• ”I AM the Second Coming of the Christ and I often get confused.”

Inactive Terry A. Davis / Terrence Andrew DavisCreator of TempleOS (formerly LoseThos)

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by Dark Mirror Hole, Feb 26, 2013.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

1. I don't want to get off-topic but you don't seem to understand how incredibly complex NT is. Any idiot can slap a linux distro together overnight and Haiku is a fairly simple architecture that doesn't seem too concerned with hardware compatibility. I'm honestly impressed ReactOS got anywhere at all, if you pirate NT 4's leaked source and see how many thousands upon thousands of the gigabytes of files it has, and that only being the second version of NT ever released, it's got a fucking lot of work going into it. Not just that but re-implementing DirectX, Driver Foundation, and all the very carefully orchestrated Executive serves is a huge undertaking. And even then, they're going out of their way to implement a few things released in versions of Windows past their target version (MinWin's architecture, extra APIs, etc.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  2. I can't even really fathom that Herculean task. Just fuzzing applications and making a PoC takes me a lot of time. Taking the leaked source code of NT and using it to rebuild an OS is not the task any single person could do. There's just way too much going on.

Terry "wisely" chose going Ring0. He gives the user total power to do anything they wish within that limited scope. Security doesn't exist in TempleOS. It is, by design, dangerous. Actually making TempleOS networked would be the greatest security nightmare, ever. Eternal Blue/Double Pulsar wouldn't hold a candle to a networked TempleOS. MS08-067 would look like a small pimple in comparison. Terry made his Temple for himself, Mister God, and the user.

• Like Like x 4
    #1742 He Who Points And Laughs, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    He Who Points And Laughs

He Who Points And Laughs Flavortown Refugee

kiwifarms.net
  3. Dear christ I never even thought about what would happen if TempleOS had networking, it probably is for the better that it doesn't.

As a side note, people who have seen the leaked source are forbidden from contributing, ReactOS is extremely legally cautious. I was just using the leaked source as an example of how complex the OS architecture is.

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  4. /cow/ changed it's format on the board to honor him

• Feels Feels x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. I hope @The Temple is doing ok. He seemed pretty broken up by all this and people really ragged on him for no good reason during all of this.

• Feels Feels x 12
    LordKaT

Verified True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. Doesn't ShrineOs have networking?

kiwifarms.net
  7. Yes, it's heretical. Full TCP/IP support, like MIT niggers use.

God didn't say "640x480 with 16 colors and 65535 ports"

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    He Who Points And Laughs

kiwifarms.net
  8. I've seen a Discord client for it. This mildly pisses me off since there isn't a functional lightweight Discord client for normal OSes, and the official client is hot garbage.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 2
    AnOminous

AnOminous life of the mind
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  9. Just a reminder there's an archive of a lot of Terry's livestreams and vids if you want to grab any.
    https://vc.gg/templeos/

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
  10. Remembering Terry's woman troubles

19761426_1867414153580620_395807955317948416_n.jpg

• Feels Feels x 11
    #1750 deus et ursa, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    deus et ursa

deus et ursa He who tries (Will be wasted)

kiwifarms.net
  11. Far more entertaining than anything on TV. Can't tell if insane or OD'd on Redpills.

He Who Points And Laughs

kiwifarms.net
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Splendid Meat Sticks

Splendid Meat Sticks Castigat ridendo mores
    True & Honest Fan Lolcow TV Captain

kiwifarms.net
  12. According to the description it's meant to be "A thorough collection of Terry A. Davis & TempleOS media."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. It's an archive of the thread up to Page 30. It also features a lot of Terry's postings on various websites and people talking about Terry.

• Informative Informative x 3
    CIA Nigger

CIA Nigger someone anonymous who calls themselves CIA N[slur]
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. I was reading a fascinating article on tricks and hacks video game programmers used in the 8-bit era ("stack blasting" on the Motorola 6809, very nice read if you like the sort of thing) http://blog.moertel.com/posts/2013-12-14-great-old-timey-game-programming-hack.html

and look who I see in the comments

Screenshot from 2018-09-28 20-15-19 (copy).png

I think it's the real Terry. His Disqus is full of comments quoting the Bible, TempleOS, and match his writing style. Apologies if this was already well-known
    https://disqus.com/by/disqus_OMmutPxA7q/

• Feels Feels x 22
    • Informative Informative x 4
    awoo

awoo peacefully napping

kiwifarms.net
  15. Damn, just saw he died. The guy was so religious that he wrote a damn operating system himself as his own tribute to what he believes. As insane as that is, it's pretty damn admirable and impressive. Writing an o/s by yourself from scratch is far from easy to do

• Feels Feels x 22
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Hollywood Hulk Hogan

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. He was a revolutionary dude. Long live Temple OS!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    Zorin OS Is Awesome

Zorin OS Is Awesome Oh look the hentai pic is gone

kiwifarms.net
  17. Can we get someone to make a fork of temple os and call it pitchfork os?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    • Deviant Deviant x 1
    Hecate

Hecate My skin crawlith

kiwifarms.net
  18. RIP Terry. He wasnt even a lolcow, really (insofar as he was genuinely insane, beyond Chris Chan levels), and he was the best lolcow of all time.

I kinda wanna splice this with like some WWII footage, like, Winston Churchill or General Patton. "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself...... and niggerfaggots. Do we have some balls?" yea.... "I cant hear you! DO WE HAVE SOME BALLS!?" "YAAAAAH!!!!" Its like the wind up for like a Kurt Cobain memorial concert for 45 year old grunge-heads or whatever.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #1759 DuckSucker, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Fucking do it, please do it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Splendid Meat Sticks

Splendid Meat Sticks Castigat ridendo mores
    True & Honest Fan Lolcow TV Captain

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.