Terry Pratchett's "The Watch" - A diverse and inclusive steampunk BBC series inspired by the Discworld Novels

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do you guys think monstrous regiment is pro trans?
It's only pro-trans if you equate every case of a person cross-dressing, for whatever purpose, even or especially when it's a reason that could actually be considered The Patriarchy, as being about trans people. Which normal people don't, but troons and other identitarians do. You'll notice in Current Year that there's no longer any such thing as a transvestite; you dress up in the other gender's clothing and you're either a drag queen/king or a troon, no other option. Trans as a prefix only means one thing now, because they're trying to rewrite the world to fit their delusions, and way too many people are letting them.

Dwarves aren't about being trans, either, it's a much better parallel with traditionalists, often religious, and a new generation which wants to get away from the old ways. The trans allegory holds up better there, not because it's at all accurate but because it's a broad fucking allegory, at @Morethanabitfoolish points out. But again, if it concerns gender then troons claim it as their own, no matter how bullshit it is. And it is very bullshit. Cheery isn't trans, she's a female dwarf. It's just that no one, even other dwarves, can really tell the women apart from the men because they look identical.

If anyone claims any of the characters in Pratchett's work are trans, they're lying, I don't care if it's Neil Gaiman or even his own daughter. They can say what they want about his personal beliefs, but the books are available for anyone to read, and in them not a single character is trans. Hell, I think Monstrous Regiment is the first time there's even gay characters. Dressing as the opposite gender does not make you automatically trans, and indeed enforces the stereotypical notions of what it means to be a man/woman more than anything they complain about.

I swear to god they're about to start calling all the women who broke social norms by wearing pants trans at some point. All those women from the 1900s, retroactively transed, because why would you wear pants if you weren't secretly a man. It's mind-boggling idiocy, and don't ever give it credence.

Goodbye Horses

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net