The Beer Thread -

thismanlies

Butcher Sacred Cows for they are Sacred.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Decided to make my own and failed. Still drank it anyway.

>Muntons Irish stout kit
>Dark malt
>Four pounds of cane sugar
>Two pounds of brown sugar
>White Labs San Diego Super Yeast

>Mix everything
>See bubbles in my air brake
>Go to bed
>Wake up and find foam pouring through air brake
>Fuck fuck fuck
>Assured this happens sometimes
>Week passes and foam no longer pouring through air brake
>Rack it
>Shit starts bubbling again
>Bubbling stops
>Add activation sugar
>Bottle beer
>Beer is sweet as fuck
>Call it the Port of Beers
>Shit's strong yo

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
I don't really clearly remember. Maybe something about labelling it as "from Japan" but not clarifying "the recipe is from Japan but it's brewed in the USA'" or something similarly stupid and nitpicky.
Did they call it beer while using corn and rice?

Salad_Dodger

Was molested by Repzion's dead gramps.
kiwifarms.net
Firstly, if it's not on tap my preference is bottled to cans. My go to is Stella, though I will have a Guiness on occasion. I'll drink whatever Sam Adams is on offer and I'm quite partial to a Shock Top with the optional orange wedge.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
If you can suggest a cheaper alternative that's the same type (I know fuck all about the categories of beer), I will try it.
The same typ isnt so easy. its at the crossroad between northern and southern pils. try Becks or Grolsch for the more northern route or Krombacher for the more southern route

Salad_Dodger

Was molested by Repzion's dead gramps.
kiwifarms.net
The same typ isnt so easy. its at the crossroad between northern and southern pils. try Becks or Grolsch for the more northern route or Krombacher for the more southern route
Thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to try those out and see how I go.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After a long weekend nothing beats six bottles of miller genuine draft and another six of high life
Any time I've been in the mood for High Life there's been a decent beer on sale and cheaper per bottle, so I never end up getting it.

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
Any time I've been in the mood for High Life there's been a decent beer on sale and cheaper per bottle, so I never end up getting it.
Eh I've never been a picky drinker hell I've bout colt 45 and country club just because I'm tanked by the time I'm at bottom of a bottle.

Reactions: XYZpdq

Rei is shit

kiwifarms.net
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a home brewing kit. The Mr. Beer one seems to have good reviews and is a pretty basic starter. Is there any reason I'm making a mistake?

Watermelanin

Proud self-hating degenerate
kiwifarms.net
My favorite is Sierra Nevada torpedo: Tastes great and it can actually get you drunk.
sierra-nevada-torpedo-extra-ipa.jpg
That shit's expensive, though. So my goto is Hurricane which isn't technically beer. It's nigger beer (malt liquor) but damn does a few of those do the job.
hurricane high gravity.jpg

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

BOO.
kiwifarms.net
Two new beers for me.
Oliphant Super Squishy
supersquishy.jpg

Pretty damned good. Not too in-your-face with the sour, really pleasant.

Oliphant Smoked Wheat Erryday
d043f176c358695cee0cf34df2c7f298_640x640.jpeg

Was surprised at just how much I liked this. It's actually a tiny bit spicy.

Maskull

fugpostin
kiwifarms.net
Over this past year my favorite go-to summer brew has become Founder's Centennial. It's a simple beer perfect for cooling off with on a hot day.

Tags
None