That Metal Thread -

King Buzzo

Spit in my eye, Vanity. Regurgitate my sight.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Kinda urks me that Streetcleaner was just labeled industrial metal considering all the post punk and no wave influences and experimentation Godflesh used, they sounded more primitive and crusty like Amebix and noisy like early Swans compared to a Skinny Puppy or a Throbbing Gristle.

Last edited:

Cistern Rumbler

Absolute Dickhead
kiwifarms.net

Kinda urks me that Streetcleaner was just labeled industrial metal considering all the post punk and no wave influences and experimentation Godflesh used, they sounded more primitive and crusty like Amebix and noisy like early Swans compared to a Skinny Puppy or a Throbbing Gristle.
Those post-punk and no wave influences tend to be implied in the tag industrial metal tbh. Especially in the context of the late 80's before the genre had become a bit of a generic mess.

• Agree
Reactions: King Buzzo

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Quite bitter about not going to Download. I was really looking forward to being blind steaming drunk for the entire thing.

I've been hammering through Nu metal Albums in it's 'high' period since I've been wondering if it's as bad as various people I no longer really respect personally told me it was when I was 17 and I couldnt really articulate a defence. I also appreciate how it was a gateway drug into metal for a lot of kids Results have been pretty interesting as I've seen a lot of bands I like go through a new metal phase or where influenced by it which is really really weird. I have no idea how the Genre has both Slipknot, incubus and crazy town.

Any recommendations? Warnings? Castigations for listening to dogshit?

Last edited:

AJneedsElocution

Always outsmarted,never out reeeee'd
kiwifarms.net

Gud shit from the old skool

Other gud shit 😁

Quite bitter about not going to Download. I was really looking forward to being blind steaming drunk for the entire thing.

I've been hammering through Nu metal Albums in it's 'high' period since I've been wondering if it's as bad as various people I no longer really respect personally told me it was when I was 17 and I couldnt really articulate a defence. I also appreciate how it was a gateway drug into metal for a lot of kids Results have been pretty interesting as I've seen a lot of bands I like go through a new metal phase or where influenced by it which is really really weird. I have no idea how the Genre has both Slipknot, incubus and lazy town.

Any recommendations? Warnings? Castigations for listening to dogshit?

Korns debut>issues are decent,so are the first 2 slipknot albums,also i guess mudvayne were at least interesing

edit:also the mudvayne bassist is a cunt,i saw them support some1 else in like 2002 or something,,he climbed the speaker system in the venue and stage dived off it,almost killed some random girl kek

Last edited:
Any other slam fans in the thread? Here are some of my favorite slam albums:

Cistern Rumbler

Absolute Dickhead
kiwifarms.net
Any other slam fans in the thread? Here are some of my favorite slam albums:

I love slam but not really any of that stuff. Prefer shit like:

Daughter of Cernunnos

#amplifymelanatedvoices
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been listening to Opeths Ghost Reveries lately. I haven't for over a decade. Great album. I love melodic death metal and Dissection is my favourite band. I also really like Unanimated first two albums. I love both Shores of Null albums and have listened to them many times.
Fan theory: Null secretly created the band Shores of Null. That's why he moved to Europe.

ISDwarnedus

kiwifarms.net
Definitely going to check these out.
I used to kinda turn my nose at them because I saw them as a leading force in the wiggering out of death metal, but these days I'm coming around to their early stuff.

Another great release back when BDM was just starting to get stupidly brutal, but before things got sterile and homogeneous:
vocalist sounds like somebody sucking the last bit of milkshake out of a cup with a straw!

Tags
None