The Beer Thread -

John_Smith

Miles Standish is Pilgrim trash.
kiwifarms.net
'Tis the season. Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale. A slice of pumpkin pie in beer form.

For Octoberfest, there is Paulaners Marzenbier. Sadly, there are no decent Marzenbiers brewed in the USA ( that I know of). It is, or was, all about IPAs, and now the whole sour beer fad is emerging.

Otherwise, Troegenator and Dreamweaver from Troegs Brewery. And Mad Elf Ale for Christmas. Or just Genesee Cream Ale for the perfect summer beer. Inexpensive and available in 30 packs.

• Agree
Reactions: christie

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

BOO.
kiwifarms.net

For Octoberfest, there is Paulaners Marzenbier. Sadly, there are no decent Marzenbiers brewed in the USA ( that I know of). It is, or was, all about IPAs, and now the whole sour beer fad is emerging.

Otherwise, Troegenator and Dreamweaver from Troegs Brewery. And Mad Elf Ale for Christmas. Or just Genesee Cream Ale for the perfect summer beer. Inexpensive and available in 30 packs.
There are some fairly tasty goses and sours, and some incredible dessert sours. Beats the hell out of yet another "hop-forward" IPA that just scours your palate.

As for things suitable for Oktoberfest, there are a bunch of decent Marzen offerings from American brewers, though I find that Paulaner's Marzen is notably less expensive while still being quite good and very much available from any decent liquor store.

christie

kiwifarms.net
ugh, i love that beer. they don't sell it where i live; my best friend used to pick some up for me before he moved.

luckily, i find that whole hog pumpkin ale is very similar (actually i prefer it!) and i can buy it locally. i haven't had a pumpkin beer in a couple years now, but i think i'll pick one up this time around!

Tags
None