Inactive Terry A. Davis / Terrence Andrew Davis - Creator of TempleOS (formerly LoseThos/sparrowOS)

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's also possible the cops kept/resold the van as a form of civil asset forfeiture. People don't appreciate the kind of shit that happens.
Probably got hauled to an impound lot, and then he had to pay to get it back with money he didn't have. It's yet another way cops steal the few possessions homeless people do have.

234ewrwsdf

kiwifarms.net
Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Stan

Fake Doctor
kiwifarms.net
Electric shock therapy has been proven to temporarily eliminate symptoms of schizophrenia. It's actually safer and potentially more effective than medication. Imagine seeing a clear-headed Terry again.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/struck-living/201504/the-shocking-truth-about-ect
https://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/new-hope-for-schizophrenia-ect-works-researcher-says
It's been coming back, which I find interesting, and the doctors using it are giving it a new name. My armchair psychological understanding for those that want a TL;DR is that since some mental illnesses are misfirings in the brainbox, tossing some good ol angry pixies from the wall socket in there can possibly correct what be misfiring in there and with some anesthetics you can avoid a lot of the negative side effects of old school electroshock had to it, with the patient dancing around like a fish on dry land. Personally very interested to see if it becomes a more widely accepted treatment option.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's been coming back, which I find interesting, and the doctors using it are giving it a new name. My armchair psychological understanding for those that want a TL:biggrin:R is that since some mental illnesses are misfirings in the brainbox, tossing some good ol angry pixies from the wall socket in there can possibly correct what be misfiring in there and with some anesthetics you can avoid a lot of the negative side effects of old school electroshock had to it, with the patient dancing around like a fish on dry land. Personally very interested to see if it becomes a more widely accepted treatment option.
It's never really gone away. They're a lot more selective about what parts of the brain they stimulate than they used to be, although it still has some of the negative effects like fucking up your memory. It's really not been the stereotypical brain wipe from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for decades. It's still near being a last resort for when absolutely nothing else works, but is more often used for depression than schizophrenia.

Doctor Stan

Fake Doctor
kiwifarms.net
It's never really gone away. They're a lot more selective about what parts of the brain they stimulate than they used to be, although it still has some of the negative effects like fucking up your memory. It's really not been the stereotypical brain wipe from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for decades. It's still near being a last resort for when absolutely nothing else works, but is more often used for depression than schizophrenia.
True, I'm not a psychologist, I don't even play one on TV. I'm also kind of shitfaced, but still, it interests me that this treatment seen as so barbaric that it is put side by side with the lobotomy that it's kind of shorthand for evil doctors in fiction is actually still going on, and not a first treatment option still is employed to trained professionals.

AmpleApricots

kiwifarms.net
A lot of things that have to do with the brain are actually still guesswork and not properly understood and will remain so for a long time. Many people are surprised to hear for example that ECT and antidepressants have in common that exact mechanism of action is not known. ECT is still highly controversial and there are no good long-term studies regarding it, although it seems like if it works (which isn't a given) it only does so temporarily and people tend to relapse.

The Wrath

kiwifarms.net
Is there an archive of Terry's videos from his early days on the road in his van? I'm really interested in re-watching some of those.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino