The 91st Academy Awards (2019) - Predictions, Disscussion, Aftermath .

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
because the Academy seems to have learned that film studios are exploiting their love of movies about Hollywood for easy awards and they've consistently skipped over that nominee since giving an Oscar to The Artist.

La La Land

Absolutego

Making dough but not enough to blow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Didn't win, they gave the best picture to Moonlight that year. Everyone saying La La Land would inevitably win is part of why I don't think A Star is Born will.

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Didn't win, they gave the best picture to Moonlight that year. Everyone saying La La Land would inevitably win is part of why I don't think A Star is Born will.
I can still see the Oscars giving Lady Gaga the award for best actress. With La La Land, it didn’t win best picture, but Emma Stone won best actress that year. I know the Oscar winners are based on influence, and Lady Gaga has plenty of it to get the Academy to give her the award. She’s been doing everything possible to groom herself for best actress for that movie.

OttoWest

Your father’s breast implants
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can still see the Oscars giving Lady Gaga the award for best actress. With La La Land, it didn’t win best picture, but Emma Stone won best actress that year. I know the Oscar winners are based on influence, and Lady Gaga has plenty of it to get the Academy to give her the award. She’s been doing everything possible to groom herself for best actress for that movie.

I don’t see it. ASIB has been underperforming when it comes to actually winning awards at all the lead-up shows. Some of the pundits are blaming it on the movie being overhyped and GaGa delivering the same canned speech over and over again.

And GaGa is up against a veteran actress who has something like seven nominations (but has never won) in Glenn Close. Veterans, unless they are utterly despised, usually win over newbies.

because the Academy seems to have learned that film studios are exploiting their love of movies about Hollywood for easy awards and they've consistently skipped over that nominee since giving an Oscar to The Artist.

Not sure I agree with this, as they’re still pretty keen on movies about art, though perhaps in a more expanded way. After Argo you had Birdman, which was all about being an “artist”; you had La La Land; even Shape of Water had its little “movies-as-escapism” theme running throughout. That’s another reason both Green Book and ASIB have decent shots- they’re both about artists/performers and their struggles.

Muttnik

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
Gaga wasn't really even that amazing in the movie anyway. If she wins, it'll just confirm that all of this is just a meaningless popularity contest. I hope Glenn Close carpet-bombs her into the ground.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With the talk of a hostless Oscars this year, this piece of cringe history has resurfaced...

Bring back Billy Crystal!

nonnewtonian

Straight Outta Vellie
kiwifarms.net
I seriously hope Black Panther wins Best Picture. A current year multi-million dollar Disney production where a group of technophobic, less civilized, and more aggressive African people use gorillas as their representative animal and literally ook at a white man winning a major award in a desperate bid for woke cred would be the funniest shit.

Deadwaste

i hate the internet and in return it hates me
kiwifarms.net
I seriously hope Black Panther wins Best Picture. A current year multi-million dollar Disney production where a group of technophobic, less civilized, and more aggressive African people use gorillas as their representative animal and literally ook at a white man winning a major award in a desperate bid for woke cred would be the funniest shit.
it wont, but thatd be hilarious/ not betting or anything, but its gonna be either roma,

actually looking up the wiki page trying to remember the movies nominated, i see infinity war was nominated best picture now
BPi6Ch4.png

so yeah probably an error tho

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
it wont, but thatd be hilarious/ not betting or anything, but its gonna be either roma,

actually looking up the wiki page trying to remember the movies nominated, i see infinity war was nominated best picture now
BPi6Ch4.png

so yeah probably an error tho

It should have been that anyway.

And you know Star Is Born will win (The Favourite should win though)

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gaga wasn't really even that amazing in the movie anyway. If she wins, it'll just confirm that all of this is just a meaningless popularity contest. I hope Glenn Close carpet-bombs her into the ground.

Lady Gaga's not a good actress. If she wins her speech will be ten times more pretentious than Gwyneth's.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lady Gaga's not a good actress. If she wins her speech will be ten times more pretentious than Gwyneth's.
Probably, if she's going to be like when she promoted A Star Is Born on the Graham Norton show. I mind her less than most other modern pop stars but that interview didn't make a good impression

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She already did at the golden globes, talking about how hard it is as a womyn to survive in the music industry, eventhough she is the biggest pop sensation male or female in the last 15 years.

She should whine again if she wins an Oscar about how hard it is to get called out for defending and working with a rapist.
Sorry, I meant a serial rapist.

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I could see Lady Gaga getting the Oscar for the publicity alone. She has an insanely large fan base that could drive up the Oscar ratings and therefor make more money from the ad revenue.