That Tokusatsu Thread -

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
How you guys feel about the kirameiger announcement? The suits look fine but not interested in the dx version of Kiramaizin is kinda disappointing but the writers for the show are from dekaranger and gokaiger.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Caught some of that Kamen Rider Zi-O movie, had managed to ignore spoilers so some of the surprise characters were genuinely surprising and luxurious

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

She saw Ramona Flowers and felt so empowered
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm thinking of creating some parody kamen riders for shits and giggles. Usually modern kamen rider combines three themes, so my first rider would be redneck themed. Dip, moonshine and countrt music.
I'm thinking he combines two different cans of dip in his belt and for his superform it would be a jug of moonshine.
He could have a tractor he rides into battle and maybe a farm implement looking swordgun.
The secondary rider, who is evil at first, is a Korn-themed numetal guy who I'll flesh out more later. He'll definitely have white guy dreads, for sure.

Edit: definitely need a faygo powered Juggalo villain or third rider.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: opy702

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
I'm thinking of creating some parody kamen riders for shits and giggles. Usually modern kamen rider combines three themes, so my first rider would be redneck themed. Dip, moonshine and countrt music.
I'm thinking he combines two different cans of dip in his belt and for his superform it would be a jug of moonshine.
He could have a tractor he rides into battle and maybe a farm implement looking swordgun.
The secondary rider, who is evil at first, is a Korn-themed numetal guy who I'll flesh out more later. He'll definitely have white guy dreads, for sure.

Edit: definitely need a faygo powered Juggalo villain or third rider.
What'd the villains be based on? The feds?

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Monkey!
aka Monkey Magic, a UK dub of a Saiyuki show
they chingchow up things resulting in a very enjoyable dub, and the occasional British-isms like when Son Wukong yells "OI!" or when confronted with the female Buddha chastises the deity "I ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU WERE A FELLA" are funnier than they have any right to be

Reactions: Akumaten

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
low budget split screen enables double-posting as a special effect

a random video from MUGEN

Also how about them Kirameguys? Seems nice enough so far.

Attachments

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, this came out of nowhere. Shout Factory has announced that the original Kamen Rider series will see an official subtitled release via Pluto TV's new Tokushoutsu channel.

It's also on Tubi TV as well!

Reactions: opy702

Tism the Return

EI EI OH!
kiwifarms.net
Just finished Zi-O last night. It was better than Decade, the characters were okay and kind of likeable but not too interesting either. The appeal to nostalgia was the only thing that made me keep going. Ryuki, Agito and Blade had the best episodes.
Antagonists were easily the weakest I can think of in any tokusatsu show and the ending I can't stand at all, it's really lame.

6/10 timewaster, it's acceptable entertainment but I wouldn't watch it again.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
so Toei finally got their big youtube channel going, first couple of episodes of tons of stuff subbed in English for the first time ever, even including fanworks!
then after about a day of it getting autopopped for copyright by Toei themselves among others now the account is shut down
1586123212665.png

ASoulMan

It's time for assembly...FROM HELL!!!
kiwifarms.net
so Toei finally got their big youtube channel going, first couple of episodes of tons of stuff subbed in English for the first time ever, even including fanworks!
then after about a day of it getting autopopped for copyright by Toei themselves among others now the account is shut down
View attachment 1216698
You know what they say:

"Trust nobody, not even YOURSELF"

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
they've apparently gotten it sorted out so now the USA can see the weird-ass Fushigi Comedies and stuff

Reactions: Trilby

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net
Apparently Beast Morphers finished its run in the UK, not in the US yet, and it turns out that in its finale, it is the sequel to RPM

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net
I heard they bring in one of the Metal Heroes as "Joe Chaku"
I haven’t seen the entire season yet but I heard it’s a lot better than the last Neo Saban shows. The Neo Saban era was utter garbage.

I also heard Doctor K from RPM has a cameo.

Tags
None