That Metal Thread -

RichardMongler

kiwifarms.net
Moscow, Tushino Airfield – 28 September 1991

An estimated 1.6 million Russians descend upon the Tushino Airfield to listen to Metallica, AC/DC, Pantera, The Black Crowes, E.S.T. and Queensryche
jzy1iPo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

K-7

Mighty Riot Police Gnome coming for your ass.
kiwifarms.net
I'm not the biggest fan of Sodom, but the bass really had to the atmosphere in Persecution Mania:

Also, unpopular thought, M-16 is probably their best album and does a much better job at depicting war and its horrors than One (even tho I'm an autist for comparing a concept album to a song).

Potatomongrel

Jacks off to the Teletubbies
kiwifarms.net
This band was the first metal band I actually listened to. I discovered them on the bandcamp app. They grew on me after a few listens.

RichardMongler

kiwifarms.net
Anyone here into The Gathering?

Their early discography was a product of Netherlands Death/Doom scene, but bringing on Anneke van Giersbergen as their lead singer marked a turning point in their career. By the time "How to Measure a Planet" was release, they were no longer a Metal band, but those transitional years were fascinating.

I personally like "Mandylion" much better than "Nighttime Birds". I guess it's a case of knowing what to expect softens the impact, but for whatever reason, that album was weaker than the predecessor.

Anyway, here are some highlights:

Reactions: Jerri's Kid

Audit_The_Autist

spoopy harry potter cloak with a hitachi wand
kiwifarms.net
Hey you all go. I present to you what is probably one of the best hidden gems within the American underground metal scene. Slick song writing, crunchy riffs, doesn't overstay its welcome, and the bass player is a unicorn.

12/13: R.I.P. Warrel Dane has died at the age of 48. He was the vocalist for the bands Sanctuary and Nevermore.
Warrel-Dane-01.jpg

Source - Angry Metal Guy
Sad news hit the metal world today, as Warrel Dane, singer of Sanctuary and Nevermore, passed away at the age of 48, apparently from a heart attack.

Warrel burst onto the metal scene in 1988 with Sanctuary’s well-regarded debut, Refuge Denied. His powerful voice, unbelievable range and larger-than-life persona made him one of metal’s most intriguing characters and the flag bearer for the next wave of classic metal.

It was with his second band, Nevermore that Warrel achieved major metal notoriety, taking the traditional style of Sanctuary in more progressive, thoughtful directions. Albums like Dead Heart in a Dead World and This Godless Endeavor blazed exciting and new trails and became the influence for the countless progressive metal acts that followed.

Making things even more depressing, Warrel was working on his first solo album in 10 years at the time of his passing. Whether this material will ever see the light of day is anyone’s guess at this point.

Godspeed, Warrel. We thank you for your voice and the music you gave us over your 3-plus decades in the metal music business. Rest in peace, friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino