The 2020-03-12 crypto crash: how much did you lose? - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CowboyBeepBoop

kiwifarms.net
Hello!

Today, we experienced the largest crypto crash in recent history.

So much for crypto being a hedge against stability. So, my fellow Kiwis, how much did you lose?

I lost around 200$ of my 700$ portfolio. Those numbers may seem small to you but I am in a second-world country and it was a significant chunk of my savings.

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
I never invested in anything so I'm perfectly fine.
I'm still not sure how someone managed to market monopoly money so effectively
...scratch that. Monopoly money still exists without an internet collection.

I guess it was the "good old days" of 2011 when reddit and all the other internet monopolies allowed non preselected things to get popular and it had that "indie" spirit behind it.

• Agree
Reactions: AmarettoPie

WeeGee

Weegee is de wae.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
$100, but 90% of it was from Brave, I'm sure it will go up once people stop shitting themselves and doing nothing.

Hotpie

kiwifarms.net
I only have ripples I got free so I am still ahead just not as much. I guess the moon was a battle station after all.

awoo

Awoo Supremacist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't cryptocurrency supposed to be "the future"? What's the point of various iterations of -coin if it simply collapses alongside the dollar and every existing market it (apparently) sought to undermine?
The point is that it still enables confidential transactions which was its original purpose.

I would never "invest" in a cryptocurrency. I would feel moderately bad if I lost a lot in a stock market crash, but I would feel even worse if my currency mysteriously "disappeared" like in Mt. Gox. Triggers the crypto idiots every time.

CowboyBeepBoop

kiwifarms.net
It somehow got even worse.

I can't even.
1584082766456.png

The point is that it still enables confidential transactions which was its original purpose.

I would never "invest" in a cryptocurrency. I would feel moderately bad if I lost a lot in a stock market crash, but I would feel even worse if my currency mysteriously "disappeared" like in Mt. Gox. Triggers the crypto idiots every time.
There is no risk of your crypto disappearing if you have it in your own wallet. You are only at risk if you keep your coins on an exchange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the bright side of things, it could be much worse.
At least you didn't get into Bitcoin when it was still climbing, around $11k, only to lose half your investment after China banned it and Gordon Gecko wannabes sold all their coins.

Neither did I.
The ideal of Bitcoin was murdered and its corpse raped several times when Gox disappeared, when the network was taken over by a mining pool, when China got into mass mining on cheap electricity, and when bankers used it as just another investment without anything to counteract them.

Those numbers may seem small to you but I am in a second-world country and it was a significant chunk of my savings.
If you're in a "second world country" and your life savings is $700, you're either homeless or you're doing something wrong. Maybe your problem is throwing the money you do have away investing in exceptional shit like crypto.

• Agree
Reactions: Arm_of_the_Lord
Tags
None