The 91st Academy Awards (2019) - Predictions, Disscussion, Aftermath .

Luthien

kiwifarms.net
I think A Star Is Born has a shot at Best Song and Best Actress, maybe Best Adapted Screenplay even if the movie has been remade a dozen times. I thought Gaga was good in the film (even if she's miles away from Judy Garland who definitely got robbed of her Oscar for her performance, but the bar is high here). Olivia Colman's been doing a lot better than expected and I'm kind of rooting for her since her portrayal of Queen Anne was darkly humorous and heartbreaking all at once, and you have to be a seriously talented actress to pull that off. But I think Glenn Close is going to get it as a consolation prize for all those times she didn't get it.

Roma should get Best Picture, but I doubt it will. ASIB is exactly the kind of shit the Academy LURVES, but while it's not in any way a bad film, I don't think it's the best of the list either. So it could have chances of winning since La La Land didn't. And I kinda want Black Panther to win deep down because cinema snobs who've been frothing at the mouth about Return of the King winning since 2004 will lose their shit. I just really like seeing dumpster fires.

Rami Malek's gonna win Best Actor, because the Academy LURVES portrayals of real people that involve transforming yourself to look like the person in question - even if he was literally the only award-worthy thing about Bohemian Rhapsody, which has no business in Best Picture.

Richard E. Grant's gonna get the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for sure - I'm actually surprised he didn't win anything else. I don't know who's getting Best Supporting Actress, but honestly, I think Emma Stone should have gotten her Oscar for The Favourite rather than La La Land.

Isle of Dogs
should win Best Animated Feature, but a Disney film will get it for sure.

Best Costume Design should go to either The Favourite, either Black Panther.

Volvo240

I shot her with the armadillo gun
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really want Olivia Colman to get best actress.

I've been watching her since peep show and she's always been so into her characters. She said before the director did she knew Sophie ( her Peep show character) was a terrible bitch
Also The Favourite has been the best "history" based drama I've ever seen.

I doubt it but to me she's the least Hollywood of them all. she'd get pissed accepting an award. Talking about how awesome it was to be around a naked Emma Stone. I mean...

Here's drinking with you lads on sunday

ObsoleteMediaFormat

kiwifarms.net
RBG was an awful doc, really didn't go into her cases, spent more time on shitty memes about her and the whole trying to make her look like a bad ass working out at the start just make me laugh for 5 minutes non-stop. Went in the doc open minded as I really don't know much about her, left feeling I didn't learn much outside her relationship with her now dead husband.

Archeops

Trying to find the meaning of Life, no luck so far
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually kind of shocked that Into The Spider-Verse won, I guess the Academy's aversion to sequels is still strong. Well, that and and Disney poked the proverbial dragon with those Tweets promoting Incredibles 2.

At least The Mouse got the scraps known as Best Animated Short Film with Bao.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
Oh man, Twitter is gonna be so pissed off about the Best Picture win.

The niggers got animation, had to give something to the fags.

Edit: Having my own exceptional moment and not caring about the Oscars, saw a post that Bohemian Rhapsody won and took it as fact, not remotely sure if Green Book is about homosexuals for my joke to work.

Last edited:

Volvo240

I shot her with the armadillo gun
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really want Olivia Colman to get best actress.

I've been watching her since peep show and she's always been so into her characters. She said before the director did she knew Sophie ( her Peep show character) was a terrible bitch
Also The Favourite has been the best "history" based drama I've ever seen.

I doubt it but to me she's the least Hollywood of them all. she'd get pissed accepting an award. Talking about how awesome it was to be around a naked Emma Stone. I mean...

Here's drinking with you lads on sunday
I fucking screamed. My queen won. Most of everything else I disagreed with but... I didn't think it would happen.

MrTroll

I know you can read MY thoughts, boy
kiwifarms.net
Thank god Lady Gaga didn't win Best Actress. Also, lol @ Netflix's zillion-dollar promotional campaign for Roma to win Best Picture and it still couldn't beat Green Book (aka Crash 2).