Terrors of the Deep -

Bugaboo

I have to kill fast and bullets too slow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Darky said:

Osedax mucofloris or 'snot-flower bone-eater'. Spends its days devouring the corpses of whales.
Das beautiful ;_;

Maybe they're not terrors, or in the deep (or even in salt water) but here is the electric blue crayfish

Look at dat blue.
Look at it.

It's like tiny as well

(This one has a boo-boo on his arm which he will promptly fix by molting in several months.

They make good pets :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Niachu

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
On a somewhat less cute note:

I can only imagine them with a deep voice that always sings "Baum...baum...baum...."

D

DV 259

kiwifarms.net
Niachu said:
On a somewhat less cute note:

I can only imagine them with a deep voice that always sings "Baum...baum...baum...."
I think I first saw these guys in a Cracked article. They kinda remind me of the look my mom gave me when I came home with a green mohawk.

I wish I didn't do an image search to see more hatchetfish ... this was the first one that popped up:

After that, I need some cephalopod cuteness:

Attachments

Niachu

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
mortal_wombat said:
I think I first saw these guys in a Cracked article. They kinda remind me of the look my mom gave me when I came home with a green mohawk.
:lol: You just ruined the horror for me. Thanks.

Bugaboo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And his less terrifying completely unrelated uncle the freshwater hatchet fish

D

DV 259

kiwifarms.net
There was always something about freshwater hatchet fish (and freshwater fish in general except for goldfish,) that I just don't like. I have yet to find a freshwater fish I'd want to keep as a pet. However, aquatic salamanders make my soul happy.

Bugaboo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
mortal_wombat said:
There was always something about freshwater hatchet fish (and freshwater fish in general except for goldfish,) that I just don't like. I have yet to find a freshwater fish I'd want to keep as a pet. However, aquatic salamanders make my soul happy.
I'm like that, but with marine fish. But I really love marine invertebrates

Except the flounder, the flounder is cool.

Look at that sea hare

Look at him ink :biggrin:

This little crab punches people with his sea anemones

Oh what a colorful bunch~

Bugaboo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Let us expand this to the "Terrors of Anywhere There's Water" thread.
Did you know piranha have wittle toofs?

And they're actually quite timid, if you stick your hand in their tank they get scared and attempt to get as far away as possible. They really only eat very small animals and dead things, they avoid people.

And this is a gar

They live all over North America and prefer areas with dense vegetation.

And this is our friend the Pacu

He's cute isn't he?
BUT LOOK AT HIS TEETH

HE HAS PEOPLE TEETH!
The reason for this is that they like to eat nuts, snails and small crustaceans.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Those people teeth look creepy on a fish.

This thing (a snaggletooth...yes, that really is its name) looks creepy.

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

Bugaboo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saney said:
Those people teeth look creepy on a fish.

This thing (a snaggletooth...yes, that really is its name) looks creepy.
Looks like ol' Zalgo got the poor guy.
I'm digging his beard lure though.

And the beautiful and majestic dragonfly starts out as this lil' shit living under water

What's really weird about it is how it catches it's noms

That thing it's holding the fish with is it's lower jaw.

And behold the terrifying water bug and it's mystical power as it devours this frog

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
revengeofphil said:

And behold the terrifying water bug and it's mystical power as it devours this frog
Oh God, I remember there used to be a live-action show about insects that lived in a pond and there was a terrifying water bug who'd occasionally kill something. Scarred me for life.

Bugaboo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saney said:
revengeofphil said:

Oh God, I remember there used to be a live-action show about insects that lived in a pond and there was a terrifying water bug who'd occasionally kill something. Scarred me for life.
Was this like a show for kids? Because if it was it'd be pretty hardcore.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
revengeofphil said:
Shockingly enough, it was. It was kind of jarring actually, because said show also had a segment with puppets who lived in a cottage in the English countryside.

Bugaboo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saney said:
revengeofphil said:
Shockingly enough, it was. It was kind of jarring actually, because said show also had a segment with puppets who lived in a cottage in the English countryside.
That is amazing.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
revengeofphil said:
Saney said:
revengeofphil said:
That is amazing.
Oh yeah, talk about mood whiplash. Shame I can't remember the name of that show though, it might be on YouTube or something.

Bugaboo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saney said:
Oh yeah, talk about mood whiplash. Shame I can't remember the name of that show though, it might be on YouTube or something.
I have a couple ways of finding out the names of obscure shows, I will report back when I figure it out.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
revengeofphil said:
Saney said:
I have a couple ways of finding out the names of obscure shows, I will report back when I figure it out.
Brilliant, thanks. In the meantime, here is a dragonfish.

It terrifies me.

Bugaboo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saney said:
revengeofphil said:
Saney said:
Brilliant, thanks. In the meantime, here is a dragonfish.

It terrifies me.
I looked and can't find anything but the details were kind of vague.
Could you tell me where it was produced and what channel it was on? That would really narrow it down.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
revengeofphil said:
Could you tell me where it was produced and what channel it was on? That would really narrow it down.
Unfortunatley, I have no idea who produced it, (I was something like 5 when I watched it) and the channel it was on no longer exists...I'm beginning to think this show was a spinoff of Candle Cove...

Bugaboo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saney said:
revengeofphil said:
Unfortunatley, I have no idea who produced it, (I was something like 5 when I watched it) and the channel it was on no longer exists...I'm beginning to think this show was a spinoff of Candle Cove...
Well I guess if I do find it all I'll see is white noise.

Tags
None