Votes: 37 30.1%

Votes: 9 7.3%

Votes: 15 12.2%

Votes: 11 8.9%

Votes: 51 41.5%

• Total voters

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
It reminds me a lot of the Citroen Karin, I'd be very surprised if no one on the design team had seen it before
See I like that. It looks shiny. Tesla Truck looks like a triangle refrigerator.

I figured there would be enough stupid Tesla fanboys to buy this, but 150k preorders? Christ, I didn't think it'd be that bad.

This truck is top of the list of ugliest vehicles I've seen. I already wouldn't buy a Tesla simply because they can remotely do things to it since they are always connected to Tesla, but even if that wasn't the case, I would never buy this ugly fucking thing.

And the glass breaking thing is hilarious. They didn't test that before hand? The 500mi range is pretty fucking good though.
A firmware update actually gave some owners of the model 3 an extra 15 mile range on their batteries

Hardinthepaint

Good artists copy; great artists steal.
kiwifarms.net
My $TSLA $360 11/19 calls got fucked, lost $2,500 off that shit
Look on r/wallstreetbets, people got butt fucked too lmao, some guy betted nearly $100k on $TSLA going up, but nah, shit ain't happening

• Informative
Reactions: Begemot

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
See I like that. It looks shiny. Tesla Truck looks like a triangle refrigerator.

A firmware update actually gave some owners of the model 3 an extra 15 mile range on their batteries
How can the firmware on a car actually be so bad that it costs you mileage?

Give Her The D

You have been BAMBOOZLED
kiwifarms.net
My $TSLA $360 11/19 calls got fucked, lost $2,500 off that shit
Look on r/wallstreetbets, people got butt fucked too lmao, some guy betted nearly $100k on $TSLA going up, but nah, shit ain't happening
Or max out 2 credit cards like that one WSB guy I posted.

Diesel

I shaved my pubes for this?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most people who buy trucks don't buy them for work so it looks "good" in the same way a Honda Ridgeline is "good".

Diesel

I shaved my pubes for this?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But it doesn't look good at all. It looks like garbage.
Looks good on paper is what I wanted to say. Yes it's visually disgusting obviously.
I think it will deliver fine for the people in it's market space.

Disgruntled Pupper

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even vehicles with rear cameras still have wing and rear-view mirrors.

It's not going to score very well on safety. No wing mirrors (especially important if you load something like their ATV on it), a non-existent crumple zone, and anyone who gets hit by it head-on will be significantly injured because of the angular design.

Their electric ATV is pretty neat, but apparently you can only get it with the Cybertruck, which is rather unfortunate. The ATV would sell more on its own than Tesla's attempt at reinventing the pickup.
The ATV was actually pretty intriguing. I think only packaging it with the uglytruck is dumb. I bet there's quiet a few electric-curious people who don't want to risk $40,000 on a Model 3, but would drop a couple grand to try out the ATV.

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah. I remember when a hurricane was bearing down on FL and everyone was leaving, they remotely increased the range of the shorter range model S's to have the range of the longer range ones.
https://www.businessinsider.com/hurricane-irma-tesla-increased-range-florida-2017-9
For a period of time, Tesla sold the Models S and X with a 75 kWh pack that was limited by software to 60 or 70 kWh. For $6,500, owners could upgrade to the full 75 kWh capacity.
$6,500 for them to change a 0 to a 1.
If they can do that remotely, they can do anything to the software remotely. They also (as YouTuber Rich Rebuilds discovered) can disable your car from being able to use a Tesla charging station. They tend to do that with cars tagged as being salvage, for example. So the charging stations aren't just providing power to charge, they are communicating with your car and won't work if your car is blacklisted.
I don't care what the benefits are, I don't want any company having that kind of remote access to my car.
All those fears about hackers being able to shut down your car remotely? Completely real with Tesla, and unlike the other cars, they wouldn't even have to be in the same state as you, hell, the same country. If that Tesla network ever gets hacked... Shit man, with what Tesla's are capable of, a hacker could steal your car by having it drive itself to the chop shop.

Still Anonymous For This

I've never even been to Vienna.
kiwifarms.net
The ATV was actually pretty intriguing. I think only packaging it with the uglytruck is dumb. I bet there's quiet a few electric-curious people who don't want to risk $40,000 on a Model 3, but would drop a couple grand to try out the ATV.
I think those ATVs will wind up being cool.

In another twenty years. I don't see a point in electric ATVs at this time, because ATVs don't use that much fuel in the first place. At some point, that electric ATV is going to require a new battery pack or a service -- which invariably you're only going to be able to do at a Tesla dealership, I'm sure. Any other ATV can be serviced either yourself or literally any small engine shop from Atlanta to Calcutta.

On the other hand, I'm more interested in the electric truck - not Tesla's. Their quality control is shit and their resale value is atrocious. I rode in a Tesla Model 3 as an Uber ride a few weeks ago and the whole thing rattled like an eighty-year-old man. I'd be way more excited to see Ford, Honda, Toyota, or Nissan bring out an all-electric truck.

Tags
None