3. Leffe Blonde
4. 3-Floyds Gumballhead
5. Anti-Hero
6. 312 Urban Ale
7. Heineken Dark
8. Tsingtao
9. Jupiler
10. Heineken

I tried drinking Guinness for the first time tonight not being with a meal...never again. I can't even eat or drink anything else after two bottles. And I feel like it burnt my tastebuds off with tobacco ashes.
For sure a pilsner/lager guy.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a big fan of the real ales, me.

Some of my favourites include: Hobgoblin, King Goblin, Old Speckled Hen, Theakston's Old Peculiar, Adnam's Broadside, Guinness, Guinness' West Indies Porter (The Dublin is alright, but not great), Thwaite's Wainwright Ale, Blackout Beer, Holt's Humdinger, Holt's Bitter, Holt's Maple Moon, Holt's SixEx, Holt's Two Hoots, Holt's Manchester Brown, Holt's Thunder Holt, McEwan's Champion Ale, Marston's Oyster Stout, Spitfire, Lancaster Bomber, Bombardier and Bombardier Colonel's Choice

champthom

"Champthom doesn't bullshit."
Founder
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I like Guinness, my only complaint is I found out they use some extract from fish bladder in it. If you hate the taste of Guinness itself, you can add some blackcurrant extract (like Ribena) or some blackcurrant liqueur if you want to get fancy.

I mostly like German beers, I'm into the whole Bavarian Purity Standards that say beer can only have hops, barley, and water (also yeast, but they didn't know that was a thing in the 1500s when the laws were first made). Sometimes I visit NYC and I like visiting the Bierhaus - it's run in cooperation with Hofbrau beer and they serve exclusively Hofbrau beer and you can buy them in huge 1 liter steins. They also have really good German food too.

Most of the beers I like are local beers, there's a decent sized brewery near me that churns out a pretty popular local brew. I also like trying very local beers, usually the cheapo ones - Natty Boh, Narragansett, that sort of stuff. Someday I need to ask Marvin to hook me up with some Natty Boh as that's his beer of choice. When I was on my way to Gen Con, I had a layover in Cincinnati and tried a local beer called Hudepohl that was really good. Also tried one called Burger Classic - it didn't have a lot of flavor but it was extremely smooth.

We need to get @Alec Benson Leary in here, he's a big beer connoisseur. Not saying he's a drunkard or anything, he just knows his beers and we've had conversations about beers.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is that a Franziskaner you have there?

Really good choice Satan! Probably my favourite of the wheat beers.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm more of a dark beer person myself, although wheat beers are always AMAZING with really spicy curries.

Flowers For Sonichu

2nd Team all-confefence in Kick the Autistic
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
10. Heineken

No, seriously. All due respect Glaive, Heinie is fucking awful as is any beer in a green bottle (like Stella Artois). It's better to save a couple bucks and get Budweiser instead. It needs to be in a dark bottle or else it gets skunked... and yet it still tastes like Budweiser from the tap. Nothing wrong with Budweiser, but I'm not going to pay $5 a pint for it. Same with Rolling Rock, but at least Rolling Rock is cheap. Fuck Corona too for the same reason.

Favorite cheap beers: Strohs/Old Style/National Bohemian in the regions they're available. Otherwise I drink Busch. Here in China, I'm partial to Tsingtao and Harbin wheat. Snow beer is surprisingly decent considering it's the go-to beer when I laugh in the face of food poisoning and go to all-you-can eat/drink places.

My top 10 in no particular order:
Bell's Two Hearted Ale
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Hoegaarden
Hitachino Nest Beer
Founders Breakfast Stout
Brooklyn Lager
Evolution Lot No. 6 Double IPA (GETS YOU WASTED)
Magic Hat No. 9
Duvel
Shanghai Hongmei Amber Hefeweisen

Favorite style of beers are Hefeweizens and Belgian Whites. I'm also partial to stouts and love me some Guinness.

Last edited:

Da Pickle Monsta

Should Have Been Bullied
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This right here is my favorite beer.

It's brewed and bottle in Fairbanks and it's absolutely the best dark lager I've ever had. I can't seem to get enough of the stuff, especially on tap.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Did someone say my name? I do like beer.

I've been drinking a ton of local Minnesota beer lately. In particular, there's a brewery called Enki that has a double IPA named "tail feather" that I really like. It's fairly smooth and not too hoppy, but you can definitely feel how heavy it is, and I like that now that it's getting colder.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CWCissey

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
How the fuck do hipsters drink that shit?
Because it's always cheap.

I have a question: a lot of people ask me what my favorite style is, but I can't really answer because there isn't one. Instead, I try to answer what styles I don't really care for, because that list is a lot smaller. Personally, I'm not a fan of golden ales or white ales. You guys?

Reactions: Dalish

Dalish

jewess bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because it's always cheap.

I have a question: a lot of people ask me what my favorite style is, but I can't really answer because there isn't one. Instead, I try to answer what styles I don't really care for, because that list is a lot smaller. Personally, I'm not a fan of golden ales or white ales. You guys?
I'm not a fan of white ales, it doesn't have a strong flavor.

Gonzo Imperial Porter, Three Floyds Topless Wytch, and Thirsty Dog's Leghumper. My faves ever.

If you ever get the chance, make an Irish carbomb with a Breckinridge Vanilla Porter. DA bomb.

Tags
None