Temtems Thread - The latest (and lamest) attempt to steal Pokemon's thunder / Currently has a dwindling player base

Love_Machine011

The Agent of Saint Valentine.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
aktually dr.pepper has 23 refined flavors that all blend together to create a unique expierence

Temtem has the WildStar problem, it copied the beloved franchise but catered to the 1% of the audience who played said franchise and now it's scrambling to get the 99%
Coke>rc cola>dr. Pepper.

Reactions: UnsufficentBoobage

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
aktually dr.pepper has 23 refined flavors that all blend together to create a unique expierence

Temtem has the WildStar problem, it copied the beloved franchise but catered to the 1% of the audience who played said franchise and now it's scrambling to get the 99%
It’s not scrambling, it’s taking it’s sweet time. The problem is, the game doesn’t have the systems set up to keep players coming back. The only repeatable is a grindy-as-fuck Temtem grind, the only money sinks all feel like time vampires or scams.

The full roadmaps out, btw. Nothing really game-changing in there if you were paying attention, though there is a notable lack of any mention of mounts.

1583184187549.png

Some highlights:
Dailies/Weeklies will only be coming out at or near release.

The fact that they’re willing to iterate on Ranked Matchmaking but not on the quest diary irritates me more. They have everything they need in there, why not just DO it? I’ve got no idea what quests I still have to complete because the log doesn’t tell me more than the first three, one of which is a story quest I can’t remove.

An actual trading house is only due for the end of the year. Brilliant. And console ports only for the 1.0 release, which is not what I heard before.

They want to release an island every quarter, for 3-4 quarters in a row? Yeah, I call Bullshit. So far it’s been an island every six months. Even by their kickstarter timeline, they’re clearly way behind schedule.

10333E31-A98A-4F60-8703-891AD2D35193.png

Auk Autist

Birbs create the big Happy
kiwifarms.net
It’s not scrambling, it’s taking it’s sweet time. The problem is, the game doesn’t have the systems set up to keep players coming back. The only repeatable is a grindy-as-fuck Temtem grind, the only money sinks all feel like time vampires or scams.

The full roadmaps out, btw. Nothing really game-changing in there if you were paying attention, though there is a notable lack of any mention of mounts.

View attachment 1169979

Some highlights:

The fact that they’re willing to iterate on Ranked Matchmaking but not on the quest diary irritates me more. They have everything they need in there, why not just DO it? I’ve got no idea what quests I still have to complete because the log doesn’t tell me more than the first three, one of which is a story quest I can’t remove.

An actual trading house is only due for the end of the year. Brilliant. And console ports only for the 1.0 release, which is not what I heard before.

They want to release an island every quarter, for 3-4 quarters in a row? Yeah, I call Bullshit. So far it’s been an island every six months. Even by their kickstarter timeline, they’re clearly way behind schedule.

View attachment 1169998
>cosmetics battle pass
Haha oh wow :story:

BusyMaribo

Ara Ara...
kiwifarms.net
They’ve also decided how to handle their ranked matchmaking and it’s bound to piss people off. It’s going to ignore SVs - aka, that thing everyone’s been grinding for - in a single ELO system. And there’s only one queue. Granted, this is probably because the player base has dropped so much, but the solution is to WAIT UNTIL THE GAMES READY TO EARLY ACCESS IT.
holy shit why?
The one thing that makes ranked battles exciting is removed... i bet some asshats who cant win online because their pokemons IV/EV stat alignment was shit begged for this.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
holy shit why?
The one thing that makes ranked battles exciting is removed... i bet some asshats who cant win online because their pokemons IV/EV stat alignment was shit begged for this.
That and they really only have the population for one queue, so they picked the more accessible option (for once)

Speaking of, the Running steam charts:
1583278825868.png

1583278848138.png

Tumblin' down tumblin' down tumblin' down....

José Mourinho

The Special One
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1169979

Some highlights:

View attachment 1169998
Oh boy, "Nuzlocke Mode" aka an overrated mode in which you have to unnecessarily overgrind your monsters so that they won't get fainted easily to get a false sense of artificial harder difficulty.

And since apparently from the title, TemTem is much more time consuming to grind, so what could possibly go wrong?

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
Oh boy, "Nuzlocke Mode" aka an overrated mode in which you have to unnecessarily overgrind your monsters so that they won't get fainted easily to get a false sense of artificial harder difficulty.
Don't forget, restricting catching.

In normal Nuzlockes, you can only catch the first pokemon you come across in the wild. And with how expansive the Stats are in Temtem, chances are you're gonna be stuck with an overly crappy team, so the slog will be EVEN worse.

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the double post, but I came to a very weird conclusion with the 'nuzlocke' feature that Temtem is planning on implementing.

Because, let's say that hypothetically that they make the rules of the Nuzlocke active - Meaning, fainting = dead and catching the first/only temtem you come across...

You're gonna be ROYALLY fucked in terms of money - You literally wouldn't be able to use Freetem to get money.

InvertedDickEnthusiast

Trans Inclusionary Radical Misogynist
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the double post, but I came to a very weird conclusion with the 'nuzlocke' feature that Temtem is planning on implementing.

Because, let's say that hypothetically that they make the rules of the Nuzlocke active - Meaning, fainting = dead and catching the first/only temtem you come across...

You're gonna be ROYALLY fucked in terms of money - You literally wouldn't be able to use Freetem to get money.
I don't know how nuzlocke runs in pokemon work because hearing the concept made me think it was boring, but as the game exists now they will be nigh impossible in temtem. It's not just having to use dojo levels of healing items to get around regularly, which would still be cheaper than using 30-step scents, but it's the fact that even with perfect SVs damage is tied so tightly to type advantages that even a perfect sv with 500 in attack/special attack level capped tem attacking someone neutrally typed with a good damage STAB move stops being able to 1 or 2hit KO around the end of the second island. Even with a cap of 48 and unlimited money I'd be surprised if you could pull this off.

Smug Chuckler

Youtube Intellectual
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1169979
Omg they just updated it!:

OddEyes

kiwifarms.net
I don't know how nuzlocke runs in pokemon work because hearing the concept made me think it was boring, but as the game exists now they will be nigh impossible in temtem. It's not just having to use dojo levels of healing items to get around regularly, which would still be cheaper than using 30-step scents, but it's the fact that even with perfect SVs damage is tied so tightly to type advantages that even a perfect sv with 500 in attack/special attack level capped tem attacking someone neutrally typed with a good damage STAB move stops being able to 1 or 2hit KO around the end of the second island. Even with a cap of 48 and unlimited money I'd be surprised if you could pull this off.
There are a number of rules to Nuzlocke runs in pokemon, but the two basic rules are:
  • Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or put in the Pokémon Storage System permanently.
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch. If there's a static encounter in the area, the player is allowed to capture them despite already capturing a Pokémon in that area. Shiny Pokémon also do not apply to this rule.
Unless they change the second one where any other Temtem caught in the area is already dropped into Freetem (which would actually negate the purpose of the second rule), then they're screwing over the player base because as you said - SV/TVs are necessary.

ColorfulCassowary

Jonkers
kiwifarms.net
That's created a fertile ground for Temtem to have a community effectively asking for it to appear. Unfortunately, it means the community is already infested with the most toxic, angry parts of the pokemon community.
I know this post is ancient, but it gave me serious Mighty No 9 flashbacks.

Hey, at least Nuzlocke mode makes for decent webcomics.

BlazikenLover

kiwifarms.net
I recall someone posted something along the lines "if you show steam support this tweet they might refund you", If someone could repost it I would be grateful because I have less than 1 hour of playtime (but bought it more than 2 weeks ago) and so far they have been refusing to refund me.

• Feels

Guts Gets Some

Herbie is bae
kiwifarms.net
Damn, I missed all news regarding this.

This will be semi-interesting to follow. Hoping for a nice rundown video down the line that isn't either by a shill or someone like verlisify.

No excuses, even the rival is genderspecial!
View attachment 1112447
Probably old news but whatever.
All I know is, I absolutely hate this.

Holy fuck, I gotta erase my history after watching that trailer. Has it bombed yet, hopefully? I don't care about Pokemon loyalty or anything like that; I detest Game Freak and think they need competition, but I absolutely loathe woke trash like this.

Last edited:

Nauseated Courgi

It's an Ass-Fuck-Get-Fucked world out there
kiwifarms.net
Holy fuck, I gotta erase my history after watching that trailer. Has it bombed yet, hopefully? I don't care about Pokemon loyalty or anything like that; I detest Game Freak and they could use competition, but I absolutely loathe woke trash like this.
Its active player base has been continuously dwindling as of right now. Proof:
That and they really only have the population for one queue, so they picked the more accessible option (for once)

Speaking of, the Running steam charts:
View attachment 1171692
View attachment 1171693

Tumblin' down tumblin' down tumblin' down....
Reasons for this vary from Developer incompetency to odd game design choices like: doubling the price of breeding items to make the process of breeding the right Temtem needlessly grindy and making it to where the SV/IV (Temtem's equivalent of EV/IV stats) values are altered in online battles effectively making the breeding for the right SV/IV values pointless.

• Informative
Reactions: Guts Gets Some
Tags
None