The ABL Saga

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog

kiwifarms.net
I'm actually pretty NAIVE on the sagas in general, I know the timeline of Christory in a general sense, but I don't know a lot of specifics. So I'd like to have a summary of the Asperchu saga, I get that Asperchu is a satire of Sonichu, which ABL used to piss off OPL via making OPL believe that Asperchu was stealing Sonichu's fans. How'd that all go down? When did it end? Did ABL end up running the ads on Sonichu.com or something? And as a bonus question(one which is JUST a question) where did the idea of ABL living in Eden Prairie MN come from? I only ask because I live in the city(Minnetonka) adjacent to EP...that last question is just a question, not a poorly attempted dox.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I came up with the idea of Asperchu because I wanted to use a positive comic character to extoll the virtues of aspertism to the world. Turned out there was this CWC guy who thought i was stealing his OC, then all of his ex-fans came and became my fans and introduced me to this community, and here I am.

I tried to be nice to Chris for a few phone calls, but it rapidly became apparent he is a bully and a brute, so I had to get tough to survive his attempted legal assaults. Then I made him kill Simonla and he lost interest in doing Sonichu. And at some point during all that, Jack Thaddeus put a bunch of gay ads on his site.

renomakicwc

kiwifarms.net
Alec Benson Leary said:
I came up with the idea of Asperchu because I wanted to use a positive comic character to extoll the virtues of aspertism to the world. Turned out there was this CWC guy who thought i was stealing his OC, then all of his ex-fans came and became my fans and introduced me to this community, and here I am.

I tried to be nice to Chris for a few phone calls, but it rapidly became apparent he is a bully and a brute, so I had to get tough to survive his attempted legal assaults. Then I made him kill Simonla and he lost interest in doing Sonichu. And at some point during all that, Jack Thaddeus put a bunch of gay ads on his site.

... Ok now, be serious. We know at least around 40% of this is done in a joking manner.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You forgot about the part where CWC got his revenge and doxed your fat ass, Mr. Christopher Paul Whitney of San Antonio, TX.

And is it off topic to ask if an Asperchu archive exists anywhere?

Bob's Fries

kiwifarms.net
Alec Benson Leary said:

Please tell me the Asperchu series isn't over yet...

drmccoy

He's got Autism, Jim.
kiwifarms.net
The ABL calls are the best. Alec comes across as a hard working comic artist who is dedicated to improving himself and his craft. Chris comes across as a whiny bitch who believes that cartoons inhabit their own separate plane of existence. Somebody totally out of touch with reality who is resigned to making excuses as to why his craft does not and will never improve.

Besides, Alec's smooth delivery while Chris gets all prissy is worth the price of admission alone.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
drmccoy said:
Besides, Alec's smooth delivery while Chris gets all prissy is worth the price of admission alone.
I think it was the first or second call where Chris makes a really, really strained stress sigh because he can't figure out how to beat me with his words. I turned it into a ringtone for my phone.

bradsternum

Won't Call Anyone
kiwifarms.net
Alec Benson Leary said:
drmccoy said:
I think it was the first or second call where Chris makes a really, really strained stress sigh because he can't figure out how to beat me with his words. I turned it into a ringtone for my phone.

I would destroy my phone if it stress sighed at me every time I got a call.

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alec Benson Leary said:
drmccoy said:

it's like capturing his sorrow. almost like catching his tears in a bottle

DrChristianTroy

kiwifarms.net
Alec Benson Leary said:
drmccoy said:
How awesome you are isn't said enough.

spaps

I'LL FUCK YOU OFF AT NO COST
kiwifarms.net
Wait, so Chris thinks that all cartoons exist in an alternate reality. If so, then how come Sonichu happened, but Asperchu was apparently just a bunch of people being forced to act like the main cast of Sonichu (not to mention the problems it creates with issue 6's whole thing about Chris traveling through the two worlds)? Maybe Chris doesn't believe that, and only said it to try to get Evan and Alec off his back about offing Simonla.

DrChristianTroy

kiwifarms.net
spaps said:
Wait, so Chris thinks that all cartoons exist in an alternate reality. If so, then how come Sonichu happened, but Asperchu was apparently just a bunch of people being forced to act like the main cast of Sonichu (not to mention the problems it creates with issue 6's whole thing about Chris traveling through the two worlds)? Maybe Chris doesn't believe that, and only said it to try to get Evan and Alec off his back about offing Simonla.
I assume that despite being it's own universe our universe can influence and control it. Like an ant farm they are working and doing whatever but we can control them.

Slightly off topic but with Chris's theory of an alternate cartoon universe I can't help but wonder what happens to long forgotten characters. I can't help but imagine that they have been shunned by the rest of their society. Or sent into a desert to die like in Judge Dredd. I refuse to believe that they just all live together especially with the risk of overpopulation being a factor (since it seems to be Earth).

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
spaps said:
Under thr assumption that Alec would believe that and feel guilty?

InaudibleSlink

kiwifarms.net
spaps said:

Im pretty sure Chris doesn't fully believe that.At the time of the Alec call when he states this hes DESPERATELY looking for someway of arguing with Alec and throwing the word 'naive' at him.His mentally would lead people to believe that he thinks that world exists.In that world hes the righteous mayor of a bustling city and can get revenge on da trolls,a better picture than what he is now.Really with Chris its one of the few things I cant put my finger on.Maybe Alec or Marvin can shed some light.

spaps

kiwifarms.net
Saney said:
spaps said:
I would think so.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
spaps said:
Saney said:
spaps said:
I would think so.
Well....uh, I guess that's marginally better than believing in some kind of toon world? Maybe?

spaps

kiwifarms.net
Saney said:
Well....uh, I guess that's marginally better than believing in some kind of toon world? Maybe?
Well, he needed some way to not get Simonla killed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.