That Metal Thread -

Shoggoth

kiwifarms.net
Uploading here for posterity and because it's rare and can't be found anywhere I looked online.
Trones is a fascist grindcore band, no idea where from. Got to them through ANUS back in the day (now reincarnated as dmu and amerika)
Up to you to decide if it's completely retarded or based, but I don't want to live in a world where I'm the only asshole with it backed up on his PC.
Included in the zip are the following lovely pieces:
Trones/Gazing into shit and ruins:
TRONES - 01 - pearson's precision.mp3
TRONES - 02 - antifascist in meatgrinder.mp3
TRONES - 03 - third world (war).mp3
TRONES - 04 - crush.mp3
TRONES - 05 - demographics.mp3
TRONES - 06 - nigger in acid.mp3
TRONES - 07 - clubbing palestinians.mp3
TRONES - 08 - reflections of aggression.mp3
TRONES - 09 - west sahara belongs to us.mp3
TRONES - 10 - stomping on reds.mp3
TRONES - 11 - anti nigger.mp3
TRONES - 12 - pan non.mp3
TRONES - 13 - good morning israel.mp3
TRONES - 15 - delimiter.mp3
TRONES - 16 - BONUS- peter in mecha suit.mp3
TRONES - 17 - BONUS- cannabis.mp3
TRONES - 18 - BONUS- Djengis Khan.mp3
TRONES - 19 - BONUS- ausgeraped (drunk).mp3

Attachments

(Relatively) recent metal related stuff I want to talk about:

1. Highly upset that High On Fire lost Des Kensel. I guess now I'll never see the original trio perform live.

2. The new Sleep release was great.

3. Will Wintersun ever release Time II or is Jari Maenpaa the George RR Martin of the metal world?

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
3. Will Wintersun ever release Time II or is Jari Maenpaa the George RR Martin of the metal world?
Never.

He needed his fans to crowdfund his 6-figure sauna so he could release some generic folk metal album (The Forest Seasons--it's mediocre) instead of Time II. Over a decade ago it was compared to Chinese Democracy and Duke Nukem Forever, yet those came out and got savaged. I remember when Time was divided into two albums how trollish it felt, but at least Time I brought the "epic" moments. Maybe Jari is a perfectionist or something.

Never.

He needed his fans to crowdfund his 6-figure sauna so he could release some generic folk metal album (The Forest Seasons--it's mediocre) instead of Time II. Over a decade ago it was compared to Chinese Democracy and Duke Nukem Forever, yet those came out and got savaged. I remember when Time was divided into two albums how trollish it felt, but at least Time I brought the "epic" moments. Maybe Jari is a perfectionist or something.
The Forest Seasons was pretty generic/mediocre, yes.

Time I had some bangers on it, but honestly the more time (haha) goes by, the less I give a shit about hearing the continuation of it.

Jari absolutely is a perfectionist, I remember back almost a decade ago (or more) he was bitching about his computer simply not having the computing power to be able to track all the layers of audio he needed at the necessary level of quality to release his music, and I absolutely remember him crowdfunding some sort of studio thing...

Who the fuck knows.

Islamic Creampie

kiwifarms.net
Jari is just high on his own shit. Basic synth chords don't need to be layered on top of each other two hundred times, his music isn't that complicated. This stuff can be done in your bedroom with a halfway decent computer. Vladimir Cochet is a good example of that, and he predates Wintersun.

If Time II ever comes out, it'll be behind another 6 figure Kickstarter paywall. But that'll be after he crowdfunds the other 4 or 5 albums he claimed to have ready to go during the Forest Seasons campaign.

Pop-Tart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This whole channel is a goldmine of great stuff.

Favorite bits:

Noah Maria from Neckbard Deathcamp got really fucking pissed about Hipster Black Metal:
This pretty much confirms my pre existing view about black metal scene. That its contrarian edgelords who don't even care that much about the music as much they do as being different. That said this is a pretty good drama channel and the drama in this community is fun as all fuck to watch. Thanks for this.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Circular Tyrant

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Helloween isn't exactly my favorite metal act (some of their songs are pretty hokey, especially the Christian stuff), but Midnight Sun is pure fire:

John 5 is one of the more unique Metal guitarists out there licks-wise, really shows how creative autodidacts can be:

Winger is overhated is you ask me, Reb Beach deserves more love:

Space Lobster Bat

Only Weakness: Boiling Water
kiwifarms.net
I've been getting more and more into metal the last few years since I found out about Power metal and Melodic Metal, then have been blending genres a bit. I know the death growls are an art in and of itself, but I really just don't care for listening to them...

So I've been going through Dragonforce and Rhapsody of Fire, then got some Alestorm and Gloryhammer (so cheesy, but I do like some of their songs.) Then there's Eluvilite, Nightwish, a couple Dream Evil songs, some Lacuna Coil, Persuader, etc. Really been getting into Powerwolf recently, I've been liking them a hell of a lot.

Got a bunch of new CDs for the holidays, including a couple from Turisas, Mago de Oz, and Therion.

If anyone has any suggestions along these lines (I'm willing to try stuff that might not quite match as well) I'll give them a listen!

Islamic Creampie

kiwifarms.net
I've been getting more and more into metal the last few years since I found out about Power metal and Melodic Metal, then have been blending genres a bit. I know the death growls are an art in and of itself, but I really just don't care for listening to them...

So I've been going through Dragonforce and Rhapsody of Fire, then got some Alestorm and Gloryhammer (so cheesy, but I do like some of their songs.) Then there's Eluvilite, Nightwish, a couple Dream Evil songs, some Lacuna Coil, Persuader, etc. Really been getting into Powerwolf recently, I've been liking them a hell of a lot.

Got a bunch of new CDs for the holidays, including a couple from Turisas, Mago de Oz, and Therion.

If anyone has any suggestions along these lines (I'm willing to try stuff that might not quite match as well) I'll give them a listen!
Give Heavenly a try. Their Dust to Dust album is one of my favourite power metal releases. A little on the theatrical and neo-classical side. One of the lead guitarists on the album is Dragonforce's recently departed bassist. No idea why he wasted his time with that bullshit considering he's an absolutely killer guitarist.

• Informative
Reactions: Space Lobster Bat

GogglyGoblin

kiwifarms.net

Give Brothers of Metal, Týr, Unleash the Archersand Månegarm a try.
If you don't mind growling then Soilwork, In Flames, or any of the thousands of the "softer" melo death metal bands out there.

Tags
None