• ”You're tearing me apart, Lisa!”

The 91st Academy Awards (2019)Predictions, Disscussion, Aftermath .

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by nostalgiaisadrug, Jan 8, 2019.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    nostalgiaisadrug

nostalgiaisadrug iconicGORL

kiwifarms.net
  1. Black Panther has been nominated numerous times so I'd assume it'll win a few.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    thenakedhomeless

thenakedhomeless The Fat Trailer Park Queen
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Black Panther is going to win all the awards nobody cares about so Hollywood can feel self-righteous. It's going to win Best Makeup Effects or something similar.

There was a documentary about Ruth Bader Ginsburg, so that's getting best Doc. Best picture is going to be some movie that reinforces the biases of Hollywood that Hollywood is great and progressive and valuable, while simultaneously not containing any icky minorities. There's gonna be a further metoo push for America to wake up to the injustices that Hollywood producers have been doing and Hollywood has been covering up for decades but apparently it's our fault.

Lady Gaga is going to win best song for A Star is Born, and she's going to get the award within 15 minutes of performing the song on stage for the crowd. Solo: A Star Wars Story is going to win Best Visual Effects because Disney wants it to and it'll make their terrible flop look better.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    The Manglement

The Manglement Some internet faggot

kiwifarms.net
  3. Horrific amounts of cringe as they all pat themelves on the back for solving #Metoo while the various actors/tresses wipe the cum dribbling from their lips from blowing somebody for an award.

So, SSDD.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    neverendingmidi

neverendingmidi it just goes on and on and on and on...

kiwifarms.net
  4. They will just bring back Jimmy Kimmel, so every second sentence will be "fuck drumpf" while the rest of the show will be a giant grandstanding circlejerk.

Whenever Black Panther and Blackkklansman win an award, we will hear a long speech about oppressed blacks in america and when A star is born wins best song, lady gaga will say how hard it is for women to be in the music industry, eventhough she is the biggest pop sensation of the last 15 years.

So yeah, nothing new.

• Agree Agree x 6
    kiwifarms.net
  5. ...and the ratings will continue to drop...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Uncanny Valley

Uncanny Valley masshole
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. Predictions:

-Toni Collette + Hereditary in general will get snubbed because of the Academy's refusal to acknowledge the Horror Genre.
    -Incredibles 2/Ralph 2 wins best animated instead of Spiderverse
    -Solo and/or Wrinkle in Time gets cheap effects nomination because Disney shills
    -Lady Gaga wins some form of award be it through song or acting. Twitter reblogs YAAAAS KWEEEN all night.
    -Rami Malek for Best Actor
    -8 billion Trump jokes/MeToo/something something race something something progressive
    -People find something to complain about/#Oscarssowhite unless Black Panther wins everything
    -The ratings go spelunking a la The Descent and never come back.

Rinse and repeat till next year.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Alto

Alto See you Space Doggo

kiwifarms.net
  7. Will the Academy nominate Golden Globe Best Animated Feature winner Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse or will it be a repeat of The Adventures of Tintin, the Golden Globe winner that failed to get nominated for the Best Animated Feature Oscar due to the film using too much motion capture (despite 2006's Best Animated Feature winner Happy Feet also having used extensive motion capture for the dancing scenes)?

I don't think Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse used any motion capture, so it's not likely to be disqualified for technical reasons. However, the Academy does seem to have a bit of a bias against animated films based on existing, well-known properties (unless they're relatively unknown books like Shrek or Fantastic Mr. Fox). The Lego Movie is perhaps the most famous example of a generally very well-received animated movie that got shut out of the nominations by the Academy's animation branch presumably because of its toy tie-in origins. The 2015 Peanuts Movie likewise failed to be nominated, the Academy filling the "fifth slot" with the obscure Brazilian animated movie Boy and the World instead.

Of the other Golden Globes Best Animated Feature nominees, I think Isle of Dogs and The Incredibles 2 are the shoe-ins for Oscar nomination. Ralph Breaks the Internet is on the bubble. Maybe the anime film Mirai will get a nod too, though distributor GKids has also been campaigning for a number of other anime films like The Night is Short, Walk On Girl and Fireworks.

The Incredibles 2 is probably still the Oscar front-runner despite Spider-Man's Golden Globe upset victory. I doubt Ralph Breaks the Internet has much of any chance at winning considering that the original lost to Brave, which was second-tier Pixar.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    sasazuka

sasazuka Standing in the school hallway.

kiwifarms.net
  8. Black Panther's gonna win a visual effects award despite the last 1/3 of the movie looking like a PS2 game. Outside of that, I expect the usual shutout.

If either Boseman or Jordan are nominated for acting awards (maaaaayyybe a supporting nom for Jordan), I'll be surprised. Green Book is such primo Oscar Bait I'd be very surprised to see it not clean up this year, because Hollywood loves Boomer Racial Tension stories even more than they love the woke money.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Absolutego

Absolutego Ghost of ¡Jeb!

kiwifarms.net
  9. It’s not even boomer related at this point. So long as there’s a movie that drives in the white guilt, it’s a winner. That’s why 12 Years a Slave, Selma, and The Help did so well at previous Oscars events.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    JambledUpWords

JambledUpWords Gorl who loves orange chicken

kiwifarms.net
  10. The issue with Isle of Dogs is that it will get (falsely) slammed for 'cultural appropriation' somehow...on the other hand, Wes Anderson is pretty popular with the Academy so they might throw him a bone. I don't think they give much credit to sequels, so I think The Incredibles 2 is out of luck.

• Agree Agree x 4
    JohnDoe

JohnDoe New Year's Resolution: End the Saracen Threat!

kiwifarms.net
  11. For Thanos alone, Infinity War should win for Best Special Effects ... But it'll probably go to Black Panther, obviously because those War Rhinos looked so awesome and badass (not ridiculous at all ...).

I expect that because A Star is Born didn't win any Golden Globes, it will take home a bunch of the Oscars (Gaga for Best Song and Best Actress, and then Bradley Cooper for Best Actor). I think that Roma will win Best Picture.

I want either Spider-Verse or Isle of Dogs to win Best Animated Picture, but I have a feeling that The Incredibles 2 will win.

12 Years a Slave won Best Picture ... And most of the Academy Voters openly admitted to voting for it WITHOUT having seen the movie. If that doesn't speak volumes, then I don't know what does.

All of the "white guilt" hype surrounding that movie is a legitimate shame, though. I think that 12 Years a Slave is actually a GREAT film ...

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  12. - Hereditary deserves nothing because it was a lame movie.
    - Animation is for babies and shouldn't win awards
    - Accurate
    - Also accurate
    - Rami Malek is a treasure of this generation
    - Don't forget patting themselves on the back for this posturing!
    - There could be #Oscarssoskinny, #Oscarssocis, #OscarssononEskimo...
    - The ratings are going so far into the ground they're coming out the same place Hollywood's blockbusters have to to break even: China.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    The Shadow

The Shadow protecting dogs and shredding tunes for the Duke

kiwifarms.net
  13. The Black Panther-shilling is definitely going to be exhausting. Contrary to what everyone else says, Infinity War really did seem like the more popular and celebrated product out of the Marvel films this year. The memes were everywhere and it was all people could talk about for weeks and weeks.

I feel like I was the only one who didn't like A Star is Born??? It just felt...weak. The leads weren't bad but THIS is the best the year could offer? This??? I remember discussing lots of technical aspects with my friends about how the movie was filmed and we actually poked a lot of holes at the cinematography and script and how it made certain scenes feel abrupt or flat. It's not a terrible movie but it's certainly no Best Picture. But I lost faith in the Academy long ago so whatever.

Isle of Dogs won't win. The "cultural appropriation" nonsense coupled with Disney's iron-clad grip on the industry ensures that it takes a hail-mary in order to get the award to someone else. Spirited Away won because it was Miyazaki's opus (apart from Mononoke). Shrek won because it was a satire against Disney and it was, at the time, cool and hip to shit on Disney because the Renaissance Era was over and they were churning out more experimental films like Atlantis. Happy Feet won because it was up against fucking CARS. Etc.

It was just a really weak year in film in general. I hate to sound like a broken record but I really do wish that Hereditary had a shot, even if it's not everyone's cup of tea. I just feel that it had all the right marks to go toe to toe with any of these films and the cinematography, performances, and atmosphere made it more than worthy of some recognition, however small. But that's just my personal opinion. I get why people might be turned off by it. It just bothers me that the Horror Genre is always the neglected stepchild in these sorts of ceremonies.

Like I said, the value of an Oscar has degraded in meaning over the years. Undeserving winners, lousy politics, unfunny hosts, and unquestioned bias have turned what WAS an essential ceremony of filmmaking into a fucking joke.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Alto

Alto See you Space Doggo

kiwifarms.net
  14. All i want to know if by the 100th anniversary will it just be people filled with nothing but black trasbien movies or will it finally collapse under its own weight and no longer be able to justify its own costs and end. Someone with crystal ball please tell me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Otis Boi

Otis Boi Cow man extraordinaire

kiwifarms.net
  15. He made an excellent Pharaoh in Night at the Museum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. Black Panther will not be up for best picture but it will win best visual effects somehow even though it shouldn't have made it to the short list.
    Bohemian Rhapsody will not be up for any major award.
    Hereditary and You Were Never Really Here will not be up for any awards even though they should.
    Trump will be named drop at least 3 times.
    Metoo/times up will be said at least 2 times.
    Best Foreign Language Film will go to Roma.
    Isle of Dogs won't be up for best animated movie, much like how Lego Movie was snubbed.
    Green Book wins best picture but Viggo Mortensen isn't up for best actor due to saying nigger.
    Meryl Streep will somehow be up for an award again.
    A Quiet Place is rightfully not up for any awards.
    Lady Gaga will be up for best actress but will lose to Olivia Colman in The Favourite.
    Mary Poppins Returns will win best song confusing everyone.
    Robert Redford will win best actor due to the whole retiring from acting and this being his last role.

• Like Like x 3
    #17 vhstape, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Ricky Gervais hosting the ceremony would be GLORIOUS.

But... Oh, right, the Academy let its balls drop off long ago :roll:

• Feels Feels x 2
    Chester Rigby

Chester Rigby Eventually relevant. Trust me.

kiwifarms.net
  18. I've always had little interest in seeing oscar nominated films. How long a film is discussed is more a sign of quality the anything.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Cool kitties club

Cool kitties club A brainwashing facility for an advanced nation

kiwifarms.net
  19. https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-oscars-will-reportedly-have-no-host-this-year

• Informative Informative x 7
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.