Dramacow Tess Fowler / Teresa Fowler / Tess Gutierrez / tessfowler7 - SJW Comic Artist, Scammer, Most Hated Woman in Comics

ChevroletBlackboard

kiwifarms.net
Been thinking, with her slim pro work history, maybe one factor is that she just can't meet deadlines? You have to be able to do that in the comics industry, "muh issues" notwithstanding. Inability to meet deadlines combined with a toxic personality, and before long a person gets labelled as unreliable.
She herself has (at least jokingly) admitted that she can't take on any more commissions because the two she already has have saddled her down. I have friends who juggle five commissions sometimes, so I can safely say she's talking bullshit.

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She herself has (at least jokingly) admitted that she can't take on any more commissions because the two she already has have saddled her down. I have friends who juggle five commissions sometimes, so I can safely say she's talking bullshit.
She might just be lazy and can’t handle the stress of working on something with a deadline.

Here’s a video where she makes a Harley Quinn drawing:
You can tell she’s never seen a Hyaena (or a Hyaena cub) and just drew them as a rabid corgi (or is it corgis?):
83E3315C-AD6F-45FC-B416-6CFB3757F4F8.jpeg
4B84AD6C-0B9D-4E57-9142-62764F002ADF.jpeg

Who here would love to own this Body Positive Harley Quinn sketch?
9151C9A8-012F-437C-A715-AA5B9F0591A8.jpeg

6480E40D-D8A3-46D9-81A2-4FE47848C64F.jpeg
EDIT: There was something that was bothering me about the sketch that I couldn’t place until I saw the Bruce Timm version. She inverted HQ’s colors, it might be considered a nitpick but goddamn she can’t even follow the fucking model.

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 473114
EDIT: There was something that was bothering me about the sketch that I couldn’t place until I saw the Bruce Timm version. She inverted HQ’s colors, it might be considered a nitpick but goddamn she can’t even follow the fucking model.
Her Harley Quinn looks like she's been tucking into that giant plate of meat on the first page of this thread.

Zaryiu

I wish i could be hopeful
kiwifarms.net
Been thinking, with her slim pro work history, maybe one factor is that she just can't meet deadlines? You have to be able to do that in the comics industry, "muh issues" notwithstanding. Inability to meet deadlines combined with a toxic personality, and before long a person gets labelled as unreliable.
"Deadlines are mysoginist ant a tool of the patriarchy" are a thing she certainly said

Imago

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's interesting to me is that old saying about being kind to people on the way up, because those are the people you meet on the way down. This person is so toxic, once she finally gets blacklisted at the major comics houses, she'll no doubt begin exploring the indie comic scene looking for work. And who will she meet there but the sort of people she and her kind have been driving out of the regular comics industry? With her reputation as hateful/psycho/toxic, who among them would want to help break in to the indie houses, help meet editors, help guide her, and help her get her work out there?

This is how things should work, but in our age of social justice none of the rules of professional conduct hold any weight. I marvel at how people like Zoe Quinn or Mags Visaggio manage to squander opportunities, bite the hand that feeds them, and face Absolutely no consequences whatsoever. No matter how bad their behavior is, there will always be somebody ready to pick them up dust them off and turn them loose on a new project; while forgetting how badly they have screwed people over in the past. Fowler looks like another person who has conned people into thinking her selfish abusive behavior is a form of activism and I fully expect her to defy gravity as long as she avoids picking fights with the bigger dogs.

On the up side, lolcows seem to have a predictable trajectory with 'twitter sped' being a sign of growing irrelevance as people desperately try and get back the influence they once had. If she gets desperate enough who knows what crazy shit she might pull to get attention back on her.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
TESS FOWLER Cons, Mistreats, and Steals From A Dying Man

Nov21 by Tim Byrd
https://archive.md/QCWP9/6ccfd3388aa7ec0ea79d6206f67327f025f1dfb9
Artist Tess Fowler is a bad person.
I’ve been sitting on this post for nearly a year because I hate having Fowler in my head and couldn’t bring myself to get around to it. I’ve posted a good bit previously about how she took money from me to do art for one of my books and then did not deliver, instead opting to gaslight me and claim that I was a misogynistic stalker who made her afraid to open her door. I’ve posted about other victims she has conned and stolen money from. And I’ve posted about the toxic relationship she created working with her collaborator on Rat Queens, a popular comic book.
Artist Tess Fowler is a bad, terrible person.
All that I’ve written about Fowler on this blog, I wrote in order to get the word out as well as I could so that others wouldn’t fall prey to her. I’ve had quite a few people contact me with their own horror stories who wouldn’t go public for various reasons. I’ve had professionals contact me and say they’ve heard bad things about her, and thank me for sharing my story. And I’ve had Fowler partisans contact me and malign and even threaten me.
Artist Tess Fowler is a bad, terrible, horrible person.
I want to forget this poisonous waste of human flesh ever existed. I want to forget the damage she did to me, and the damage she keeps doing to others. Unless I’m given a really good reason, I hope to never soil this blog with her name again after today. But I have to share this account, have to add it to the record, because it, even more than my dismal experience with her, even more than the other accounts of folks she’s fucked over, shows just how reprehensible a creature she is.
Artist Tess Fowler is a bad, terrible, horrible, pathetic person. And a thief.
The following was originally posted on Change.org as a petition. It was brought to my attention by another of Tess Fowler’s victims, and I immediately copied the full text and grabbed a screenshot because I figured it wouldn’t be up long before Fowler yelled at Change.org and they took it down. And, indeed, a few days later, it was gone.
https://archive.md/QCWP9/ce250d0d6c756a69d2e58e65c981bcd30aca1ea8.png
Please help right a wrong.
Stuart Chapin, a gifted high school teacher, writer, and performer, is dying of cancer. One of his last remaining bucket list items is to pass on to the next generation, bedtime stories he made up for his children: to share a legacy of creativity, independence, and inspiration for the next generation of his family, and children everywhere. His book is his chosen way to do that, and all that remains is to have it professionally illustrated. He’s asking for your assistance to make that dream a reality.
Here’s the story:
Tess Fowler Guttierez (tessfowler7@gmail.com), a sometime Los Angeles comic book artist, turns out to be a world-class con artist, and her artistic license should be revoked. She offered commissioned artwork to a dying man, accepted gifts and money, made him wait for over a year (he has Stage IV colorectal cancer), and ultimately reneged on everything she promised, spurning him nastily without cause and delivering nothing but grief.
Here are the facts, you decide.
My friend Stuart created bedtime stories for his little children. I reached out to Tess, who had done fine commissioned artwork for me previously. Tess and my friend hit it off. Moved by his story and his writing, she agreed to create the 32 desired pictures for free. That was in February 2014.
By April, her ardor for the project cooled. Her financial needs mounted. She had shared only rough sketch work, but promised that the entire book had been inked. My friend Stuart begged her to send whatever work had been completed, since he was running out of time, and that he would have it colored elsewhere. She ignored him. In November, she again shared more details about her personal and financial difficulties, never offering to help find another artist to complete the project. She simply intimated the project would be forestalled indefinitely.
Again, my friend asked for her to send her whatever work she had done. He further offered her $500, practically cleaning out his savings. After initially demurring, Tess accepted his money. Then, again, silence.
Now January 2015. My friend implored her to send the pictures. She snapped that he was rude and pushy, and that the work had not been sent because she was sick (of which he had no knowledge). He apologized. February 3 of 2015 Tess curtly e-mailed him that the pictures had in fact been sent. After waiting patiently for weeks, they never arrived, she stated that she packaged them USPS with NO tracking data, and she had not bothered to make even a single digital copy of all her year’s work on the project.
In the two and a half months since, she has never once asked if the package arrived. She clearly never sent it. In late March, she said she would return the $500 and asked for Stuart’s home address (which she apparently didn’t need on February 3 to send the art as promised). That check, needless to say, never arrived. She obviously never finished the project, and kept my friend’s money.
As I had introduced them, I felt a responsibility to see it honorably carried through. I told Tess that I was aghast she would clear out $500 from a dying man’s savings under any circumstances. Tess replied that Stuart “made her” take the money. She filed a harassment complaint with the LAPD. My dying friend simply wanted artwork for his children’s storybook. Instead, he was fleeced and spurned and accused without the slightest justification. Please help me raise the $1000 needed to secure another artist to illustrate his book soon, while he’s still alive. His book is wonderful, it’s about being different, and not fitting in, and accepting yourself for who you are. It’s an important message for kids. His is a worthwhile and selfless cause. Thank you for your consideration.
Donate to help Stuarts family remember him.

Artist Tess Fowler is a bad, terrible, horrible, pathetic person. And a thief. And, I suspect, a sociopath.

I think the most sobering part about this isn't anything in particular that's described in this story, but just how many people I've personally dealt with who are exactly like how Tess Fowler is described. Not people I've heard of, not people I know of, not people who have threads on the Farms, not people I know through friends and family, but just people I've personally dealt with without having to be introduced in any way apart from just two randos colliding together from the ether. Now I think about how much that number balloons when removing those exceptions, and how much it dwarfs the number of people who are contrary to the Tess Fowler description.

It paints quite an ugly picture.

And the only question that comes to mind isn't any inquiry about what it's like to be so fucking malicious and abhorrent, but rather why so many of these people don't just use aliases? These things they've done are now attached to their personal identity, tainted goods that can't be reused nor discarded once contaminated. Why wouldn't Tess Fowler pretend to be someone else? I know I would, but I don't have the brain of a lizard with tan rubber pulled over its face made to allow it to infiltrate real people society, so I wouldn't know what a fellow homosapien such as Tess Fowler is really thinking, or if she can see herself in the mirror for that matter.

I finally figured it out, I figured out what SJWism is at it's core. Why people want to become one.

It's a convenient license to treat people like shit while being shitty.

Last edited:

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And the only question that comes to mind isn't any inquiry about what it's like to be so fucking malicious and abhorrent, but rather why so many of these people don't just use aliases? These things they've done are now attached to their personal identity, tainted goods that can't be reused nor discarded once contaminated. Why wouldn't Tess Fowler pretend to be someone else?
Tess and people like her are completely unable of self awareness. She doesn’t feel that she did anything wrong and therefore will not apologize for any unbelievably shitty thing the do to people.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tess and people like her are completely unable of self awareness. She doesn’t feel that she did anything wrong and therefore will not apologize for any unbelievably shitty thing the do to people.

Of course not, an apology is a confession of defeat.

You can tell how much of a cunt someone is by just looking at them, remember when tattoos and edgy piercings weren't a part of the PC-Culture "fashion"? Felt like an eternity since.

Yes, I remember '90s era Christian, conservative, soccermoms.

They've reproduced by vegetative division and threw on a "fellow youths" skinsuit.

How have these comic companies not gone bankrupt yet?

By refinancing on their third mortgage.

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: Y2K Baby

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait that's a woman? Not joking she doesn't look much like a woman to me, that face is looking pretty masculine to me

Artistic types have always been a little on the crazy side. I feel that the internet just enables those worst parts of them. Imagine if Michelangelo had a Twitter account. The man bathed once a year and would only change his shoes after they rotted off his feet. He apparently had a nasty temper and was autistic as he'll.

And yet he functioned better as an adult than Tess Fowler. Besides, wearing the same clothes until they disintegrate is just typical man behavior anyways.

She’s harmed us enough. Anytime any of Kurt’s projects get any kind of notoriety online, the tweets keep coming where she alludes without naming the sexist comic creator that hired a women to just cover up that he’s a harasser. Then she just lets the fans go on to make the connection to Rat Queens. She’s pushed her way into both Kurt’s and mine online communities and is taking every opportunity with anyone she sees self advancement with, in what now looks like a campaign of flattery, just like she used to do with us. (Everything I did or said was just soooo great and wonderful!) It won’t stop either. It seems like she’s addicted to the attention and the feeling that she has the power to burn the book and/or us down. She (and her followers) just have to keep reminding people not to buy a book that she’s no longer part of. Or support us in any way in anything we do. I mean, who cares if people actually really enjoyed it, that must be taken away from them too.

They should make Tess Fowler into her own villain in the book.

The haircut, along with septum piercings, neon hair dye, problem glasses, and gaudy tattoos is part of the "sjw official outfit" (TM).

That's the thing about SJWs, they assimilate anything cool to destroy everything you ever liked about it.

Ethan Van Sciver felt sick of the toxiticy and left DC to work on his own IP CyberFrogs, which made $100K within 48hours of it starting.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ethan-van-sciver-s-cyberfrog-bloodhoney-comic-book-fantasy

This. This right here is what I love about comic books. Look at that art, that art is so fucking cool.

Even if it were just in black and white it'd be worth good money to me. I'd flush Jawbreakers down the memory hole if it meant more art like this.

Because to them, you can’t just not like them as a person, you have to hate them because they’re (X). I’ve gotten into arguments with some of these people and I’ve been called a racist trump supporter because I said Steve Rogers was the superior Captain America. I’m not even white nor American. I live there now and I’m sure as Hell voting Trump 2020 just to spite these morons.

Try telling people that Kyle Rayner is the best Green Lantern instead of beating off Jon Stewart. It's objectively true, but he's also not black, so you will get your balls pulled off Sin City style.

I think the consistecy that’s the biggest draw for me. In manga it’s extremely rare for either the writer or artist to not finish the book together. One of the things I enjoy most about manga is watching the artist improve from chapter to chapter.

Aren't most mangas developed by one person just by themselves?

She might just be lazy and can’t handle the stress of working on something with a deadline.

Here’s a video where she makes a Harley Quinn drawing:
You can tell she’s never seen a Hyaena (or a Hyaena cub) and just drew them as a rabid corgi (or is it corgis?):
View attachment 473113 View attachment 473112
View attachment 473114

This is such a crap drawing, it looks like it was done by a DeviantArt amateur, especially with how the one Hyena's head is literally pulling a 180 on his body.

Last edited:

Jaimas

SO MANY FISTS
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't ordinarily let myself get emotional, but if ever there was a Lolcow that made me come dangerously close to outright hating them (other than Vordrak, naturally), it's Tess. It's one thing to be a toxic BPD-afflicted narcissist like Quinn and other members of the Rat King. It's yet another to be a scam-artist and the same - those traits go hand-in-hand. Still another to be the above while being a fucking terrible human being, since we have plenty of examples of that as well.

Tess falls into the rare case of a lolcow who is such a cunt that she's actually helping to damage entire industries. One of the reasons comics in general have sucked a mountain of dicks for the last half a decade or so, with decent titles being countable on your fingers, is because Tess and assholes like her fucking gatekeep the industry, acting like a self-appointed comics code authority - except instead of keeping out smut or gore, they keep out anyone remotely talented at writing or art or that goes against their ideology even tangentially.

She's the sort of asshole who will get hired, do absolutely no work while demanding every concievable concession from management (especially ones that are flat-out unreasonable and/or insane), and will do her level best to tear down the entire fucking thing if she faces consequences for her actions. She then, after being shown the door, somehow sticks around, like an Autistic tumor, badmouthing anyone she worked for and doing her best to prevent anyone else in the industry from fucking succeeding.

Basically, what I'm saying is that she's a real-life counterpart to a Noble from Dwarf Fortress, and those unfortunates in the industry don't have the luxury of arranging for an unfortunate lava-related accident.

How the fuck she's avoided a Libel suit is something I have yet to fathom.

Meowthkip

Danny Devito holding a painting of a Sonichu OC
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Malagor the dank omen

Professional crop ruiner and curdler of milk
kiwifarms.net
Can't watch this right now, but yeesh. The title alone already sounds bad enough:

God, i came hoping to see someone terribly embarrasing just for amusement, but this is horrible. Is this the mutated offspring of Moviebob's derangement and DSP's cuntishness? How can someone like this be capable of sleeping well at night? I know pretty much the comics industry is plagued with horrible people that in other circumstances will sleep in a cardboard box or working as baristas, but it baffles me how a fiend like this still manages to make a living after all that shit.