That Metal Thread -

GG Allin

outlaw skumfukk
kiwifarms.net
You can also give Magma a listen. It's their most accessible album (although not their best) then ease your way through the rest of the discography by following @Judge Holden's advice.
While Magma might not be Gojira's best album, it's still pretty dope in my opinion; it feels like they figured out what they want to do with their music and Magma's just a transition album. There's also the emotional aspect of the album as Joe and Mario's mother passed away while they were working on it.

And yeah, From Mars to Sirius is a wonderful album. I recommend to listen it in one go, so you can really vibe with the ambience of it

Reactions: King Buzzo

King Buzzo

I'm starboard to nowhere on the Milky Way
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone scoped out any local band stuff before? I found some neat stuff from my state like this death/thrash demo.

Reactions: Judge Holden

Spit bucket

kiwifarms.net
Belzebubs uploaded a new music video. These guys are a black metal group that are very tongue in cheek with their music videos.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
So i got a ticket for Wacken, if any other Kiwi is there, Im the person in front with the loincloth(i dont fuckn care while at a festival and it will be hot as hell) or the guy with Barrel of Applewine on the campground. You are welcome to join, but be aware im there with a group of heavy drinkers and we will not be okay with you not drinking like us.

ManateeHunter

Resident Mecha Girl Tentacle Hentai Activist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nice thread you guys have here.
I'm not that big of a metalhead, and I would love to remedy that. Do you guys know any good bands to expand my playlist?
I usually listen to Alestorm, Gloryhammer, Ghost, Amaranthe, and Seikima 2, so anything around those genres would be nice.

King Buzzo

I'm starboard to nowhere on the Milky Way
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nice thread you guys have here.
I'm not that big of a metalhead, and I would love to remedy that. Do you guys know any good bands to expand my playlist?
I usually listen to Alestorm, Gloryhammer, Ghost, Amaranthe, and Seikima 2, so anything around those genres would be nice.
I'm not too big into power metal, but there is a couple bands that I listen to.
Crimson Glory
My go to songs are Lady of Winter (starting song), Masque of the Red Death (14:11), and In Dark Places (18:26). A good album, a bit cheesy at times especially with the power ballad Painted Skies.

Conception
Any song will do off this album, it's one of my favorites.

As for Ghost, maybe the King Diamond/Mercyful Fate stuff might work, but it might be an acquired taste in comparison to Ghost due to King Diamond's use of falsetto.

ManateeHunter

Resident Mecha Girl Tentacle Hentai Activist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not too big into power metal, but there is a couple bands that I listen to.
Crimson Glory
My go to songs are Lady of Winter (starting song), Masque of the Red Death (14:11), and In Dark Places (18:26). A good album, a bit cheesy at times especially with the power ballad Painted Skies.

Conception
Any song will do off this album, it's one of my favorites.

As for Ghost, maybe the King Diamond/Mercyful Fate stuff might work, but it might be an acquired taste in comparison to Ghost due to King Diamond's use of falsetto.
Thanks for the suggestions! These are all real great tunes!

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Gammalt bröd rostar aldrig.
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for the suggestions! These are all real great tunes!
If Crimson Glory sounds good you could check out Helloween, especially the Kai Hansen years in the 80's if you like the Crimson Glory voice. That rolls over into Gamma Ray, Hansen's later band and tons of other things. Find an artist you like and start tracing who they've collaborated with or toured with and stay away from Angra.
Germany seems over-represented in the speed/power metal genre and you will absolutely find bands/albums there if you manage to tune in on what you're looking for and it can be pretty specific, as an example, Running Wild is without a doubt the Rush of German pirate themed speed metal. There's not any competition in that exact space but...

And I would warmly recommend Ayreon's "Into the Electric Castle", it's a 2 disc concept album with a story running from beginning to end about people exemplifying the spirit of their time waking up in a world where they have to cooperate to survive. The 60's hippie thinks he's high as fuck, future man thinks it's virtual reality, the barbarian/viking believes that Odin is finally testing him and so on... It's really weird but it's a great album with lots of different singers for the different characters. Even Fish from Marillion, ooooh, isn't that exciting. Not really, but he's good.

Edge of Sanity - Crimson
I know the post is ~18 months old but requesting that Crimson be played next at parties or bars used to be a fun gag.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino