That Metal Thread -

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Halloween 3
kiwifarms.net
I'd recommend The Universal Migrator over Into the Electric Castle myself. Part 2 in particular. Into the Electric Castle just has too much emphasis on pushing the story for me.
Migrator was such a let down in my opinion and I really liked the multiple singers per track in Electric Castle, going back to one singer per song was a bummer. Leading up to release I was really hyped, Bruce Dickinson seemed like a great fit and having Edlund(Tiamat) on board had me intrigued.

Islamic Creampie

kiwifarms.net
Ningen Isu are a great band. They finally seem to be making some noise here in the West.

I have the special edition of one of their more recent albums that comes with a live DVD. Absolutely killer show.

Reactions: ManateeHunter

ManateeHunter

Grimly reaping manatees
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today i found a new cool band. It was a good day all in all.
Never thought I'd see these guys here. Ningen Isu is a great veteran band. If anyone likes Black Sabbath, this would be right up their alley.

I also like their collaboration with another Japanese metal band, Kinniku Shoujo Tai:

Speaking of which, Kinniku Shoujo Tai themselves are a talented band in their own right, so I recommend giving them a listen too:

RichardMongler

kiwifarms.net
As much as I've railed against Metalcore in the past, I'm starting to discover gems from the early '90s when bands were more influenced by Groove and Thrash Metal as opposed to Post-Hardcore and Melodeath. Metalcore acts seemed to collectively lose the plot by the time the 2000s rolled around and all of them wanted to be At the Gates. Thankfully, a new wave of Metalcore acts are rediscovering their roots in Hardcore, so hopefully, they'll produce music more in line with New York and less in line with Gothenburg.

Good new bands to check out: Terror, Selective Aggression

Personal favorite Metalcore acts: Rorschach, Merauder, All Out War, Conviction, Integrity, Stigmata, (early) Overcast.

Niggernerd

Spooky Fumika ready to cast a spell on you
kiwifarms.net
If I can go back to dad rock.
Somewhere caught in time >>>>>> Number of the Beast
all in all Alexander the Great is a really good song from Iron Maiden and trumps literally all of NotB.

D.R.I. is rocking as shit and I'll get in the pits to Abduction anytime.

Two songs with the same name
Which one do you guys prefer?
Sekaima II??? HOLY FUCK DEFINITELY THEM. Their song El dorado rocks too. They're the Japanese KISS and they make other good head bangers.

• Feels
Reactions: ManateeHunter

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
I sorta discovered Slayer's music recently. I've known who they are for a long time, but I listened to Angel of Death and was scared off. I've come back to it, and holy shit, these guys are good.

I especially love Dead Skin Mask, War Ensemble, and South of Heaven.

Islamic Creampie

kiwifarms.net
I sorta discovered Slayer's music recently. I've known who they are for a long time, but I listened to Angel of Death and was scared off. I've come back to it, and holy shit, these guys are good.

The debut up to Seasons in the Abyss are all great. After that it got pretty decent to outright bad.

Show No Mercy is fantasic and kind of gets overshadowed by the genre defining stuff they did after. All sorts of Judas Priest esque trad metal bits that they never really touched on again.

• Informative
Reactions: Duncan Hills Coffee

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
Show No Mercy is fantasic and kind of gets overshadowed by the genre defining stuff they did after. All sorts of Judas Priest esque trad metal bits that they never really touched on again.
I kinda feel that way about Metallica's Kill 'Em All. It sounds nothing like their later stuff, and it takes more inspiration from punk with a dash of British New Wave. And as the band's debut, it's fascinating to see where they started.

As for Slayer, I think I'll listen to Show No Mercy when I'm more acquainted with their music, as in listening to an entire album and not individual songs. I always found it more rewarding going back to the first album later because it really puts the band's evolution into focus (at least that's what happened to me with Metallica).

No_one

French fries with pepper
kiwifarms.net
Polish Atmospheric Lolcow Black Metal, if you don't know the context it can be treated as a legitimately good project. If you do - it is a joke, but really well made.

All the vocals are samples from videos of one Krzysztof Kononowicz. He has developmental issues and legit mental problems. He gained notoriety as a joke candidate for a mayor of a town in the shittier part of Poland and a few years ago resurfaced as the "star" of videos documenting his pathological everyday life - excessive drinking, fistfights and gradual loss of sanity. The title (To Choroszcza) comes from a local psychiatric hospital where he was treated, without success.

Basically, it is like Mayhem with Dead - black metal that is not a pose or artistic expression but rather real filth and mental problems. For fans of Mgła, Uada, Misþyrming, Kriegsmachine.

Last edited:

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Good selection. Dead Skin Mask is easily my favourite Slayer song, and frankly the whole Seasons In the Abyss album was their peak as a band IMO.

Reactions: Duncan Hills Coffee
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino