The 2010s — an overview

Should SigSauer be allowed to continue making threads?

• Total voters

Pointless Pedant

Breaking the chains of gravity
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Again, from an American perspective, those same stereotypes of being creepy smelly perverts is also heavily tied into the stereotypes of the "Alt-Right" over here and I think that may have to do with anime being a lot more popular in America in the early 2000's and being a big actual fad among teens and young adults at the time.

There's also the SJW opposition to anything seen as "edgy" and a lot of anime released in America was intentionally marketed as edgy back in the 1990's and early 2000's, both the extreme VHS OVA's of the 80's and early 90's and the more PG-13 but still edgy for American TV stuff that aired on Adult Swim and Sci-Fi Channel at the time.

I suspect that anime was always more obscure in the UK, aside from the global hits like Dragonball and Pokemon back in the early 2000's.

Dragon Ball and Pokemon were definitely big in the 2000s. Pokemon still is to some extent. As for the association between being a neckbeard and being alt-right, that exists (Carl Benjamin and his addiction to dinosaur games being a prominent example), but there's also a similar association with "male feminists". Someone living in a fantasy world instead of the real one isn't really someone you want to be around, regardless of politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4_vEFbYMFM

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
Personally I think the 2010s were for most part awful. The only redeeming things were some really amazing video games, the neo-80s aesthetics, the dank 2D waifu streamers and the new Joker movie.

I have a feeling that a lot of the things that defined the decade are going to change in the 2020s, both for better, but predominately for worse.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Personally I think the 2010s were for most part awful. The only redeeming things were some really amazing video games, the neo-80s aesthetics, the dank 2D waifu streamers and the new Joker movie.

I have a feeling that a lot of the things that defined the decade are going to change in the 2020s, both for better, but predominately for worse.

One positive I will give the 2010s is it has been a great decade for board games.

It’s ironic that there would be such a renewal in interest in them in the age of smart phones and video games and so on, but it sure has been cool.

Cat Flatulence

Here to curiously psychoanalyse the exceptional
kiwifarms.net
I struggled with the decade but it was on me, as my twenties ended this year, and those years are a tough ride full of firm lessons for most.
Positives i took from it was i done some interesting work and met some cool people irl, despite the worlds chaos. Good shows like GoT, many Netflix series i have enjoyed, some good Amazon ones, Rick and Morty, the golden age of YouTube where people could swear and Filthy Frank, iDubbbz etc. made great amusing content, have all made life easier to tolerate and i got really immersed in internet culture this decade, it's been fun.
This led me to discovering what a PC bunch of snowflakes many online are though, all this gender crap, i mean what the fuck is non binary? we've got this decade to thank for a double figure in fucking GENDERS.
Governments are shit in the west all round, no one is happy, capitalism reigns more than ever and nothing will improve on that front. Current events are never positive, except we seem to be taking a stance on slowing down the destruction of our planet. People are starting to realise we cannot buy another.
Also memes were born this decade and i love 'em.
Historically this is not the worst decade ever, but on a personal level it may be to you, OP. It's subjective really.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net

Retro 90s is cancer

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To kinda reiterate my thoughts in a slightly more concise manner.

The story of the 2010s is one of wasted potential, there was so much potential for great things from 2010 through 2013 and almost all of it was pitifully wasted.

I miss the vibe of 2010 to 2013, it wasn’t particularly great on its own, people were pretty cynical, but with that cynicism came a desire to make things better, we knew things had gotten pretty stupid, so we wanted to fix things and raise the bar.

It’s hilarious just how perfectly South Park captures the zeitgeist, the episodes “You’re Getting Old” and “Raising the Bar” perfectly captured the vibe of the era and what I’m talking about.

It’s such a shame identity politics had to come along and tear our culture a new asshole, I really wish we could have a do over on the 2010s.

Frank D'arbo

Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All I know is that I'm atleast attempting to fight back this next decade if you catch my drift.

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net
What was that club music sub genre during this decade that farted out LMFAO, Lady Gaga, Calvin Harris, Chainsmokers, etc? Club pop? EDM pop? Donkey pop? Whatever it‘s called, it can go straight to fucking hell. And I’m still salty that hard rock and heavy metal are being cucked since 2010 in favor of trap and “indie” rock, which shouldn’t never go mainstream

Best film of the 2010s is hands down Inception. Fucking great movie and no movie since then has top it, with the exception of Joker. I also liked that decade Hugo, Django Unchained, 12 Years a Slave, Boyhood, The Revenant, La La Land, Dunkirk, and Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.

Worst film of the decade is easily the Disney SW trilogy (you know it’s fucking cancer if the prequels are better).

Best video game of the 2010s for me is Red Dead Redemtpion. The second is also a classic, but the first game is just iconic. It’s literally the only classic game I continue playing for the past decade since it’s release. I would consider it my all time favorite game.

Also, this decade sucked as because of Bob Iger and SJW culture.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What was that club music sub genre during this decade that farted out LMFAO, Lady Gaga, Calvin Harris, Chainsmokers, etc? Club pop? EDM pop? Donkey pop? Whatever it‘s called, it can go straight to fucking hell. And I’m still salty that hard rock and heavy metal are being cucked since 2010 in favor of trap and “indie” rock, which shouldn’t never go mainstream

Best film of the 2010s is hands down Inception. Fucking great movie and no movie since then has top it, with the exception of Joker. I also liked that decade Hugo, Django Unchained, 12 Years a Slave, Boyhood, The Revenant, La La Land, Dunkirk, and Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.

Worst film of the decade is easily the Disney SW trilogy (you know it’s fucking cancer if the prequels are better).

Best video game of the 2010s for me is Red Dead Redemtpion. The second is also a classic, but the first game is just iconic. It’s literally the only classic game I continue playing for the past decade since it’s release. I would consider it my all time favorite game.

Also, this decade sucked as because of Bob Iger and SJW culture.

Yup, Inception is the movie of the decade and it says it all that it came out in the very first year of the 2010s.

But damn, what an incredible experience it was.

Syaoran Li

Born To Raise Hell
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yup, Inception is the movie of the decade and it says it all that it came out in the very first year of the 2010s.

But damn, what an incredible experience it was.

It's telling that the three greatest movies of the decade are Inception, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Joker.

Inception came out at the very beginning of the decade, The Wolf of Wall Street came out in 2013, just before "Current Year" began and would probably get an NC-17 rating or a massive media smear campaign against it if it were released just three years later, and Joker came out at the end of the decade and was intended as a deliberate rejection of the 2010's zeitgeist of woke morality and Whedon-esque capeshit, and was met with a massive SJW media witch hunt (which thankfully backfired)

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net
It's telling that the three greatest movies of the decade are Inception, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Joker.

Inception came out at the very beginning of the decade, The Wolf of Wall Street came out in 2013, just before "Current Year" began and would probably get an NC-17 rating or a massive media smear campaign against it if it were released just three years later, and Joker came out at the end of the decade and was intended as a deliberate rejection of the 2010's zeitgeist of woke morality and Whedon-esque capeshit, and was met with a massive SJW media witch hunt (which thankfully backfired)
For me, I think the success of the MCU this decade kinda inspired the streaming wars since you got multiple streaming companies with no experience in studios forming their own and started bringing in talent and original content when the traditional studios were too busy replicating the MCU formula.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
I think the Streaming wars can only be described as a byproduct of Netflix leading the way. They surely tailored their content to ape what their audience was already downloading from them (nostalgia, edgy comedy and dark/HBO-styled drama.) Their competitors are just trying their best to create a product similar to Netflix, without really understanding why those components are all popular.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One thing I know by the way is that 2019 was the year SJWs became absolutely, 100% intolerable.

I used to still communicate with some people online on a certain website that fell into that bracket unfortunately, but these were guys I communicated with for a full decade.

We had been butting heads for a while but push finally came to shove early this year and the personal attacks and insults were trotted out as they always are when they run out of actual arguments to make and that was when I reached the point of "you know what? fuck you" and bailed.

It wasn't an easy decision but life's too short to deal with assholes like that, I've severed any ties with any groups like that this year, I want absolutely fucking nothing to do with people like that anymore, by 2019 their bullshit really did reach 100% intolerable levels.

Pedosnake

kiwifarms.net
Meh, could've been worse in my opinion.

The first 4 years where great, as i just reached my 20s and working and getting cash was the most wonderful feeling. There where shit things like Justin Bieber and youtuber i thought where cool turn into literal spergs, but i guess bad trends are just par for the course.

When 2015 arrived and everyone asked for more WAHMEN rights and the refugee crisis hit, it really became quite shitty. But by 2017, i learned to laugh at those, especially since Trump has become a thing.

I don't know what will happen in the future, so i just enjoy the ride.