The Albanians - A pure indigenous people, or a people containing a superstrate from Scythian foreigners (Kutrigers, Avars)? - A study by Ivan Tanev Ivanov, providing evidence that Albanians are not descended from Illyrians (as they so often claim), but from Eastern Iranian Scytho-Sarmatian peoples

Aum

I googled it
kiwifarms.net
Studying it evaluates your understanding of the world, allows you to cross-compare the history of your own people and that of others. And Englishman could benefit from understanding why Albanians are less prestigious a people than Englishmen.
Should I evaluate my understanding of naked mole rats too?
All knowledge is not valuable.

biozeminadae1

kiwifarms.net
Should I evaluate my understanding of naked mole rats too?
All knowledge is not valuable.
Human societies are a different world from nature, there are unique experiences, which determine the historical destiny of a people. Knowing a people opens you up to understanding the context of their situation and find parallels among similar peoples and events in History.

Sped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
Nothing to say already, eh?
Found OP's dox

photo4.jpg

biozeminadae1

kiwifarms.net
I don't understand the ANISHAR argument. By the time the Bulgars(does Proto-Bulgarian mean that?) arrived and formed, Assyria was part of Rome and Sassanid Iran. To speak of cognates is impossible. Turkic or Turko-Iranic words don't have anything in common with Semitic ones.

Sped Xing

kiwifarms.net
The Assyrians were Semites - the Sumerians were not.
Just because they spoke a different language doesn't mean they weren't related. Do you speak the same language as all your ancestors from a thousand years ago?

I'm glad we can agree Turks have six legs and an exoskeleton

biozeminadae1

kiwifarms.net
Just because they spoke a different language doesn't mean they weren't related. Do you speak the same language as all your ancestors from a thousand years ago?

I'm glad we can agree Turks have six legs and an exoskeleton
They spoke in an entirely different language family. The Babylonians themselves descend from Akkadians who were also Semites.

Sped Xing

kiwifarms.net
Turkic is an entirely different language family from Greek. Am I to believe that nobody who speaks Turkish has Greek ancestors?

biozeminadae1

kiwifarms.net
Turkic is an entirely different language family from Greek. Am I to believe that nobody who speaks Turkish has Greek ancestors?
Comparison is incorrect. The Ottoman Turks conquered an established (but torn apart) civilisation and managed to impose their culture and language on the subdued peoples. On the other hand, Babylon was literally created by Semites. Besides, there aren't many traceable toponyms or hydronyms in that area that etymologically predate the Semites.

Sped Xing

kiwifarms.net
I have to ask, are you under the impression that people with different mother tongues don't fuck? The Assyrians were descended from all the people in their general area; that's how population pools work. You'll notice I never said they didn't have other ancestors who weren't Sumerian. Indeed, the whole thing was obviously a shitpost, but in truth, the group of people who called themselves Assyrians certainly did have ancestry from thr Sumerians.

Languages. Aren't. Living. Beings.