Celebrity Tess Holliday / Ryann Maegen Hoven - Landwhale model, Body positive activist, and gigantic fraud

Cheesegirl78

kiwifarms.net
During the supermodel era there was a photographer named Steven Meisel who was the toast of fashion. I always thought his work was meh at best, but Anna Wintour treated him like the Second Coming.
Steven Meisel is a talentless hack. He got his start by copying Richard Avedon layouts, and would ask the models how to set up his lights and props.
Anna Wintour has slowly ruined Vogue, and I've refused to buy it since she put Kim and Kanye on the cover.

Qi Meng Dealer

kiwifarms.net
A lot of catwalk models get paid in trade i.e. free clothes too, rather than money, at least while they're on the lower rungs of the profession. Fashion people are exploitative and cheap, because there's always another girl willing to walk for them.

The problem with modelling is that it doesn't last anyway. The women modelling in their 30s and 40s are the outliers, the tiny tip of a huge iceberg of girls whose name you never knew or faces you would never recognise. Most models are out of the industry by 30, or much earlier. There's a constant over-supply of models , the industry is heavily skewed in favour of the very, very young (as in teenagers) there is always a always a fresher face, ready to take your place and connections matter. You have to stay exactly the same size as they want you which if you start as a teen whileyour body is still literally growing is hard as fuck and the pressure is incredible. You don't get treated with much respect if any at all unless you're a big name. You will get assessed like a piece of meat and your looks riupped apart if they don't like you. Unless you are a major name, you're not earning a huge amount either and your career is short so you'd better save up and have a plan B for when it ends.

I saw a documentary about these young Slavic models from poorer eastern European countries coming in to live in shared apartments in Paris, I think, to go on go-sees to try and establish themselves and they earned so little (constantly paying what they earned back to the agency for fees for the shared apartment they housed them in, etc) they all brought boxes and bags of buckwheat and other stuff from their countries because they couldn't afford to eat otherwise. If they hadn't booked enough work by the end of their stay they had to return home moneyless. People think it's a glam profession and for some I suppose it is but for most it is utterly precarious and short-lived. If you have a trust fund, you can probably spend a lot longer establishing yourself. It's no wonder a lot of girls from massively rich and connected backgrounds like Miss. Delevinge and the Jenner girl make it in that trade these days.

Tess was really an oulier used to establish a new agency on the map, which worked for them. I imagine her earnings for actual modelling work are pretty small career-wise and her main income is from Insta-shilling crap for sure.
If you have the title of the documentary handy, that would be great. I'd love to give that a go and educate myself more on the inner workings of the industry.

kiwifarms.net
If you have the title of the documentary handy, that would be great. I'd love to give that a go and educate myself more on the inner workings of the industry.
I could be wrong, but the description sounds a lot like "Girl Model", which focused on young Russian teenagers recruited to model in Japan (and being utterly miserable the entire time). It used to be on Netflix at one point, and I'm sure there's a torrent copy out there somewhere.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Not just modeling, but look at health and fitness magazines. Compare the women in today's magazines to the ones from even five years ago and it's an entirely different group of women.

Ironically or not, the only time I see the same women in both magazines is a supplements ad that still using the exact same picture of the model they paid for five years earlier because why spend more money to get a different model to take a picture?

• Agree
Reactions: Recoil

LetThemEatCake

kiwifarms.net
It was ages ago and on youtube, I cannot for the life of me remember the title. I was sort of bingeing a huge amount of clips on the subject and it was one of those that just came up in the sidebar. The Girl Model thing sounds familiar, that might be it or at least deal with much the same issues as the thing I saw.

ETA: Just watched the Girl Model trailer and no, that wasn't it. The models in the thing I saw were older - late teens as opposed to this literal child labour stuff and in Europe. Imagine being 13-14 and stuck out where you don't speak the language, no family, no friends, dealing with adults who have power over you, under immense pressure to earn money for your family back home and be a success. Not to mention the exploitation that exists out there, or really anywhere where there are undersupervised, beautiful underaged girls alone desperate for opportunities. Tess has had it super-easy compared to this lot.

Last edited:

multiverse

out of office 2/24 -
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tess did a sponsored post for her last remaining client, a hair product company. She's sized herself out of most plus sized lines, but she can still put products in her hair and twirl around in a tent sized bathing suit.

She is enormous, and her arm fupas are larger than small children. There is no way she can lift her arms to wash her own hair, let alone style it.
Screenshot_20191008-095128_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191008-095109_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191008-095017_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191008-095000_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191008-095053_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191008-095033_Chrome.jpg

Say something nice: her back tits are coming in wonderfully.

LetThemEatCake

kiwifarms.net
#RULESDONTAPPLY

Like the laws of physics? Talk to your joints and heart about the stress you're putting them under and you might think differently.

I guess the monochrome filter is more tasteful and hides the state of her dimpled flesh better than colour would.

ETA: Oh, I looked at the company's page and not a trace of her. In fact their models are mostly very athletic and fit-looking women. A case of targeting Tess's audience but beyond that, not wanting the association with her upfront on their own social media because she's ... ah, not everyone's idea of aspirational?

SpeedOSanicRee

Gotta Scroll Fast
kiwifarms.net
Tess did a sponsored post for her last remaining client, a hair product company. She's sized herself out of most plus sized lines, but she can still put products in her hair and twirl around in a tent sized bathing suit.

She is enormous, and her arm fupas are larger than small children. There is no way she can lift her arms to wash her own hair, let alone style it.
View attachment 963731View attachment 963732View attachment 963733View attachment 963734View attachment 963735View attachment 963736

Say something nice: her back tits are coming in wonderfully.
I don't know that I've ever seen her arms from this specific angle. My god.
Oh, I looked at the company's page and not a trace of her. In fact their models are mostly very athletic and fit-looking women. A case of targeting Tess's audience but beyond that, not wanting the association with her upfront on their own social media because she's ... ah, not everyone's idea of aspirational?
Nope, definitely because of her abortion. She said so, so it must be true.

Reactions: Viridian

multiverse

out of office 2/24 -
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She's aged a lot in the last year.
View attachment 963857
Holy hell she looks awful. No wonder she delayed her end of the bargain in promoting this campaign (they released it more than 3 weeks ago and it took her until now to share the video): not only did they film her from the side, and angle she NEVER shows of herself in attempt to pretend she doesn't weigh nearly 400 lbs - she looks awful. She's only 34, but her skin is terrible. And she's shilling a hair oil that's supposed to make your hair look shiny - but her hair is clearly fried and splitting, with uneven ends.

She got money, but was it worth this humiliation? You'd think someone at Sebastian Pro hates her.
20191008_124005.jpgScreenshot_20191008-123603_Chrome.jpg20191008_123945.jpg20191008_123919.jpg20191008_123855.jpgScreenshot_20191008-123510_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191008-123630_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191008-123425_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191008-124102_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191008-123615_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191008-123801_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191008-123546_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191008-123529_Chrome.jpg

"Do what makes you feel good! Eat an entire sheet cake, succumb to every addiction!"

Can we make this "I regret everything" face a thing?
Screenshot_20191008-123630_Chrome.jpg

AprilRains

The Terrible Secret of Shopping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ETA: Oh, I looked at the company's page and not a trace of her. In fact their models are mostly very athletic and fit-looking women. A case of targeting Tess's audience but beyond that, not wanting the association with her upfront on their own social media because she's ... ah, not everyone's idea of aspirational?
Oh, I dunno. She may die aspirating her own vomit.

Reactions: Queen_of_Quetiapina

Barbarella

Guards! To the Mathmos with this winged fruitcake.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I looked on her site and Sebastian pro for the whole thing, but don’t see it? Maybe a link?

What I did see is gross. And on Sebastians site, only 7 people commented.

AbraCadaver

Alpha Winner Deluxe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Holy hell she looks awful. No wonder she delayed her end of the bargain in promoting this campaign (they released it more than 3 weeks ago and it took her until now to share the video): not only did they film her from the side, and angle she NEVER shows of herself in attempt to pretend she doesn't weigh nearly 400 lbs - she looks awful. She's only 34, but her skin is terrible. And she's shilling a hair oil that's supposed to make your hair look shiny - but her hair is clearly fried and splitting, with uneven ends.

She got money, but was it worth this humiliation? You'd think someone at Sebastian Pro hates her.
View attachment 963877View attachment 963878View attachment 963879View attachment 963880View attachment 963881View attachment 963882View attachment 963883View attachment 963884View attachment 963885View attachment 963886View attachment 963887View attachment 963888View attachment 963889

"Do what makes you feel good! Eat an entire sheet cake, succumb to every addiction!"

Can we make this "I regret everything" face a thing?
View attachment 963892
HAHA no way you can jam your hands into your sides to make a pretend waist from THAT angle Tess. Boy does she look self-conscious in those walking scenes. Almost like the lie she sells others and herself is being exposed. Body positive my arse, you can tell she hates herself unless she’s in full control of the photo angles.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
HAHA no way you can jam your hands into your sides to make a pretend waist from THAT angle Tess. Boy does she look self-conscious in those walking scenes. Almost like the lie she sells others and herself is being exposed. Body positive my arse, you can tell she hates herself unless she’s in full control of the photo angles.
I don't understand how the pain is not great enough to inspire change at this point.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don’t keep up with this thread regularly but nice to see gay hubby is finally vamos.

I think Tess was always this mentally ill Aussie gay dude’s ticket to LA and some alternative indie famous lifestyle he thought he wanted. He isn’t very talented so he became one of the countless LA dudes eeking an existence leeching off someone with small niche notoriety.

The gay dude with a super fat bitch is the funny part. Fat girls and gay guys were paired up in the old homophobic era. It gave the gay guy a beard who wouldn’t demand much, and a desperate fat girl a husband. But it’s a weird fucking thing in the modern era. I can’t make any sense of it other than him thinking Tess was a good visa and meal ticket. From the various leaks it’s obvious most of their sex was with other people and Tess threw herself at any willing dick in a pointless attempt to make him jealous...while he caught strange dick all over LA. (I bet he got laid a lot with all the gay hanger ins in the fashion world too. All u can eat cock buffet)

I’m not convinced that dump she’s hosting a yard sale at isnt where Tess is shacked up atm. I doubt Jolene is allowed to have her own place, or could afford one on what Tess pays. She was an on-call 24/7 servant and babysitter.

I could almost see Jolene leaving Tess’s servitude due to lack of paychecks, getting a real job and her own place...only for Tess to waddle on in the door one day and move in. If she’s still sticking by Tess it’s only thanks to the poor little boy. Nobody would want to leave a toddler in Tess’s solo care.

Tess will spend her very last dime on hair extensions, nails and make-up. I could see her squatting with her kids in a dump but insisting she had to spend $1k on fake hair for her next IG photo set.

Umaibae

kiwifarms.net
Wow, these are some fantastic and unseen angles! Clearly she pissed off the wrong people at Sebastian Pro because they made her look as unflattering as humanly possible. :story:

She absolutely has surpassed 350 and is likely in the 380-400 range as many here predicted. These photos prove it. The gunt don't lie.

It's so obvious that, behind the filters and Facetune, Tess is a deeply self conscious and insecure woman. Her body language when she walks (remember the runways videos?) are huge (lol) indicators of it. She doesn't carry herself with confidence. Gee, it's almost like perhaps caring for your body and losing weight might help you feel physically and mentally better, Ryann!

multiverse

out of office 2/24 -
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I looked on her site and Sebastian pro for the whole thing, but don’t see it? Maybe a link?

What I did see is gross. And on Sebastians site, only 7 people commented.
Here's some from the website; god damn did she piss of either the photographer, or the photo editor, or both? Her hair, the thing she was hired to model, looks awful - dry and dull. And these higher res photos show how bad her skin is even in full makeup. Also, lol at putting Tess in a shot with a normie model. She looks thrilled.
Screenshot_20191008-142323_Chrome.jpg
Dark_Oil_Banksy_Inspiration_Page_Tess_02_m.jpgDark_Oil_Banksy_Inspiration_Page_Tess_06_m.jpgDark_Oil_Banksy_Inspiration_Page_Tess_05_m.jpg

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino