That Tokusatsu Thread -

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I haven’t seen the entire season yet but I heard it’s a lot better than the last Neo Saban shows. The Neo Saban era was utter garbage.

I also heard Doctor K from RPM has a cameo.
yeah I'm not much into Power Rangers but apparently there's been a lot more random stabs at continuity to the great toku universe this year than most

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net
yeah I'm not much into Power Rangers but apparently there's been a lot more random stabs at continuity to the great toku universe this year than most
The Ultraman Taiga movie got delayed because of the pandemic and because of the pandemic, it’s going to fuck a lot of toku shows.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: XYZpdq

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Ultraman Taiga movie got delayed because of the pandemic and because of the pandemic, it’s going to fuck a lot of toku shows.
seems like Ultraman Z and basically every other production is chugging along nicely at this point regardless of Seasonal Bug

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net
seems like Ultraman Z and basically every other production is chugging along nicely at this point regardless of Seasonal Bug
Ultraman Z, by the way since you mentioned it, looks promising so far, though not sure why they brought back the fusion gimmick.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ultraman Z, by the way since you mentioned it, looks promising so far, though not sure why they brought back the fusion gimmick.
Ultraman relies on nostalgia and it lets them do more nostalgias at once. We get a REDDO FIGHT style so it's not so bad.
but yeah Z's been the most fun I've had with Ultraman since Aizen had the blarm rage.

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net
Ultraman relies on nostalgia and it lets them do more nostalgias at once. We get a REDDO FIGHT style so it's not so bad.
but yeah Z's been the most fun I've had with Ultraman since Aizen had the blarm rage.
Aizen was the shit, I’m so pissed he left before R/B ended because it went south after he left.

Tism the Return

EI EI OH!
kiwifarms.net
After rewatching some more shit I think 555 has one of the best summer movies when it comes to Kamen Rider. If it didn't rely on the audience knowing some of the core concepts of 555 I'd say it'd be even a good movie on its own. It still has Inoue Misunderstandings ™ but it's not the entirety of the film.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saber looks pretty nice. I always like a series with an ensamble of rider. Worried about how much this season lean towards magic however, I don't think I liked most seasons that had the riders power source from fantasy elements.
yeah Evil Science (possibly with evil magic for zest) is the best way to Rider

Effluvium

kiwifarms.net
Monkey!
aka Monkey Magic, a UK dub of a Saiyuki show
they chingchow up things resulting in a very enjoyable dub, and the occasional British-isms like when Son Wukong yells "OI!" or when confronted with the female Buddha chastises the deity "I ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU WERE A FELLA" are funnier than they have any right to be
I remember an old animated movie that they redubbed about the Monkey King and titled it as "Alakazam the Great". It's on kissanime. Both the original and dub.

Both are... pretty good to be each of their own standalone film, but other than that, watching them one after the other can be kind of surprising how they managed to implement such changes in the americanized dub.

Tags
None