Dramacow Tess Fowler / Teresa Fowler / Tess Gutierrez / tessfowler7 - SJW Comic Artist, Scammer, Most Hated Woman in Comics

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If this was true then Manga would not be a thing. Go to any brick and mortar book store and they have entire section devoted to manga, and you will always have to say "excuse me" to someone else in the aisle. People are buying the weeb versions of comic books to the point it has its own dedicated section at Barnes and Nobles. Incidentally, they don't sell Western comics.

This is no accident. Manga is selling, because it has compelling stories and competent artistry. This should be a golden age of Western comics due to the success of the movies and it's not. The reason is not the consumer side of the equation, it's entirely supply side. The Japanese comics artists are selling what people want and the American comics artists are not. No 10 year old boy wants to go to a comic store after having seen Winter Soldier and then discover Captain America is now a Nazi because some danger haired SJW decided to write a woke story.
I think the consistecy that’s the biggest draw for me. In manga it’s extremely rare for either the writer or artist to not finish the book together. One of the things I enjoy most about manga is watching the artist improve from chapter to chapter.

Meowthkip

Danny Devito holding a painting of a Sonichu OC
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Carl Barks has to be my favorite in that list. Sadly, even his IP isn't immune to unnecessary tinkering.

Did you see the Ducktales reboot? The characters are hideous and Webby (who didn't exist in the comics) is now the adventurous one while Huey, Duey and Louie seem like they're on a steady diet of soy.

*sigh*

Are we at the level where we're accusing Donald Duck's nephews of being soyboys?

I think the consistecy that’s the biggest draw for me. In manga it’s extremely rare for either the writer or artist to not finish the book together. One of the things I enjoy most about manga is watching the artist improve from chapter to chapter.

Also most manga isn't written by committee or set all in the same continuity.

I love my goofy capeshit, but there's a reason why I have more manga on my shelf than paperback trades of Marvel and DC stuff.

Last edited:

Jaimas

SO MANY FISTS
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Comics are fucking expensive today. They don't even look like comics anymore, but glossy graphic novel magazines. I remember buying comics for less than seventy-five cents which had 32 pages of story in them, maybe 24 pages for the main story and 8 for a short back up story, the kind they don't make anymore. Now, a typical comic has what, 20 pages of story in it and yet costs like four bucks. There's no time to tell a fucking story, so everything is dumbed down and feels condensed. Plus, they burn off some of those few precious pages with pointless splash panels that cover two pages! One comic I read had TWO of those! And that was back when I last bought comics, maybe eight years ago. The amount of story you get today isn't worth the money you have to spend unless you really, really love comics. And now they're having all this SJW bullshit being injected into them. On top of that, some of these #woke creators are outright telling the Old Guard who has been bleeding cash to keep the industry alive to go fuck off with their dinosaur ideas because social justice.

"There will never be another Fred Astaire," as the saying goes, and it goes equally well in comics today. The meaning behind that phrase isn't that nobody could ever dance at least as well as Fred Astaire, but that all of the Hollywood apparatus behind the scenes that helped shape and nurture Astaire's success and mystique no longer exists. The in-house musical departments, the public relations teams, the teams of knowledgeable musical comedy filmmakers, the choreographers, costumers, advertising departments, all of that stuff, it's all gone. There's no "factory" for movies anymore, so there's no support structure to create another Fred Astaire, no matter how talented a given dancer today may be.

Comics don't have the room in them to tell stories which justify the price on the cover. They're also no longer in regular corner drug stores like they used to be (where I remember once buying a Gold Key "Star Trek" for like twenty-five cents a very, very long time ago). This is a bad combination that has hurt the industry's market share in almost catastrophic ways. Plus, of course, the fact corporations have bought up the big houses, and now they just make comics as another "channel" of merchandise to gobble up more cash, and pay starvation wages to the people who make them. The greats who cared are all but gone. Editors, Writers, Pencillers, Inkers, Colorists, all of them, replaced by low-rent hacks pushing SJ. By driving the fans away with that crap, it will only hasten the end of the comic book.

So in comics, there will never be another Curt Swan, another George Perez, another Jack Kirby, another Will Eisner, another Gil Kane, another Dick Giordano, Stan Lee, Keith Geffen, Neal Adams, Mike Grell, Marv Wolfman, Roy Thomas, or Carl Barks.

And that makes me very sad.

It can happen. Fucking Jawbreakers alone shows there's a fucking market worth of people who would cheerfully buy fucking comics if there were ones out there fucking worth buying. The good news is that gradually, this is causing the old underground tactics we saw in the 70s to dodge the Comics Code Authority see something of a resurgence - increasingly, books are coming out, mostly crowdfunded, but sometimes private ventures, that are going under the radar and are at least doing satisfactorily.

There's a few problems, however.

First, and probably most worryingly, the brain trusts that gave cancerous shit-merchants like Tess Fowler power are still firmly in charge of the biggest games in town as far as comic books go, and they subscribe to the same belief structure many SJWs do. This means that they will cheefully destroy the entire medium, as best they are able, rather than let anyone else take a crack at it. Anyone who creates and does not follow their dogma will be labelled an enemy. These are people who will label the biggest problem with their business being their customerbase itself, and then proceed to double down when the invisible hand of the free market gives them an anal fisting. Unfortunately, so long as they maintain a powerbase here, no amount of firings of these turds (such as what happened at Marvel last year) will manage anything - those above them that are TRUE and HONEST believers will simply hire another batch of proud-to-be-brainwashed dolts who adhere to the same ideology and repeat the process.

This also leads to the second major problem, which is that these three-layered anus-cakes are using their existing power and influence to try to shut down attempts to create legitimate competition with methods that may bring to mind a certain British asshole's never-ending crusade to shut down the Farms. They constantly look to shut down smaller outlets and pirate printing teams, usually by using the same tactics they did against Jawbreakers, via the same outrage mob tactics. The only thing these asshats hate anywhere near as much as their own customers is the prospect of those customers fucking off to buy competing shit.

Not even the MPAA and RIAA have this much fucking contempt for their customers. It's completely insane.

GayestTrap

Give tequila for dick
kiwifarms.net
Just read op and all of the pages and just expected it to be a quick distraction before I went back to drawing but wow

What an absolute scumbug. What a fucking cunt. I don't like calling anyone a cunt but purposefully wrecking a person's career just cause she didn't want to admit anything was her fault, gaslighting, and not delivering a dying man's wishes pretty much qualifies someone to be called a cunt in my book.
Really, she's got talent and produces some great pieces but what the hell. Glad to hear she's blacklisted by a couple places- she deserves it

On the brighter side, she made this tweet just a couple days ago.

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 2.54.31 AM.png

I doubt they'll even be done by the time she's 80.

waffle

kiwifarms.net
t don't you usually fire someone who fails to bring in any profit and is constantly causing bad PR? How have these comic companies not gone bankrupt yet?

The conspiracy theory de jur is that Marvel ( a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company...) is using it's position as a market leader to attempt to tank the entire comics industry and bankrupt everyone who can't go 2-3 years totally in the red (everyone but them and maybe D.C.) and end up as the only major player left in the industry.

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
This is what happens when you allow sjws into the comic book industry. :(
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't a similar thing happen with My Little Pony, namely they included a fan made character without knowing its creator was a raging SJW misandrist?

Back on topic here, I had no idea that Fowler worked on DC so I went and looked her up. Thankfully her output there is very minimal.

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't a similar thing happen with My Little Pony, namely they included a fan made character without knowing its creator was a raging SJW misandrist?

A guy named Ted Anderson did that, for the IDW comic. The SJW in question was dragondicks, or candygorefuck, a pervert who drew pedophilic guro with cute baby animals. We have a thread on that lunatic that has more details in it somewhere.

redcent

Do you have cable?
kiwifarms.net
If this was true then Manga would not be a thing. Go to any brick and mortar book store and they have entire section devoted to manga, and you will always have to say "excuse me" to someone else in the aisle. People are buying the weeb versions of comic books to the point it has its own dedicated section at Barnes and Nobles. Incidentally, they don't sell Western comics.

This is no accident. Manga is selling, because it has compelling stories and competent artistry. This should be a golden age of Western comics due to the success of the movies and it's not. The reason is not the consumer side of the equation, it's entirely supply side. The Japanese comics artists are selling what people want and the American comics artists are not. No 10 year old boy wants to go to a comic store after having seen Winter Soldier and then discover Captain America is now a Nazi because some danger haired SJW decided to write a woke story.

Even if you did write a story with "captain America becoming a nazi" it's not what's bad about entirely. I think there was an already an alternate universe, eg. Where superman was a Nazi. I'm guessing (badly) that it was a way to explore the whole "what if superman was bad" idea and the best kind if villain people could imagine back then was a Nazi (edit: looking it up though, this comic was written when? Actually scratch that last line). I think his pod just fell in a bad place and instead of being raised by farmers he was raised by someone else.

These days you have a plethora of kinds of villains you can come up rather than focusing on things like purity or racism. Your imagination could go stretch here but in this case they don't and villains end up being cookie cut without the excuse of being in that era where people were still dealing with WW2.

The preachiness that a comic might entail might kill it. Who would be the heroes in the comic? If it was good superman vs bad superman, yeah, cool (not sure how that story ended) but if it's a plucky group of people who are magically immune to the power of Nazi's by not being white / male/ heteronormative / whatever that's where it gets bad.

Maybe SJWs tend to focus on calling people Nazi's because that's the only kind of evil they know.

Last edited:

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Back on topic here, I had no idea that Fowler worked on DC so I went and looked her up. Thankfully her output there is very minimal.
A guy named Ted Anderson did that, for the IDW comic. The SJW in question was dragondicks, or candygorefuck, a pervert who drew pedophilic guro with cute baby animals. We have a thread on that lunatic that has more details in it somewhere.
Also he knew damn well it'd piss off the bronies. He hated them and the fandom in general, he also agreed with a lot of SJW viewpoints.

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Also he knew damn well it'd piss off the bronies. He hated them and the fandom in general, he also agreed with a lot of SJW viewpoints.

It was sort of a precursor to the current Aubrey Sitterson "G.I. Joe as reimagined by Tom of Finland" disaster, also featuring the idiots at IDW. I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't yanked all their intellectual properties away from these idiots yet, but I guess they just don't care. Nobody cares about those comics anyway.

Furina

Centerfold
kiwifarms.net
Even if you did write a story with "captain America becoming a nazi" it's not what's bad about entirely. I think there was an already an alternate universe, eg. Where superman was a Nazi. I'm guessing (badly) that it was a way to explore the whole "what if superman was bad" idea and the best kind if villain people could imagine back then was a Nazi (edit: looking it up though, this comic was written when? Actually scratch that last line). I think his pod just fell in a bad place and instead of being raised by farmers he was raised by someone else.

These days you have a plethora of kinds of villains you can come up rather than focusing on things like purity or racism. Your imagination could go stretch here but in this case they don't and villains end up being cookie cut without the excuse of being in that era where people were still dealing with WW2.

The preachiness that a comic might entail might kill it. Who would be the heroes in the comic? If it was good superman vs bad superman, yeah, cool (not sure how that story ended) but if it's a plucky group of people who are magically immune to the power of Nazi's by not being white / male/ heteronormative / whatever that's where it gets bad.

Maybe SJWs tend to focus on calling people Nazi's because that's the only kind of evil they know.
They like using Nazi because it's practically a meaningless word at this point. A Nazi is just someone you can project everything you hate onto. Nazis are whatever they need to be (racist, sexist, Christian, anti-immigration, whatever...) It has nothing to do with actual nazis, most of whom were gone by the 1960s. It's the SJW equivilant of calling someone a sinner. You are a Nazi and therefor bad-wrong and undeserving of being listened to.

They're trying to push us back to a black and white morality. You can either be good and support the SJW agenda, or you can be bad. If you choose to do nothing, you are an enabler and therefore bad.

The conspiracy theory de jur is that Marvel ( a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company...) is using it's position as a market leader to attempt to tank the entire comics industry and bankrupt everyone who can't go 2-3 years totally in the red (everyone but them and maybe D.C.) and end up as the only major player left in the industry.
This is a very interesting idea and something I'm actually familiar with. The big mining companies in Australia have been doing this with iron ore, selling it in such bulk and at such low prices that smaller mining groups can't possibly compete, allowing the big mines to swoop in and claim more land, talent, etc...

The difference is that comics are very different from iron ore. Marvel can try shit the market until the little guys die off (not something unexpected from Disney) but the little teams aren't ever going to really die. They'll go quiet, maybe. Hibernate for a while until the market improves and then they'll be growing like weeds under Marvel's driveway again. With platforms like Patreon, Kickstarter, and IndieGoGo, it's much harder for poison like Tess Fowler to toxisify the whole industry. There are escapes and ways for independatnt writers and artists to get their work out there. All Tess Fowler and her ilk can do ismake it hard for them, while poisoning the house around themselves. Hopefully, we'll see a collapse of the houses that employed people like her and a rise in stuff like Jawbreakers. Hopefully...

ThePurpleProse

Average Joe
kiwifarms.net
Marvel can try shit the market until the little guys die off (not something unexpected from Disney) but the little teams aren't ever going to really die.
It's mindblowing that the majority of this shitheads has high level education, yet they still use Marxists books to draw their strategies without realizing said books were written almost 200 years ago, today we have internet, there's no room for Illuminati like bullshit, you can't kick someone from any art industry.

It'll be a matter of time that those exiled just gather up and create a new company and economically rape this mongoloids, money is not infinite.

PS: Ethan Van Sciver is also running a indigogo, Cyberfrog: Bloodhoney, and it's about to hit 200k, the amount of money faggots at Marvel will never see in their lives, and that's without talking about the money from live streams.

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While the thread is about someone involved in comics there were a few posts going off topic into the comics industry in general (which someone reported). Please keep the discussion more focused on the lolcow.

I assume you were all talking about #comicsgate so I would suggest talking about the wider nature of the comics industry in the #comicsgate thread (if that's what you were discussing):
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/comicsgate.38138/page-136

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While the thread is about someone involved in comics there were a few posts going off topic into the comics industry in general (which someone reported). Please keep the discussion more focused on the lolcow.

I assume you were all talking about #comicsgate so I would suggest talking about the wider nature of the comics industry in the #comicsgate thread (if that's what you were discussing):
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/comicsgate.38138/page-136

Yeah, I figured we were getting off-topic.

The latter part of my post that I added in got deleted, so I'll ask again:
Has anyone seen more examples of the industry/general people blacklisting her? I've seen thus far the two emails, and the blogposts from the writer who got scammed by her (along with the accounts of other people that got scammed). Curious to see who else is aware of her shit behavior.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: star-child