long ago, there were people who were calling anyone who disagreed with the lack of a repeal system for the permabanning 'hackers'. That in and of itself should tell you that we're dealing with a fanbase who has guzzled down the victim complex juice and will defend Crema simply because they're indie.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
Sounds an awful lot like they should have a public/closed beta server to get feedback on whether stuff is too grindy/not grindy enough.
There's two problems:
1: Particularly at the start, Crema were very against increasing the save data they’d need to have. Because servers are expensive.
2: there are few groups more koolaid-guzzling than Temtem fans, particularly their backers. They’re very firm about stifling criticism until they massively fuck up.

The Roadmap is out.

Woah there Crema, don’t get too specific!

There’s a more detailed explanation here. Granted, more detailed just means slightly more information on some of these items, not a more finite sense of when they should appear than a quarter. They don’t even explain what “chat bubbles” are, even though they’re apparently a worthy feature to put on the roadmap. If it’s literally just floating text I’m gonna shit bricks.

They’ve also decided how to handle their ranked matchmaking and it’s bound to piss people off. It’s going to ignore SVs - aka, that thing everyone’s been grinding for - in a single ELO system. And there’s only one queue. Granted, this is probably because the player base has dropped so much, but the solution is to WAIT UNTIL THE GAMES READY TO EARLY ACCESS IT.

And the award for ‘dumbest thing listed as a Long-term goal rather than a short one’ goes to the quest diary. Looks like we’ll need another ISLANDS worth of quests before they’ll let us look at more than 3 at once. 10/10.

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
And the award for ‘dumbest thing listed as a Long-term goal rather than a short one’ goes to the quest diary. Looks like we’ll need another ISLANDS worth of quests before they’ll let us look at more than 3 at once. 10/10.
Why do we have to wait until summer to have new Temtems? Everything that they listed to be released in spring doesn't seem like it would require the amount of time that would be taken out of making a few new creatures (except maybe ranked matchmaking). It doesn't even have to be 25 like the other two releases (maybe 5-8 new ones to include on the currently existing islands).

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
Why do we have to wait until summer to have new Temtems? Everything that they listed to be released in spring doesn't seem like it would require the amount of time that would be taken out of making a few new creatures (except maybe ranked matchmaking). It doesn't even have to be 25 like the other two releases (maybe 5-8 new ones to include on the currently existing islands).
Hell, they don't even need to make new Temtems, just have the Temtems that people got banned for having be possible to get in Saipark - Like Hocus and Sparzy's pre-evolution. They're already designed, and Hocus is already in the wild somewhere... It's possible to just do that and get people a little more interested in Saipark.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Jesus fucking christ, that ranked PVP system is fucking awful. Anybody that put any amount of time into training a Pokemon Temtem just had their efforts shit on. I can't wait for both the colossal amount of salt this will generate, and the cultists that will defend this with inane arguments.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
They're probably going to space out the time just by including the temtem that are already coded but only in NPC hands. Finish off their stats and stuff, give them out through Saipark, relatively low effort new 'content'.
Jesus fucking christ, that ranked PVP system is fucking awful. Anybody that put any amount of time into training a Pokemon Temtem just had their efforts shit on. I can't wait for both the colossal amount of salt this will generate, and the cultists that will defend this with inane arguments.
The ranking part is fairly standard. The scaling is a bad solution but probably their best option considering that the playerbase is cratering (they got less than 7000 people MAX today, after falling below 5000 completely organically for the first time. It would have been smarter to have this ready before the Early Access, but that's not gonna help them now.)

Something else that's come up is that mounts won't work like people thought they would. They expected to be able to ride their Temtem, similar to Pokemon Let's Go. As it turns out, Mounts are an item like in a lot of other MMOs. So people who were farming Luma Ocearas to ride on...? RIP them.

1582676706549.png

It just keeps happening. The fanbase is increasingly splintered and salty with so many of these updates making things worse. It's glorious.

It's made worse because a lot of the 'bad' announcements they only make in the general chat on discord, which is pretty fast-moving. Twitter and Reddit never see any of it.

Contrast with Poke Ride's announcement, where in the very first announcement it makes it clear that:
A: These are set pokemon
and B: These don't join your team.

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
Something else that's come up is that mounts won't work like people thought they would. They expected to be able to ride their Temtem, similar to Pokemon Let's Go. As it turns out, Mounts are an item like in a lot of other MMOs. So people who were farming Luma Ocearas to ride on...? RIP them.
Again, this is a real simple issue that can be fixed... If you managed to catch a Luma Temtem that can be mounted, then you can have access to the Mounted Temtem's Luma form...

OR... Better yet, offer alternate colors to the Mount Temtem if you did catch the Luma. Hell, that'd actually be worth some grind to get a red Oceara.

EDIT:

1582685912898.png

Forgot this gem of a statement.

"Don't assume every feature we haven't talked about"...

Gee, ya know, that's kind scummy when you promote ride Temtem but are ambiguous enough to say "Oh, but we never said this or that..."

That is SHIFTY as all hell.

There's a quote from that Reddit that I think serves pretty well here:

"I dropped this game for a few reasons, one of which being the way the developers talk to their community and the other being the way the developers actively ignore fun in their game in favor of catering to the hardcore players that can devote 60+ hours a week to this game (doing the same thing over and over and over again mind you) "

I understand catering to the Hardcore audience is something that people have wanted Pokemon to do, but this is going way too far in the opposite direction. Crema is killing off their casual audience, which is ALWAYS be bigger than the hardcore.

Attachments

Last edited:

Love_Machine011

The Agent of Saint Valentine.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's two problems:
1: Particularly at the start, Crema were very against increasing the save data they’d need to have. Because servers are expensive.
2: there are few groups more koolaid-guzzling than Temtem fans, particularly their backers. They’re very firm about stifling criticism until they massively fuck up.

The Roadmap is out.

Woah there Crema, don’t get too specific!

There’s a more detailed explanation here. Granted, more detailed just means slightly more information on some of these items, not a more finite sense of when they should appear than a quarter. They don’t even explain what “chat bubbles” are, even though they’re apparently a worthy feature to put on the roadmap. If it’s literally just floating text I’m gonna shit bricks.

They’ve also decided how to handle their ranked matchmaking and it’s bound to piss people off. It’s going to ignore SVs - aka, that thing everyone’s been grinding for - in a single ELO system. And there’s only one queue. Granted, this is probably because the player base has dropped so much, but the solution is to WAIT UNTIL THE GAMES READY TO EARLY ACCESS IT.

What the fuck does "mythical temtem" even entail.
It's really a bad idea to wholesale lift terms from Pokemon. It dooms your game to just being a clone.

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hate when people think that the game being in early access shields it from criticism. EA is an extremely important time to give developers constructive criticism, without it they won’t learn from their mistakes or improve. Giving the developers ass pats and coddling them is going to destroy the game when it is fully finished.

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
I hate when people think that the game being in early access shields it from criticism. EA is an extremely important time to give developers constructive criticism, without it they won’t learn from their mistakes or improve. Giving the developers ass pats and coddling them is going to destroy the game when it is fully finished.
Oh no doubt, and it's already showing with how Temtem's system and player base is dropping. You've got the hardcore butt hurt asswipes here already trying to proclaim it to be better than pokemon. But really, it's like comparing pepsi and coke.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Oh no doubt, and it's already showing with how Temtem's system and player base is dropping. You've got the hardcore butt hurt asswipes here already trying to proclaim it to be better than pokemon. But really, it's like comparing pepsi and coke.
If one was pepsi and one was coke then they would both be equally matched and loved.

More like Dr Pepper and Dr thunder, they taste the same, but one cheaper, and you are not fooling yourself that it's trying to be anything but a Dr Pepper knock off.

Amaranth

Basic Plant
kiwifarms.net
If one was pepsi and one was coke then they would both be equally matched and loved.

More like Dr Pepper and Dr thunder, they taste the same, but one cheaper, and you are not fooling yourself that it's trying to be anything but a Dr Pepper knock off.
aktually dr.pepper has 23 refined flavors that all blend together to create a unique expierence

Temtem has the WildStar problem, it copied the beloved franchise but catered to the 1% of the audience who played said franchise and now it's scrambling to get the 99%

Tags
None