The Best and Worst Covers in Music. -

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
Worst cover? I challenge any of you to get to the end of this:

I don't know what's more obnoxious, the interview before the song that makes you want to punch everyone in the face, forever, or the actual butchering and dismemberment of Cypress Hill's best work by four infuriating, talentless hipsters whose only knowledge of black people comes from watching Lenny Henry re-runs.

This may well be the end of music.

• Agree
Reactions: ShittyRecolor

Shick

Body by Nabisco
kiwifarms.net
System Of A Down's guitarist Daron Malakian did a couple covers on his solo album that came out in July, one of a Greek song (Gie Mou by Stamatis Kokotas if you want to look it up), and one of Assimilate by Skinny Puppy which I think came out pretty well.

Cover:

Original:

• Winner
Reactions: ShittyRecolor

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Pretty awesome and bizarre dark acapella-swing cover of Who Will Know, a piece of music from Shin Godzilla:

CynicalGardevoir

somehow a libtard and boomer at the same time
kiwifarms.net

This is a cover of a song by The Sugarcubes, the band Bjork was in before her solo career. The original is actually one of my favorite songs, but this cover frankly... sucks.

Now I'm sure many will disagree, but...

It had the potential of sounding really nice, but it comes off as very crowded and obnoxious. The vocals are actually pretty good, but they're drowned out by the instrumentation and effects. (usually I don't mind that sort of thing, since I like shoegaze... but this ain't Cocteau Twins or My Bloody Valentine)

Also, yeah, the "chorus" (if you can call Bjork's "AaaaaAAAaaaaas" in the original a chorus) sounds really weak.

It's not the worst cover out there, but the execution could have been so much better.

Winnie the Poohnani

Man has entered the forest.
kiwifarms.net
Some of my favorite covers:

Lambchop doing Sisters of Mercy's This Corrosion.

His Name Is Alive does Rainbow's Man on the Silver Mountain.

Luna's take on Guns 'n' Roses Sweet Child o' Mine.

Reactions: Gordon Cole
Tags
None