Infected The Asexual Visibility and Education Network -

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
anemoneprojectors.jpg

The Asexual Visibility and Education Network (AVEN) is a forum where "asexuals" congregate. AVEN also has the distinction of making up the fucking stupid 'cake is better than sex' meme that teenies love to share with each other while sweating behind their computer screens.

As a bastion of tolerance for people who don't want to have any sex whatsoever, AVEN of course talks often about how it's all right for asexuals to have sex and even enjoy it (and how sex is expected by both asexual and non asexual partners?).

tumblr_inline_mm04dmt2mU1qz4rgp.png

tumblr_inline_mlxnubMF851qz4rgp.png

4yK7J.png

Most of the posts come across as very love-shy esque. The founder of AVEN, David Jay, is also well known from his interviews in the Asexual documentary which... talked about how mean gays are to asexuals by being privileged gays. ):

Anyways, OP is short but AVEN is huge and bleeds into tumblr, forming a gigantic asexual community rife with autism.

KingQueen

President of the Eddie Dzial Fanclub #teameddie
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This post is stupid. You're just posting this because you disagree politically, not because there's any drama to be had. While "asexual" people have been a part of Pride for years, just for recognition and support, it's just the usual modern oppression olympics that encourages being a whiney baby on a forum. Eccentric isn't the same as lulzy.

Is there a post rating for "boring"?

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck does this even exist? There isn't even a slur for asexuals. Why a pride movement?

A lot of asexuals claim that 'corrective rape', a giant problem that has historically faced lesbians, is something that happens to them every single day. They think that telling people they don't want to have sex (because I guess that comes up in every day conversation normally) automatically will get them raped (instead of a wedgie)

I guess asexuals also face getting fat from eating too much food to fill their lives

Night Terror

submerge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The worst thing most asexuals will have to face is teasing. Workplace bullying at the very most. You're not going to be murdered for not wanting to have sex with anyone. You won't be informed that you're hellbound for it. There aren't anti-asexual rallies.
I think asexuality is real, but it's seriously hyped up for something that's rather inconsequential compared to, say, the LGBT spectrum.
I've read horror stories about corrective rapes while hawking Tumblr blogs, but you have to take Tumblr stories with a pinch of salt. If this is true, then that's obviously horrific and should be stamped out, but it must happen to a tiny, tiny percentage of the asexual population. I don't think a pride parade is needed...

Smutley

Kill Count: 2
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck does this even exist? There isn't even a slur for asexuals. Why a pride movement?

If you're asexual, why would you ever bring it up?

No, seriously, what is to be gained? You're not oppressed for not being sexually attracted to others. You're not judged. If someone wants to fuck you, you say "Sorry I'm not interested but thank you for the compliment". You're not being denied rights, or jobs, or anything. It also doesn't help that it's not real.

I think it's just a way to dress up in flamboyant costumes and march around in public and make a spectacle without any of the hassle that comes with being actually oppressed.

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This post is stupid. You're just posting this because you disagree politically, not because there's any drama to be had. While "asexual" people have been a part of Pride for years, just for recognition and support, it's just the usual modern oppression olympics that encourages being a whiney baby on a forum. Eccentric isn't the same as lulzy.

Is there a post rating for "boring"?

oh hello there, what is that word you used... eccentric? from the lolcow definition:

From The Subforum Description said:
Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs.

:story:

HickoryDickory

Spoopy Ghoul. ♥
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The worst thing most asexuals will have to face is teasing. Workplace bullying at the very most. You're not going to be murdered for not wanting to have sex with anyone. You won't be informed that you're hellbound for it. There aren't anti-asexual rallies.
I think asexuality is real, but it's seriously hyped up for something that's rather inconsequential compared to, say, the LGBT spectrum.
I've read horror stories about corrective rapes while hawking Tumblr blogs, but you have to take Tumblr stories with a pinch of salt. If this is true, then that's obviously horrific and should be stamped out, but it must happen to a tiny, tiny percentage of the asexual population. I don't think a pride parade is needed...
Yip. Some of them talk about "coming out" to their families, and to me that is extremely silly. The worse that happens (usually) are being told that they just haven't found the right partner, or what about kids. I can see some parents saying they would go to hell for not procreating, but it's definitely not on the same level as other orientations.

Asexuals can live a "normal" life without having to hide, and can be passed off as bachelors/bachelorettes.

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some lulsy excerpts:

Wonderment said:
Cuddles and snuggling and falling asleep with, all that stuff... For me, I've always associated wanting to do those sorts of things with people I have crushes on, and nothing less. I'm not talking about hugs, because anyone can hug anyone, to me they're part of a normal friendship, and they're great. But I don't want to cuddle etc my friends, I just find that weird. If I have a crush on someone, though... That's when I want to be able to do those things. I feel like I have to, and I get sad if I don't. I'm pretty sure it's a crush... right?

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123075-confused-about-cuddles-i/

snakes_n_eggs said:
I spend too much time on the internet and get caught up in way to many fandoms and I love talking about headcannons, they it's like writing a book without the writing and being able to use a beautiful mixture of words and internal imagery to develop a theory about something you love *cough* anyway whenever I talk about headcannons everyone makes the damn connection to shipping and the only thing that people hate more than ships they don't like, is someone that doesn't ship and doesn't accept their ship.

I always get caught up in these stupid arguments online even when I try to back out of them, and if i think a character is ace and/or aro then people attack me for defending someone who "is afraid of love"

All this crap has been getting really bad lately especially now that I identify as aro and some of my major fandoms are revving up again (homestuck, SU, mlp, Gravity falls) The problem is I love being a part of a group of people who love a show or comic and being able to talk about it with people but with how much I get attacked about it it makes it really hard to come out to people. I've already told a few of my close friends a while ago when I was finally coming to terms with being aro, but since I've told them all this fandom crap has made me go back into my shell about it and now I'm terrified to tell anyone else.

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/122332-fandoms-are-run-by-jerks/

Losange said:
Until recently, I thought I had experienced aesthetic attraction as I've found some people pretty/beautiful. However I've just read aesthetic attraction was something like "I want to look at this person" and like you were drawn to them based on their look. I've rarely felt like it, most of the time I don't like looking at people at all, even at those I find attractive. Am I the only one who feel this way? Is this some kind of aesthetism-adverse?

I don't know if it's related but I hate looking at people's face (except at the ones of the quite rare people I did feel aesthically attracted to). It's not just that it feels too personal (though it does) but it's also that I'm a bit disgusted by it, I don't know why... Am I the only one? Do you have any idea what it means?

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/122592-aesthetic-attraction/

:story:
Most "asexuals" seem to think that if they split their sexuality into enough sub-categories, they may one day be considered cool too *sigh*

HickoryDickory

Spoopy Ghoul. ♥
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only fun I believe anyone is going to have in this thread is if people dig up the militant sex-repulsed aces. -- And those threads are pretty much nuked on AVEN.

David Jay isn't very good at explaining the topic either as there's a huge gap between who does and who does not identify as asexual, but it was funny watching him get ragged on in The View "interview" he did. (2006, most of the interviews on YT are old. :()

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only fun I believe anyone is going to have in this thread is if people dig up the militant sex-repulsed aces. -- And those threads are pretty much nuked on AVEN.

David Jay isn't very good at explaining the topic either as there's a huge gap between who does and who does not identify as asexual, but it was funny watching him get ragged on in The View "interview" he did. (2006, most of the interviews on YT are old. :()

nah, it's not only the militant sex-repulsed aces. those aren't really that interesting to me.
what IS hilarious/interesting to me is the 'advice' threads, where asexual people talk about how hard being asexual is with other people. what's actually happening, of course, is:

1) asexuals name a problem with getting sex/not having people get attracted to them
2) other asexuals come in and say the same things
3) someone reminds people asexuals can have sex and it's totally cool
4) everyone agrees
5) more autism

Mega Mitosis said:
Sometimes I wonder if anyone will ever take me if I'm so skittish and shy about sex and that I take it so seriously.
I have certifiably rude thoughts or else very loving ones when I self-stimulate, I'm just now really learning to take care of myself, and do the therapeutic things for my mind, body and soul (like eating full meals) and still feel guilty about it, and am in a fair amount of therapy. I have a temper and can be bitchy when I'm angry, and I'm still working on cultural identity issues and getting professionally where I want to go.

In as much as I'm a feminist to my core, I still....maybe want a man and family I can snuggle up with at day's end. I don't even like admitting that.

Yet I've already been turned away once.

I think I need a hug.

>i've been turned away once
>i wonder if anyone will EVER HAVE ME ):

sockrates said:
Demisexuals:

How much does the knowledge of your crush/potential SO's past sexual history affect the decision of pursuing a relationship with them?

I don't see myself falling for someone with an extensive sexual history because it indicates, to me, moral/emotional incompatibility. Especially when they describe their relationships as some sort of scoreboard achievement. It makes me wonder if I'm just another tally mark on the wall.

Hidden Greg said:
I can second the feeling of emotional incompatibility, although I'm not sure in my case it really pertains to being demi.
As if societal pressure to pursue casual sex weren't enough, I now feel as though I can't afford to wait for a stable relationship to engage simply because... the one person I have been in a relationship with, us initiating that relationship was on the basis of our shared desire for long term commitment. Which she had wanted in her previous relationships yet despite sexual activity, didn't work out.

It made my confidence in someone's stated desire alone a bit more shaky. Perhaps I'd rather date people whose sexual history, if they have any, encompasses only that which they only ever saw as casual. I don't think I can cope with the idea that when a potential date had sex with one of their previous partners, in that moment, they had it fully in mind they would stay together, and they didn't. What does that indicate for their relationships going forward, you know? Am I making any sense? And... I don't want to end up doing that either, because if I did, I feel I'd be asking of potential partners something which I couldn't offer them in kind.

>if my partner has had sex before me then they have no morals

Last edited: