The Best Burger you've had -

Matthew216

kiwifarms.net
Exactly what the title says. This thread is for talking about your favorite Burger, Burger place, or recipe. Is it someplace that you need to drive an hour to get to? Is it just around the block? Is it one you make? Let's hear it.

My own?
This one, definitely.
Gaslight burger.jpg

It's the Gaslight Burger from the Gaslight Café in Cincinnati.
https://www.gaslightcincy.com/
A simple Hole in the wall place over on Montgomery Rd. Usually ranked either second or third on Cincinnati Magazine's Best Burger in town list. It tastes like the best grilled burger you could have. I usually have it with just a good amount of Bacon and cheese, but it's the burger that really sells it.

What about yours?

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
There's a local fancy restaurant that does tons of up market stuff but their burger is awesome with relish and their fries are fucking amazingly cooked in beer batter.

Five Guys.

View attachment 1093847

Best burger chain imo.
I got ADDICTED to that shit back in college. Five guys is good.

Bit dry and overpriced.
Mine are always dripping with sauce and a fellow UK poster complained about that so maybe it's the opposite over the pond?
Either way overpriced is fucking right but at least you get to see them cook it in front of you.

SugarSnot

You will not want it after reading the tags.
kiwifarms.net
There was this one burger at this tapas place that was part beef, part lamb meat and the way the flavors of the meats blended together and melted in my mouth was something out of this world. I don't even remember what else was on the burger, some dressing and some bacon and lettuce stuff, but the meat is what sticks with me to this day. It was just the perfect texture patty and the surrounding ingredients were not there to hide the flavor of the meat, but instead enhanced it, making it the true star of the platter. I was initially skeptical about ordering a burger at a place that was not known for burgers, but I'm so happy I did. Best burger I've ever had.

RinguPingu745

kiwifarms.net
The El Diablo from Hardee's was one of my favorites. Thing had sliced jalapenos, jalapeno poppers, pepperjack cheese and a habanero pepper sauce. It hurt going down, but man did it taste good. Otherwise we make some pretty awesome burgers at home.

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's a place down on the waterfront that has hella good burgers, they stuff the patty with cheese and make all their own sauces. I love their BBQ burger, that's the go-too burger anywhere I go. Bacon and onion rings, baby! Fuck my arteries. There's another local place that comes close to being as tasty, but I prefer their hot dogs (the other place you have to dredge through like, a pound of toppings to find your weiner) and they've got shakes.

Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

WarJams

kiwifarms.net
I got off of a boat in fucking Anchorage, fucking Alaska after having been mostly at sea, and I asked where the fuck a man can get a B U R G E R. I got directed to this janky place called Tommy's. I don't know if it was the best burger ever, or if fucking around in the stupid ocean in between islands for three weeks just makes everything taste much better.

But goddamn, that was a tasty burger.

Agarathium1066

My sense of balance is busted.
kiwifarms.net
Seconding that Five Guys can be dry but I think that's because they want to avoid anyone getting ill from undercooked beef (Or they just blast fry them), that or they just don't give a hoot. Put grilled onions, some mushrooms, and condiments and it will wash out. Their fries taste really off to me every time I've been which is a damn shame because they give you way too many. I feel guilty not eating all that food.

One of my personal favorites was what you could get from S&B's Burgers. It's a smallish chain within the state that makes pretty good burgers, fries, and various pub food. They'll make it properly to order and have pretty good fries too. Though the ones that stick with me are home made ones, I think it's just the feeling of knowing you helped put the meal together.

• Agree
Reactions: Marco Fucko

Dick Pooman

Muchacho Sauce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I was younger my dad made a char grilled burger with bleu cheese on top using fresh ground beef from a cow one of his friends from work had on his farm. I still haven't found anything like it at a restaurant.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
Homemade (Mix Montreal steak seasoning Lowery’s with fresh ground beef form into patties grill on charcoal when they’re about to be done brush them with Countryside barbecue sauce)

Lurkio

kiwifarms.net
I always liked Mozzarella Burgers with Jalapenos, the trick is to mix the peppers and mozz into the ground beef, then cook the burger patty.

Delicious.

Reactions: Syikeblade

Amaranth

Basic Plant
kiwifarms.net
was a Smokehouse Brisket from Arbys best sandwich I had which was weird since its Arbys

for Restaurants it was a chicken parm but instead of cheese it used mozzarella sticks

• Optimistic
Reactions: Mein Garten

Nanook Rubs It

The Naughty Eskimo
kiwifarms.net
Backyard Burger is the best chain burger hands down.

Five guys sucks dick. Overpriced garbage. It's just a fat greasy, flavorless lump. And the fries. Good fucking lord. First off, they always just throw them in the bag like this is some low rent carny shack. Then, you finally start eating them, and they are mushy potatoes with nothing but cayenne seasoning. Just flavorless hot mushy potatoes.

Tags
None