The Best Burger you've had -

Sundae

Weird-Ass Puppet Dog
kiwifarms.net
Best burger I ever had was a bacon and blue cheese burger. It was my first time trying blue cheese, and since then its been a personal favorite.

Next to that are the burgers from a local place called Tony's Grill. They have some of the best food in the area.

ShortBusDriver

kiwifarms.net
If i'm being really honest, I like Applebees burger, it's hands down my favorite. It's always consistent, with the right amount of smokeyness. I know this is going to get a lot of thumbs down.

But non-chain, it's this local place called Montes Penguin, it's a legit 1950s dinner that does nothing to market that fact. It's primary clientel are elderly people taking their grandkids.

Anyway, they serve Murry burgers, like the cheap frozen pattys you'd buy for the church picknick. But for whatever reason when cooked on that griddle they taste amazing. It's like five guys for half the price.

montyspenguin2[1].jpg

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
There's a place called Ford's Garage in Noblesville, Indiana. Best burger I've had is an Estate Burger from there, with a bison patty substituted for the regular Angus beef.

"Smoked Gouda Cheese, Sweet Red Onion Marmalade, Arugula, Tomato, Fried Onion Straws, and White Truffle Bacon Aioli"

One of the few burger places that still lets you choose how you want your burger and get it right. Mine was a perfect medium.

WarJams

kiwifarms.net
-a bison patty substituted for the regular Angus beef.
Man, I wish I had a do-over on the first time I had a bison hamburger. I was in Dallas somewhere, and on the menu it was listed as a 'buffalo' burger with blue cheese; sounded tasty because my brain just snapped to assuming it was just a hamburger with buffalo sauce. Like a buffalo chicken sammich, but with burger. I wanted one.

When I finally got it I went "huh? Surely there must be some mistake." But there was not; the only mistake was in my presumptions. They offered to take it back, but I refused, I wasn't going to let a perfectly good burger go to waste. It was still quite fine, but since it wasn't what my brain was already excited for I was disappointed regardless.

• Feels
Reactions: Harvey Danger

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
My own burgers, probably. I'm a devotee of The Burger Show on Youtube, and I've spent a lot of time and sacrificed lot of cattle to the Gods working to learn how to Burger, and Burger well.

However, there was one place, in the town I grew up. Little hole-in-the-wall deli, right next to the library. Went there after school a lot in highschool. They made the best fucking burgers. Nothing magical, no special cooking technique that I can remember, just... really, really, really amazingly good, and always piled high with sauteed onions and mushrooms, and a white cheese that I have no idea if it was American or Provolone or Cheddar or what, but it was always gooey and stretchy and very cheesy tasting. Toasted bun, a bit on the greasy side, it came wrapped in foil in a styrofoam lunch carton with a pile of pretty darned good fries. This was mid 90s, I think I paid like 8 or 9 bucks for that. Which was higher than fast food at the time, but not outrageous.

They went out of business after only a few years, sadly... Their prices were terribly high, and they weren't really in the right area for the up-scale clientel they wanted to sell their 50-dollar-a-bottle wines and exotic 5-dollar-a-bottle imported beers to. But damn did they do a fine burger.

DarkWeenix

Mux demux, Can't you understand me?
kiwifarms.net
@Army Burger

No but for real I had a double cheeseburger and cajun fries inside a calzone at this bbq place and even covered in sauce this buger was divine

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
a not to be named small beergarden in my not to be named hometown. Good quality meat, fresh buns from a good bakery and all sauces are made by them.
Its also a wunderbar place. like a forest in the middle of the city with a nice view. they also have 3 different brands of weizen.

Overcooked Raccoon

Robotnik is still the bae.
kiwifarms.net
Over in Manchester New Hampshire there's a diner called The Red Arrow. One of the burgers they have is called the Newton Burger, but it's also given the nickname the "Trump Tower Burger".
It's basically two grilled cheese sandwiches that replace the buns, burger meat, and fried mac and cheese encased in a cheese shell on top of it.

One of the best burgers I ever had and whenever I go to the area for a con, I always make an effort to grab one with a cup of coffee.
Trump_Tower_Burger.png

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since coming into Ohio since last summer, I've been trying Steak n Shake burgers. Overall, I enjoyed eating them more than Five Guys and White Castle. White Castle isn't all that bad but I'm not much into sliders. Ironically as a Californian, I can't really see a whole lot of fuss over In n Out burgers. Animal style fries are a whole another league though and I can see the fuss in that.

Reactions: Jasonfan89

HIVidaBoheme

"Oooh Giiiingeeeeeer!"
kiwifarms.net
My brother's grilled burgers, the best of the best I've had from him was one with bacon, grilled patty, blue cheese, roasted mushrooms mixed with a blue cheese sauce, caramelized onions and a touch of bbq sauce. :)

• Feels
Reactions: Jasonfan89

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
The last time my family went to IHOP (long before the whole pancakes/burgers debacle) it was the first time I was allowed to eat something off the adults menu andI ordered the bacon egg and cheese burger. You remember that good morning burger from the Simpsons?

Imagine that but only without the butter and ham. It was so good the burger was hot and juicy the bacon cooked to crispy perfection. The only downside was the egg it was sunny side up so the the minute my teeth punctured the yolk a yellow stream of it shot out onto my white button up shirt I had been wearing that day

ExceptionallyExceptional

GET OFF MY LAWN!
kiwifarms.net
There used to be this place by my highschool where you could get these big fucking 1/2lb burgers (yes, just the one patty was 1/2) that were just plain huge. Not in terms of being thick as fuck, though they were, but also because the patty diameter was pretty big too. So big they had to bake their own buns for them. And good buns too, with nice toasted sesame seeds.
They came in shiny foil wrappers a bit like an Arby's sandwich, which had a cute little logo of a tophat, monocle and mustache. Kinda like this-
IMGBIN_t-shirt-top-hat-monocle-png_7xwg3AWV.png
-but fancier. They'd pile on a good deal of fresh lettuce, tomato, their own pickles made in the back, onion (red or white, your choice) and you could choose from soooooo many other toppings if you didn't want the bog standard burger. Sauteed onions or mushrooms (or both), bacon, pastrami, fried ham, and so many cheeses I didn't know which to pick sometimes.

The place was fucking glorious and the day I walked there to get a burger after school and saw the building empty with the sign gone was like God himself descending from heaven to kick me in the nuts and call me a faggot.

Reactions: Freshly Baked Socks

Freshly Baked Socks

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There used to be this place by my highschool where you could get these big fucking xxx lb borgers ...

The place was fucking glorious and the day I walked there to get a burger after school and saw the building empty with the sign gone was like God himself descending from heaven to kick me in the nuts and call me a faggot.
Same, but my memories fixate on 1+lb patties that had to be cut into quarters to handle imaginably. Such awesome Americana has suffered in the post-supersizeme economy. The same bar now only serves frozen pre-packaged burger patties in uniform 4 or 6oz size.

I recommend trying their cheeseburgers
Yes. Every time I am in Seattle, I make secret late-night visits to fulfill my fantasies of gobbling a bag full of hot and greasy Dick's (burgers).

Tags
None