Terrible Picrew thread - Alternatively: Tumblrsona generators exist now.

smol sonny

kiwifarms.net
ey lmao my first post on this site! :3

anyway, i don't mind most picrews (even the ones with pride flags as you can see through my icon lol, vitiligo, ect), but i discovered a picrew that has a blackface mouth??

mouths.png these are 2 mouth options, and i can get behind the lines used above and below the mouths to represent larger lips, but this is too far!
93922_kl3tokbl.png yeah, that definitely looks like a blackface! i mean, i'm not one to call everything racist for no reason whatsoever, but last time i checked, lips like that were specifically drawn on black people back in the day to send racist messages. it's even worse since you can tell this picrew tries to look all progressive with pride flags and skin conditions. T_T

Useless Magost Berry

... eat the hot dog, don't be one.
kiwifarms.net

anyway, i don't mind most picrews (even the ones with pride flags as you can see through my icon lol, vitiligo, ect), but i discovered a picrew that has a blackface mouth??

View attachment 1075578 these are 2 mouth options, and i can get behind the lines used above and below the mouths to represent larger lips, but this is too far!
View attachment 1075580 yeah, that definitely looks like a blackface! i mean, i'm not one to call everything racist for no reason whatsoever, but last time i checked, lips like that were specifically drawn on black people back in the day to send racist messages. it's even worse since you can tell this picrew tries to look all progressive with pride flags and skin conditions. T_T
I thought it was just a poor attempt at a mouth blowing bubblegum. :\
dgsdgfsdgf.png

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1075578 these are 2 mouth options, and i can get behind the lines used above and below the mouths to represent larger lips, but this is too far!
View attachment 1075580 yeah, that definitely looks like a blackface! i mean, i'm not one to call everything racist for no reason whatsoever, but last time i checked, lips like that were specifically drawn on black people back in the day to send racist messages. it's even worse since you can tell this picrew tries to look all progressive with pride flags and skin conditions. T_T
...you do realize that's just a mouth blowing bubblegum, right? It's not a blackface mouth, it's literally just "no lips, blowing bubblegum" and "lips, blowing bubblegum". Anyone with eyes can see that. You're gonna pop your arm out of socket with how hard you're reaching.

who dare wins?

doee Geneva convention apply to weebs an furfags?
kiwifarms.net
Since the initial craze slowed down, I absolutely love how the only Western Picrew you'll ever see get used sincerely is the one by Sangled. Not even Chemicataclysm's one seems to show up anymore in people's icons. Gee, it's like geographically-myopic gaijins can sense how the SocJus flood resulted in icon-makers that're basically unusable and fuck-ugly.
View attachment 1052607
(courtesy of the randomizer)
There was another in the related section for Sangled's that's exclusively for a scenekid Mioda Ibuki. It sucks.

Here's a fun one in return: "Bad Man Maker"
View attachment 1052664
(attempted Ignis because I'm exceptional)
Saw that first photo as a Jewish version (forgot the thread)

Reactions: Slap47

Double Dee

Yap, yap. Blah, blah. Drivel, drivel, drivel.
kiwifarms.net

Well, this one was inevitable
I think this one is okay. Could use an update, but it's kinda cute.
33077_EAPLna8d.png

This one confused me, but is actually really fucking minimalist cute.

Then to contrast, this one is meh.

Some potential, but GDI, that light color and option-lacking kills me. (Also, that vaccines shirt.)

Reactions: cr0wnd

IdaRita

draw problematic pretty ppl
kiwifarms.net
As an exprert on girly crap, magical girls and dress-up games, I feel sad that most of western picrews are so ugly, there are many pretty cartoon/comics styles that are gonna look great in dollmakers, but instead we have like 3 decent ones and tumblrish crap, while most of Korean/Japanese ones look proffesional and pretty.

To end on positive note there is a new one I actually like.

Bon Bon

My name is Amanda Hugankiss, this is my story.
kiwifarms.net
As an exprert on girly crap, magical girls and dress-up games, I feel sad that most of western picrews are so ugly, there are many pretty cartoon/comics styles that are gonna look great in dollmakers, but instead we have like 3 decent ones and tumblrish crap, while most of Korean/Japanese ones look proffesional and pretty.

To end on positive note there is a new one I actually like.
I'd imagine most competent western artists have different priorities or aren't online enough to know much about picrew

Sylvie Paula Paula

He's wasting his life and killing his body
kiwifarms.net

bookiedookie

#KiwiCore
kiwifarms.net

The Old Lurker

Jungle Jitters
kiwifarms.net
Tags
None