The 2010s — an overview

Should SigSauer be allowed to continue making threads?

• Total voters

{o}P II

A man deprived of his chat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>worst decade ever

>1940s
>Holocuast which brutaly murderd 5 million jewish men women and children
>World War II which killed 60 million people all round
>Atomic bombings of hiroshima and nagasaki kill thousands and permantly damage the lives of others
>Nuclear annhilation becomes a very real threat with the start of the cold war
>Barb Born leading to cwc

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>worst decade ever

>1940s
>Holocuast which brutaly murderd 5 million jewish men women and children
>World War II which killed 60 million people all round
>Atomic bombings of hiroshima and nagasaki kill thousands and permantly damage the lives of others
>Nuclear annhilation becomes a very real threat with the start of the cold war
>Barb Born leading to cwc
<insert holocaust denying joke here>

The Crow

Fallen Crow
kiwifarms.net
This decade has only been good for three reasons:

1. Advances in technology
2. Marijuana legalization (if you seriously think it's any worse than alcohol, then you're just plain exceptional)
3. Music has NEVER been so accessible before. I constantly obtain new music, and "new" obscure older music that I honestly would have never heard of before had it not been for the internet, and I haven't actually payed for a single album since like 2008.

Webby's Boyfriend

reality cartoonist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The early 2010 were good on a macroscale, they had a lot of optimism and hope for change. And for me, they were the best years of my life so far.

Culturally the 2010s as a decade started only in 2014 and yeah, since then, on a macro scale, overall and grossly simplified, they really were like gosh awfull.

There are pearls though, like the internet and computers becoming mainstream, media access being easy and cheap, cartoons, videogames, LGBT rights, internet memes, more consciousness about political and social topics etc. But in most perspectives, they just sucked.

For the future, expect nothing to change in at least 2020, because the begin of a new calendaric decade tends to still belong to the previous cultural decade. Just like the 2010s zeitgeist didn't start in earnest before 2014, 9/11 kicked off the 2000s, the Fall of the Eastern Bloc the 90s, JFK's assasination the 60s, the attack on Pearl Harbor the 40s etc. But, after that (2020, not WW2), I expect things to change very fast - but maybe that's just wishfull thinking.

Freya

i wanna go where the down boys go
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the decade where phone cancer ruined everything. I was in high school in 2011 and that was the last year I remember where kids actually interacted with each other and didn't stare at their phones whenever possible. By 2012, it was in full swing.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
The 2010s, at least in the first world, were defined by the far left owning all mainstream discourse and that didn’t really get going until 2012. 2010 and most of 2011 culturally was very much a part of the 2000s. Trump upset the apple cart hard in 2015 and 2016. Since the election, the far left has been trying to make up for that disruption and then some.

Coolio55

Numbuh one brony in da hood, G
kiwifarms.net
2020: Zoomers doing the new fortnite dance
tumblr_mlmlr0PXYW1s6q6v6o1_250.gif

Can we make this happen, Reddit?

E: Also, ragecomics are so fucking quaint these days. Now every no-brain on the internet is 1000 levels of vaporwave ironic and I'm fucking sick of it.

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
kiwifarms.net
The first six years was just a heat sink for the Great Recession. The last 4.... just seem mellowed out. Sure, there were plenty of cool events on the civil end, but civilization wise, not too much. Yeah, there's bad shit too, but that's inevitable in human history.

Incoming 2020 for Youtube's inevitable demise when they get to try and be like Viacom and make the site brown dark and gray nihilistic realism shit movies the site though. Disney+ I've also heard is gathering some major flak for censoring The Simpsons episodes. Decade of the Rat, indeed.