The Best Burger you've had -

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The hog burger from Gordon Ramsey's burger place in Las Vegas. I ordered it rare without thinking, and they asked if I was sure about that, because it's pork and not beef. Since they seemed willing to do it rare, I went along with it. And it was amazing.

The best burger I make myself is a ramen burger, basically the buns are made out of ramen and then I top it with carmelized onions, Sriracha mayo, and maybe some kimchi. And obviously, cook the meat super rare. It always bothers me that places don't really cook burgers rare even when they pretend it's an option. I get why it is, but it automatically bumps the burger down at least 4 points.

Twinkletard

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's a small chain here in Austin called Hat Creek that I like a lot. They're not gourmet or anything.

Inquisitor_BadAss

Karen poster extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
Hilariously enough my favourites are the 1/4 pounders from birds eyes. I oven cook them and have them with bread buns that have garlic mixed in the dough and topped with cheese before being cooked in the oven.
I stick some lettuce in the bun, add on grated cheddar over the burgers while they rest so it can melt. I then spread some spicy ketchup on both side of the bun.

I generally alternate between having sweet potato fries or paprika fries on the side.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
The hog burger from Gordon Ramsey's burger place in Las Vegas. I ordered it rare without thinking, and they asked if I was sure about that, because it's pork and not beef. Since they seemed willing to do it rare, I went along with it. And it was amazing.
I do rare pork burgers myself from time to time. just throw in a mett patty before the egg for a couple of short minutes and than build a burger with the egg and some bacon on a breakfast bun.

Reactions: melty

Titos

Can't stop. Won't stop. Please stop.
kiwifarms.net
Not exactly a huge chain but the Pastrami burger from Apollo burger is probably the best I've ever had, only real problem is it's a cornmeal bun instead of sesame seed. Smashburgers Beehive Burger also gets a shoutout.

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
This place is amazing, and I'm mildly distraught that I'm not living within driving distance of one for the first time in my adult life. Best burgers I've ever had from a chain. This is also very, very good, but doesn't have that sloppy burger energy that I like.

Austrian Conscript 1915

133 days in Przemysl
kiwifarms.net

The best burger I make myself is a ramen burger, basically the buns are made out of ramen and then I top it with carmelized onions, Sriracha mayo, and maybe some kimchi. And obviously, cook the meat super rare. It always bothers me that places don't really cook burgers rare even when they pretend it's an option. I get why it is, but it automatically bumps the burger down at least 4 points.
you have to be joking. there's no way this is true. how can one man be so based ????//

TatsunoKuri

Designated Art Hobo
kiwifarms.net
I tried In N Out. It's alright, but it can't beat a Kopp's burger.
A vision of Christ.jpg

A wide, sinfully-delicious butter burger, topped with a myriad of tasty toppings. Personal favorite: Blue cheese, fried onions, spicy mayo, and bacon. Served with a side of freshly-fried, crunchy onion rings, and one of their insanely-good shakes, it's one of the best burger places I've ever been to.

Reactions: XYZpdq

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
If we're limiting this to hamburgers and not chicken or veggie burgers, this will be an obviously unpopular opinion (since it didn't last very long) but I really liked the Arch Deluxe and wish McDonald's would bring it back even just for a limited time.

Apparently, they did as the Archburger in some test locations in 2018 but I guess it was a flop for a second time because I don't think McDonald's even rolled it out nationwide in the United States let alone Canada.

Anywhere but McDonald's, if I'm having a burger, it's some kind of chicken.

niconiconecro

“see what you did, engineer?”
kiwifarms.net
When it comes to fast food burgers I love whataburger. Other than that I like to grill my own using a charcoal grill. When I grill my own I can eat them with nothing on them.

• Agree
Reactions: Pargon

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
I ruined getting burgers out by learning how to make them how I like myself.

The problem is, hamburgers are like a potato. You don't like the main ingredient you like the fixings. And I hate tomato, onion, lettuce, pickles, mayo and mustard. So, almost every hamburger I purchase is poor tasting meat that even a decent slice of cheese can't save and your lucky to get even that.

A trick I got from watching Hell's Kitchen. Add a mother fucking egg yolk to the beef. I also add seasoning and mix into the meat. I usually add smoked salt, pepper, cumin, granulated garlic(minced I found doesn't cook enough to get the flavor I like in the meat). Getting ground sirloin can also help a lot.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
A trick I got from watching Hell's Kitchen. Add a mother fucking egg yolk to the beef. I also add seasoning and mix into the meat. I usually add smoked salt, pepper, cumin, granulated garlic(minced I found doesn't cook enough to get the flavor I like in the meat). Getting ground sirloin can also help a lot.
I don't really like ground sirloin, not because it isn't good but because if I have sirloin why would I grind it up? Same with any other actually "good" cut of beef.

I like ground chuck/bacon in an 80/20 mix. Or just ground chuck and bacon on top because that's easier to get.

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I made one once by cutting up several kinds of peppers and onions and then mixing them into the ground beef, and lightly toasting the buns on the grill. It turned out really good.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Something nobody does (at a restaurant) that I like is using absurdly thick slices of tomato (with the snot removed and patted dry to avoid the bun falling apart) and fresh onion on both sides. Requires tomatoes fresh from the garden, preferably still warm from the sun, added last.

twi1992

Buckle the Fuck Up Slut, We're Geting Shitfaced.
kiwifarms.net
I don't really like ground sirloin, not because it isn't good but because if I have sirloin why would I grind it up? Same with any other actually "good" cut of beef.

I like ground chuck/bacon in an 80/20 mix. Or just ground chuck and bacon on top because that's easier to get.
I agree. I went to a place once that had a ribeye burger. Why on earth would you do that to a ribeye???

• Agree
Reactions: AnOminous

Pargon

He don't
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When it comes to fast food burgers I love whataburger. Other than that I like to grill my own using a charcoal grill. When I grill my own I can eat them with nothing on them.
Whataburger as far as fast food burgs go is 5-star. Don't look at it, just eat it. Bonus points for the fact that in my old neck of the woods they were the only game in town besides McD's open late and they make for excellent drunk food.

That said, the best burger I've had by far is from Webers, a single-location joint just outside of Orillia in Ontario, Canada. Known for its privately-owned bridge over Highway 11, because it really is worth pulling your ass over for regardless of what side of the road you're on. Used to stop there every year with my folks during summer vacation. Far and away the best thing about Canada, enough to restore a bit of hope in my shriveled heart knowing that they're still in business.

• Agree
Reactions: niconiconecro

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
The double meat from Flying Burger (chain in AR and TX) is absolutely godlike.

Tags
None