TERFs freak out over Jonathan Yaniv - featuring /r/gendercritical

wabbits

kiwifarms.net
Defending women's restrooms is the only viable strategy for defending women's shelters and prisons - facilities where women can't opt out by peeing elsewhere and where they must close their eyes and sleep no matter who the government has dictated is free to do anything they please to the women's bodies and souls, pending an official "oopsy" that has no power to undo the harm or the injustice.

That women fought to have sex-segregated washrooms so that they, like men, were free to go out in public for more than a few hours at a time shouldn't be forgotten. To use the existing washrooms then meant that men (#notallmen) would prey upon them. A century later, we're returning to that equation: Women are to be prey, not people.

No TERF would recognize me as a TERF, but even I can see and acknowledge these facts.

Edit: Rhys McKinnon's now done me the favor of referring to the women he cheats out of sports achievements as his "prey."

Last edited:

2nd_time_user

Equitably diffident
kiwifarms.net
Defending women's restrooms is the only viable strategy for defending women's shelters and prisons - facilities where women can't opt out by peeing elsewhere and where they must close their eyes and sleep no matter who the government has dictated is free to do anything they please to the women's bodies and souls, pending an official "oopsy" that has no power to undo the harm or the injustice.

That women fought to have sex-segregated washrooms so that they, like men, were free to go out in public for more than a few hours at a time shouldn't be forgotten. To use the existing washrooms then meant that men (#notallmen) would prey upon them. A century later, we're returning to that equation: Women are to be prey, not people.

No TERF would recognize me as a TERF, but even I can see and acknowledge these facts.
Last year, someone commented that Jon's racism would cause more problems for him than his pedo tendencies, which would in turn cause more problems than him suing the women. That proved correct.

If JY had kept it to the women, hell if he just shut up for a few months, he'd still have the pub ban, Morgane Oger's support, and probably by now thousands of dollars. He probably would be employed in tech still, and after winning the suits would be set up to make a minor political run or become appointed to some LGBTQ+ advisory committee.

MTFs have been saying "we're not ALL like that" but in fact the TWAW they've been pushing IS like that. If transwomen are women, if all women should get the same access to all services, then in fact it is discriminatory to turn down a transwoman who has balls.

AvantGardener

kiwifarms.net
I completely understand this, as well as the argument that the bathrooms are a slippery slope that has already started. But if they're in the same bathroom as you and you both do your business and then leave, interaction is minimal.
Lovely. That doesn't stop women traumatised by (rapey) men feeling upset though. And that's more women than you'd think. And it doesn't stop perverts like Yaniv from photographing either.

wabbits

kiwifarms.net
I think there's something else being destroyed by the bathroom breaches. I worked in a mall eatery when I was in high school and watched several times as women fleeing men they were arguing with - or who were afraid men were following them around - took refuge in the women's restroom down a hall across from the counter I worked.

The men would just stop at the door. Stop dead in their tracks. They might go on yelling at the woman or get another woman to go in and tell her to come out, but they would not try to go in. If they had gone in, no one who saw them would have hesitated to scream for security.

The troons are knocking down that psycho-social barrier, both for men who want to dominate some woman no matter what and for women who would immediately know seeing a man in a woman's room was a security matter. That's not accidental, of course. Troons are very much about dominating women and thwarting women's deeply ingrained protective instincts.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The troons are knocking down that psycho-social barrier, both for men who want to dominate some woman no matter what and for women who would immediately know seeing a man in a woman's room was a security matter. That's not accidental, of course. Troons are very much about dominating women and thwarting women's deeply ingrained protective instincts.
And if the abusive man just barges in, and gets called out on it, he can just claim to be a troon, you don't need to have any fucking signifier of gender whatsoever. Just be a completely normal dude with a beard in men's clothes and say you're a woman.

Avalonsfury

kiwifarms.net
What's really frustrating at the moment is all you are seeing from the Trans community is how this effects Trans Rights, not once (besides Blaire White) have any of them included in their statements That what Yaniv did violated these womans rights. That Yaniv sexually harassed these woman. For a group that is claiming an alliance with woman or that they are woman, they are completely ignoring the woman who were victimized by this mess.

PonelessBizza

not netflix
kiwifarms.net
What's really frustrating at the moment is all you are seeing from the Trans community is how this effects Trans Rights, not once (besides Blaire White) have any of them included in their statements That what Yaniv did violated these womans rights. That Yaniv sexually harassed these woman. For a group that is claiming an alliance with woman or that they are woman, they are completely ignoring the woman who were victimized by this mess.
Johni boi is the violation

2nd_time_user

Equitably diffident
kiwifarms.net
I have said this since 2015:

If males going into the women's becomes a thing to the point of males being in the women's is OK or the troons in there getting personal, I will also assume my Richie Incognito-appearing BF is OK too. I would imagine many dads especially would feel the same about their daughters.

But if it's an occasional troon (as statistically it should be) just washing his hands and getting out like everyone, there's minimal interaction. They cannot expect cameraderie or friendship in there. Women in fact fisheye/grimace momentarily at each other all the time, and it is always brushed off. I'm not in the bathroom to provide validation.

I hate having to have them in there at all, but if they get in and get out like normal people, that's at least feasible.

Avalonsfury

kiwifarms.net
I think that just maybe the spectacle that the community made in Toronto last night at Meghan Murphy's speech may have shed some light on how harmful the group can be. They protested calling her a Transphobe and a bigot and a couple of news sources this morning are saying that the only ones at the event last night that showed bigotry were the protesters:

pr3nt177

kiwifarms.net
I doubt very much they see it in any way as harassment and/or violating women's rights. They see themselves as victims.

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
kiwifarms.net
I think there's something else being destroyed by the bathroom breaches. I worked in a mall eatery when I was in high school and watched several times as women fleeing men they were arguing with - or who were afraid men were following them around - took refuge in the women's restroom down a hall across from the counter I worked.

The men would just stop at the door. Stop dead in their tracks. They might go on yelling at the woman or get another woman to go in and tell her to come out, but they would not try to go in. If they had gone in, no one who saw them would have hesitated to scream for security.

Though it does give a man who wants to protect the real female the chance to proclaim he's identifying as a female also so he can go in and make sure nothing happens. I mean, an innocent troon would have no issue with that right?

Tags
None