The 91st Academy Awards (2019) - Predictions, Disscussion, Aftermath .

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I couldn't stand it, tbh. So much woke bullshit and the only person who had any charm was Mulaney.

But yeah, despite pandering to wokes Tumblr is chimping out for Olivia Colman winning over muh precious Indian Mexican because fuck hard work and dedication, we're just gonna give awards to people due to their skin color.

That woman from Crazy Rich Asians was so annoying and unfunny. She didn't sell me on her movie. I'm not writing her name because I honestly can't spell it. There was some woke stuff but it wasn't as bad as the last few years. Funny how the Oscars became watchable once there was no host.

I love Green Book just because it got so many people offended by winning over Spike Lee's film and Black Panther. As for Spike Lee his behavior when Green Book won was so unprofessional and his comments after the show made him sound like such an awful sore loser. All of Spike Lee's films have the same premise. Racism and animosity. No positivity or people getting along at all.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://twitter.com/shteverogers/status/1099929628725014530

Weird, I watched Roma but it didn't make me feel uncomfortable over being white. Does that make me a white supremacist?
That woman from Crazy Rich Asians was so annoying and unfunny. She didn't sell me on her movie. I'm not writing her name because I honestly can't spell it. There was some woke stuff but it wasn't as bad as the last few years. Funny how the Oscars became watchable once there was no host.

I love Green Book just because it got so many people offended by winning over Spike Lee's film and Black Panther. As for Spike Lee his behavior when Green Book won was so unprofessional and his comments after the show made him sound like such an awful sore loser. All of Spike Lee's films have the same premise. Racism and animosity. No positivity or people getting along at all.
Awkwafina? She sounds like a drunk horse when laughing.

The massive amount of REEEing about race it has caused on woke social media has actually lead me to want to check it out

Last edited:

Bread Fetishist

Public enemy to bakers everywhere
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, it feels like these people are just really pissy over their favorite films not winning and start crying racism in the hopes that people will take their bitching seriously. Remember when Guillermo del Toro, a Mexican man, won Best Picture for The Shape of Water last year, but they still bitched about it? I swear, they could nominate nothing but black movies for Best Picture and these people would still cry racism over their favorite one not winning.

GenderCop

Friendly neighborhood gender cop
kiwifarms.net
i'm a bit older than most of you here, i think - i root for old farts. lol

if i was the old broad overlooked for the 8th time? i'd be way more pissed than whiny Spike Lee.
Glenn Close should mow that motherfucking place down with an AK-47, screaming YOU FORGOT I AM THE LEGENDARY BUNNY BOILER OF HISTORY BITCHEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dolphin Lundgren

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i'm a bit older than most of you here, i think - i root for old farts. lol

if i was the old broad overlooked for the 8th time? i'd be way more pissed than whiny Spike Lee.
Glenn Close should mow that motherfucking place down with an AK-47, screaming YOU FORGOT I AM THE LEGENDARY BUNNY BOILER OF HISTORY BITCHEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's the Susan Lucci of the Oscars. I do admire Glenn Close's graceful loss reaction compared to Spike Lee who had a childish tantrum and tried to storm out of the fucking building like the sore loser he is. Ungrateful asshole. I admired how nice she was about the whole thing.

Dolphin Lundgren

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The defense I've seen is that Spike Lee was angry because "the wrong film about racism won." Fuck off, that's still no excuse and wasn't a good reason for him to get mad and attempt to storm out and then trash the winning choice after the show.
In the end it makes him look like a difficult person since he made it so public. Spike Lee doesn't choose the winner and he should be glad one of his boring films even got nominated at this point. His career was pretty much over before this.

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
I’ve stopped giving a shit about the Oscars beyond the inevitable salt the show generates, and this year is no different. I don’t think Green Book is an Oscar-worthy film (I did like it though), but I’m glad it won solely for the chimpouts.

And honestly, I don’t get why the woke crowd is so salty to begin with, because all things considered, the winners this year were fairly diverse. You had a Hispanic win Best Director and Cinematography, an Egyptian win Best Actor, Supporting Actor and Actress being both won by black performers, and Into the Spider-Verse winning Best Animated Feature.

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
I am surprised people still care about the Oscars these days. I stopped caring about them the year that Forrest Gump won Best Picture the same year that both Pulp Fiction and The Shawshank Redemption were also nominated in that category.

friedshrimp

028372n38934739473247219074
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, it feels like these people are just really pissy over their favorite films not winning and start crying racism in the hopes that people will take their bitching seriously. Remember when Guillermo del Toro, a Mexican man, won Best Picture for The Shape of Water last year, but they still bitched about it? I swear, they could nominate nothing but black movies for Best Picture and these people would still cry racism over their favorite one not winning.

I really doubt tumblrettes/twitterinas have watched something like Roma. It's in Spanish, and these whores only know how to speak English, besides, based on their tastes, it just doesn't seem like something they'd watch. They only like Disney/Marvel movies and the Obligatory Quirky Hipster Gay Show That Makes Tumblr Wet Itself (She-Ra, Riverdale, Steven Universe).

The Pink Panther

The Nigga Panther
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All of Spike Lee's films have the same premise. Racism and animosity. No positivity or people getting along at all.

Little late and a bit off-topic, but I gotta comment on this, because this is the truth. Spike Lee was a huge fan of Malcolm X. If you see his films, you'll always see a quote from X in there somewhere, and Malcolm X was like the exact opposite of MLK. A radical, religiously indoctrinated stooge for the Nation of Islam who only joined MLK's train in HIS LAST FEW MONTHS, who previously protested for violence and hatred against white people. You see that in all of Spike Lee's films, it's the presentation of problems with no solutions, but only a solution through the answer of nihilism. Spike Lee is a pathetic grump of a man who had 4 good movies and a whole library of shit.

Qi Meng Dealer

kiwifarms.net
I watched Blackkklansman (can’t be assed to capitalize it right) and it’s hardly deserving of Best Picture status. It’s similar Oscar bait as any other period drama, only that instead of a tearjerker hook, it leans hard into wokeness for max points. I’m pretty sure there are other foreign films that are far more worthy than Lee’s preachy dreck.

It’s just sad that Hollywood is a hive mind so Lee gets a pass on his divisive shit and will get funding for his next “blacks must riot” film.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Green Book isn't a bad movie. I'd say it reminds me of one of those dramedies from the 90's, like Scent of a Woman or Regarding Henry, and everything turns out all right in the end. It's a crowd-pleasing movie with an inoffensive amount of schmaltz. For me, there's nothing wrong with wanting to make a movie that will let the audience walk out of the theater with smiles on their faces.

I just find it funny that people are REEEEEEEEing all over the place over this obviously well-intended and inoffensive movie.