That Tokusatsu Thread -

TrippinKahlua

Fashions provided by Lily Reuben Salon SSW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not to mention the time Saban tried it's hand at one that actually pissed it's creator off.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masked_Rider_(TV_series)
I may be the only Toku fan who has respect for what Masked Rider tried to be.

Its family, all in all, was a very nice and sweet family and brought the show to a level not shown in Power Rangers.

And the shows "Bulk and Skull" type character, Patsy, was pretty fucking funny.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I may be the only Toku fan who has respect for what Masked Rider tried to be.

Its family, all in all, was a very nice and sweet family and brought the show to a level not shown in Power Rangers.

And the shows "Bulk and Skull" type character, Patsy, was pretty fucking funny.
The edgy ten-year-old in me will always love Shadow Moon blowing up school.

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Wow, the CGI this year has been really good so far in Lupinranger. I know its only episode three but every other series has always had scenes that look like total ass, even in the opening batch. Comparing this to Kyuranger is like night and day, I wonder what happened.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if anybody's interested but "Amazon Riders" is on Amazon Prime USA.

Anonimo

My kingdom for a facepalm rating
kiwifarms.net
Not to mention the time Saban tried it's hand at one that actually pissed it's creator off.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masked_Rider_(TV_series)
I've heard about this one before, but has there ever been anything concrete to back up this claim? Googling only seems to bring up fan pages that all say the same thing. Some pages like Rangerboard seem to suggest that it was not Shotaro Ishinomori who hated Masked Rider, but Tohru Hirayama. And still I can't find anything that backs up that claim as the links seem to be either dead or non existent, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Side note, I've actually considered watching one of the Kamen Rider series. I liked the anime adaptation of the Skull Man manga that spawned the original Kamen Rider, so I guess I should start with the first one then?

• Informative
Reactions: Trilby

RockVolnutt

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I figure someone here can give me a decent answer, is what I heard about Toei's tokusatsu stuff technically sharing a world true? There's a site that I have shilled for visit that does reading/viewing orders with the ability to track what you've seen and I believe Super Sentai was brought up once but no one there was familiar with it. All it needs to qualify are canon show crossovers and/or tie-material even if it's treated loosely.

I've only found conflicting information on that. Tokusatsu isn't something I ever plan to get into but I'm curious since I know people who are into them.

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Historically, Kamen Rider shared a world, and I think some of the other one off series fit in with it too. Most of the Metal Heroes had a single shared universe and would come back for guest appearances in later years. When KR was rebooted in 2002 (?), they decided to make each series except for the first two take place in separate universes. They went back on that ten years later and all current Kamen Riders take place in the same universe. I think all the old Riders are part of it too, now. Super Sentai were all in their own universes within their own show but had a crossover universe for movies. That seemed to change a few years ago and while Toei hasn't exactly released a press release to clarify everything you can now assume that everything takes place in the same world unless there is something in the show's backstory that makes crossovers impossible. Example: Last season's sentai had earth taken over by alien invaders for most of it, and was thus not in the same universe as KR.

TL;DR: Yes, unless it would screw with the show in question, in which case no.

• Informative
Reactions: RockVolnutt

RockVolnutt

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Historically, Kamen Rider shared a world, and I think some of the other one off series fit in with it too. Most of the Metal Heroes had a single shared universe and would come back for guest appearances in later years. When KR was rebooted in 2002 (?), they decided to make each series except for the first two take place in separate universes. They went back on that ten years later and all current Kamen Riders take place in the same universe. I think all the old Riders are part of it too, now. Super Sentai were all in their own universes within their own show but had a crossover universe for movies. That seemed to change a few years ago and while Toei hasn't exactly released a press release to clarify everything you can now assume that everything takes place in the same world unless there is something in the show's backstory that makes crossovers impossible. Example: Last season's sentai had earth taken over by alien invaders for most of it, and was thus not in the same universe as KR.

TL;DR: Yes, unless it would screw with the show in question, in which case no.
So there is one big Super Sentai/Kamen Rider/Metal Heroes/whatever universe with a handful of shows off in their own bubble? Thanks for clarifying. That'll probably put it on that site's to do list.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So there is one big Super Sentai/Kamen Rider/Metal Heroes/whatever universe with a handful of shows off in their own bubble? Thanks for clarifying. That'll probably put it on that site's to do list.
They share a universe whenever and however it's convenient for the story, and not much else.

TrippinKahlua

Fashions provided by Lily Reuben Salon SSW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am still a part of the local Kiwi Toku fan club aren't I?

I'm getting Megaranger, Gingaman and GoGoV real soon. I'm so excited, especially for Gingaman. Gingaman and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy had some of the most beautiful monster designs the rubber suits have ever looked.

:heart-full:

• Agree
Reactions: ASoulMan
Tags
None