The Beer Thread -

TheRedChair

Ultimate Chaos, Ultimate Confort.
kiwifarms.net
Even though I don’t drink anymore (ex alcoholic) my two favorite beers used to be RCH Pitchfork and Admam’s Broadside. Both excellent beers.
Understand situation. Use to be a ball's to the walls drinker. I mean hey worked as a part time bouncer at a titty bar... so what I did drink over there was maddog 20/20, Night train, and Colt 45. Then I got hooked on honey ale and honey mead. And jagermeister. Can't forget that.

Then my body said FUCK YOU plus a death of a friend who crashed his Harley while drunk (17 years ago), well stopped drinking all together.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

BOO.
kiwifarms.net
New beer.
download.jpeg

This might be the first time I've ever had a dessert beer that really, truly felt like a dessert all on its own. Sweet mother of fuck it is disgustingly good.

Deadwaste

insert witty comment here
kiwifarms.net
i tried a tiny amount of beer. it's a local brand so i wont list for fear of dox plus the brand name is apparently changing too. tasted like shit. not interested in beer.

cuÞbert

kiwifarms.net
I mentioned this brand of beer in another thread, but I recently tried Berry Vision by Big Ditch and its the most refreshing sour beer I've ever had. Highly recomend if you like raspberries.
sour.jpg

Quoookie

kiwifarms.net
almost 30 years of whisky/rum i had my first beer today in like 20 years IPA Amsterdam Boneshaker 6 of em in all plus my whisky shit tastes like weak ass piss like all those years ago. Whisky and Rum enuff said.

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
Brewdog are libtard cunts who shame the country but my dad bought the family some cases of their "Barnard Castle Eye Test" because all the profits from this brew goes towards making hand sanitizer.
EZBLP3NWsAEZ_rO-1.jpeg

It's fucking weird. When you smell it you get a massive hit of mango but the taste is very subtle. It's not like kopparberg or something.
Actually OK but you need to pair it with something equally wierd. The best part about it is it reminded me of the mango "summer fruit frescato" slushies I used to get at Costa when I was a kid R.I.P.

...and J20 which still exists so fuck yeah

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: CWCissey

Aberforth

kiwifarms.net
Brewdog's punk IPA is pretty good. Prefer Columbus Brewing Company's IPA due to the stronger citrus flavor in it.

Soy beers aside, my defaults are Alaskan Amber and Guinness Extra Stout. Sometimes get Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale as a treat. Shame that one isn't sold in six packs.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Having a Lancaster Blonde at the mo.

Not a bad beer. Got a Black Sheep Choc & Orange Stout for later

DrunkNDoziNDragN

Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst! Blue! Ribbon!
kiwifarms.net
Holy fuck I am drinking a lavender kettle sour right now and it is an experience. It's like I'm drinking a beer with a whole spice chest infused into it. Its INCREDIBLE. One of my new favorites for sure. Who would have thought actual lavender sprigs would be good in beer?

Reactions: AnOminous

StevieLasVegas

kiwifarms.net
For domestic, Steam Whistle pilsner is probably my favourite beer, but Big Rock Brewery is easily the best craft brewery I have tried. Their Heavy Scotch Ale is a great heavy ale if I can find the bloody thing. Their seasonal Winter Ale is grand for cold winter nights. Their Midnight Rhaspody is the fruity, summer sibling to the Winter Ale to relax to. Their recent Mindbender white stout caught off guard with how good it is (all the flavour, but no lingering bitterness). The AGD is a good lager to have with the boys, and their peel off tops mean its easier to down these.

For imports, Innis & Gunn is my go to, though I do miss their rum cask ale. Another import I like if I want to hate my liver is Faxe 10%. Fruli is a great dessert beer. I fell in love with La Chouffe's dark ale, but cannot find it anywhere.

Hermann the German

Niemand lügt soviel als der Entrüstete.
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone have decent suggestions for someone who hates that beer tastes like a spoiled asshole and doesn't get you drunk quickly?
I'll drink straight liquor before any beer, aside from a malt "wine cooler" or something like that.

SojuDrnkr

Stays after last call.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone have decent suggestions for someone who hates that beer tastes like a spoiled asshole and doesn't get you drunk quickly?
I'll drink straight liquor before any beer, aside from a malt "wine cooler" or something like that.
Go with a Gose (sour beer) or a Shandy-style beer. They're perfect during the summer IMO

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Just don't expect beer to do something it doesn't. If you must get drunk quickly, drink straight liquor. And in this case, you can treat beer as the chaser it is and drink things like raspberry lambic. It's delicious and chases well.

Tags
None