The Best Burger you've had -

Afinepickle

An actual pickle
kiwifarms.net
There's this east coast burger chain I really like called Zinburger. It's more of the sit down restaurant kind of deal than a fast food joint but the burgers are honestly the best I've ever had. At least the one by me is, can't speak for the other locations. Their French Dip burger is bomb; ground prime rib, Parmesan horseradish sauce, melted provolone and a big ol' stack of fried onions. All those salty and savory flavors pair so well with the sweet au jus.

Misconstrooey

kiwifarms.net
Mooyah bar none. On occasion they might be a little too greasy, but they toast the buns just right, and have the best goddamn bacon that can be slapped on a patty. It's also got the satisfying crumbling in your mouth effect.

McMitch4kf

kiwifarms.net
Man, I really want to sperg out about working at Five Guys but feel like this isn’t quite the appropriate thread.

I’m throwing my vote for Five Guys with the caveat that I’m cooking it, at least.

Lemmingwise

Judging you internally
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have to agree with 5 Guys in North America. I would not order a hamburger in Europe as the ground beef is always dry and tasteless compared to North America.

The worst burger I've had is in Reykjavik at Hamborgarabúlla Tómasar. Allegedly the best burgers the island has to offer.
I wouldn't order one in Europe most places either.

But to if you buy the meat locally either from farmer/slaughterhouse or through direct supply lines through the internet, you can get godly tasting ground beef.

It's just a lot rarer to get good service or quality food from establishments in Europe, unless you're willing to pay plenty of money for it.

Deodar

gotcha, crouton
kiwifarms.net
There's a restaurant in my hometown which serves this amazing flatbread mushroom swiss burger. I don't know how they make it but it comes in with the cheese melting, the mushrooms are served inside the burger with this tasty sauce...its beyond delicious. Sometimes they can be soggy, but hell, its good in almost any state.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
There used to be a place where I grew up called Fat Mo's. The burgers were humongous and it sort of had the same Five Guys model of letting you add whatever toppings you want and giving a shit ton of fries. I haven't had one in years. I don't even know if they still exist, but that shit was good. There was a kid I went to school with who's family owned a restaurant downtown that did a pretty fantastic burger as well. It's called Rotier's and I think it's still running.

Also, there's a chain called Pal's which was around where I went to college. That shit was everything. They're still around if you're ever in the area. Definitely worth it.

Does it have to be beef? I have an uncle that hunts he can make a mean venison and elk burger. There was this place I use to go to when I was a kid years ago that was a hole in the wall burger joint that made the best bison burgers. The patties were large and juicy, the cheese itself was homemade. I went looking to see if it was still around, but sadly it closed their doors.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Best from a chain restaurant? Smashburger, though I haven't been there for a long time.

Otherwise, I guess one I grilled up where I could put a fried egg and hot sauce on it. It's crazy how so few places in the USA have the option to add an egg to your burger.

Spunt

A Leading Source of Experimental Internet Gas
kiwifarms.net
Best I've had in the UK was a place called Hache in Fulham, London (apparently it's Jeremy Clarkson's favourite restaurant). They do one with Canandian bacon and gouda. mmmm. It's expensive though, and it's nothing close to what you can get in the US.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Probably a bison burger. Went to a fairly overpriced place a few months back it was really nicely done.
Also there's a Mexican joint up the road from me that has very good Mexican food, but remarkably great and huge hamburgers even though it's just on the menu like "oh yeah we got a burger if you really need" with no fanfare.
Regarding chains definitely Backyard.

ForgedBlades

Milled wedges.
kiwifarms.net

Absolute dump. Four tables, a small bar, and a pool table. Back is a bait shop.

Best goddamn burgers in the world.

Orion Balls

Sorry Wendy, I love my hat girl.
kiwifarms.net
Burgatory is pretty boss around here. They have a couple of specialities, and then a kind of build your own burger thing. Always cooked to proper temp, and juicy. Great onion rings, too. I like the magic mushroom rub with whole grain mustard, grilled onions, tomato and arugula.

friends o' niall

backpack-wearing behaviours
kiwifarms.net
I'm sure I have shilled for it in some other thread, but there's this place called Pickle near the Blaak station in Rotterdam.

SinEater

kiwifarms.net
When I was younger my dad made a char grilled burger with bleu cheese on top using fresh ground beef from a cow one of his friends from work had on his farm. I still haven't found anything like it at a restaurant.
There was a burger and wings place by where I used to worked that offered this. I'm pretty sure the whole region burned down or got squished by the thumb of God or something, but the burger was called a Black and Bleu. You can find them at bar and grills in my area but they haven't really lived up to the first one.

Tags
None