The "Best" Of Steam Greenlight - $100 for GOTY -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know what's even funnier about GBDNATE, and all Renpy games? You can easily swap out the image and sound files, no mod tools required. They're literally all thrown into one folder, so I replaced the menu music with Biggie Smalls vs. Thomas the Tank Engine, an image of the red-haired girl with a picture of Adam Sandler, and changed some of the select screen images. You can even open the games up in Renpy and probably make changes to the code. How are these games considered Steam quality?
Those edits you made sound much better than what the devs had. I'm not kidding. Perhaps a game made by you can be better than the junk from Greenlight.

A-Stump

Dr Robotdick
kiwifarms.net
Another animu game got greenlit: HuniePop
This is an open ended dating sim that gives you the freedom to play how you want. You can spend your time with your favorite girl, building a strong connection and discovering more about her past, her personality, and her aspirations. Orrrr, you can invite a different girl to the bar every night and see what happens. We don't judge, we just try to make every play style as fun and rewarding as the next. :)

I'm not going to say it looks good but it looks like they actually tried. The voice actress they displayed wasn't....awful and the art seemed to be acceptable if atypical for the genre. It's certainly no DNA gender....fuck their name, it's exceptional.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Note: The following submissions here are the FIRST FOUR RECENT SUBMISSIONS as of now.

1. Rage Wars
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=289682586

Amazing adventure of how Derp fights for Kidnapped Herpina. ☛ Y U NO HAVE THE GAME THAT HAS OVER 4 MILLION DOWNLOADS AND 4.75 STARS??

Get prepared for the FIRST EVER shooter game based on Rage Comics ! Rage Wars is a well-made action game with a variety of weapons, worlds and enemies to challenge with.
A game where you have either a storyline or an Arena mode to challenge your friends over Game Center!

Features:

- Storyline with 30 levels, lots of enemies and cut-scenes to catch up with dramatic story.
- Arena mode, where you can challenge your friends in Last Man Standing.
- Dynamic main character facial rage expressions.
- Most of Rage Faces used just in one game for your joy.
- Lots of Y U NO, FUUUUU, and Trolling moments you will never forget.

Tips:

- Use your RAGE button whenever you're in trouble!

So Y U NO TRY IT OUT?

True Story ;)

2. M.O.B.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=289664688
Something you would probably produce using Game Maker. I'm not against games that use Game Maker (e.g. Spelunker, Gunpoint), but this one is just plain lazy.

3. Endless FPS
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=289649114
Pretty good effort on the submission I see.
An endless FPS with a procedurally generated endless world.

* Fun instead of realistic
* Gameplay instead of story
* Action instead of tactics
* Co-op instead of competition

Features:
* Local co-op
* Full controller support
* Increasing difficulty
* 30+ kinds of enemies

4. Tank Craft
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=289350052
10/10 Graphics.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It wouldn't be.
Yeah, who am I kidding? As one would say, most of the games on Greenlight are terrible. Just simulator's trying to cash in on the success of Surgeon Simulator and VN's like Gender Bender, plus other low quality games.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it wrong to blame Goat Simulator for this rise of the stupid joke simulators on Steam? For me, sure, there's Surgeon Simulator but I find it more of a funny game (especially how "realistic" it is) rather than a parody of the simulator genre. Goat Simulator is more like a parody compared with Surgeon Simulator, but after Goat Simulator is released, there's lots of shitty joke simulator games on Greenlight now trying to parody the Simulator genre without even knowing what they're parodying about in the first place.

spaps

I'LL FUCK YOU OFF AT NO COST
kiwifarms.net
Is it wrong to blame Goat Simulator for this rise of the stupid joke simulators on Steam? For me, sure, there's Surgeon Simulator but I find it more of a funny game (especially how "realistic" it is) rather than a parody of the simulator genre. Goat Simulator is more like a parody compared with Surgeon Simulator, but after Goat Simulator is released, there's lots of shitty joke simulator games on Greenlight now trying to parody the Simulator genre without even knowing what they're parodying about in the first place.
Yeah, Goat Simulator is the catalyst. They're all trying to become as popular as GS and SS by using Let's Players as free advertising. Let's Players play shlock like this all the time, so when kids see Markipliler or PewDiePie play it, they're all gonna rush to buy it. The devs behind these games don't have to put any care or effort into them. It's all a scam.

spaps

kiwifarms.net
THERE'S VORE

THERE'S FUCKING VORE IN GENDER BENDER SHAMALAMADINGDONG

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

José Mourinho

The Special One
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently as far as I know, if you spend just $100, you can submit as many submissions as you like for Greenlight as $100 is just a one-time fee.

Which leads to crap like this: :roll:

CzRUPLs.png

Seriously, this loser spends $100 just to spam NEED FOR SPEED fake submissions almost every day. It's gonna take some time before he's banned for submitting Greenlight submissions.

spaps

kiwifarms.net
So a guy on Facepunch started doing streams of Gender Bender DN-Longname. Another user (not the guy that was streaming) PMed me asking if I had a newer copy of the game that the first guy could use. I sent the streamer the copy I torrented, but I had screwed with some of the files beforehand and didn't bother to back up the originals. I told him about that, and he decided to just make the game as unrecognizable as possible. What ensued during the next stream was hilarious, as he had fucked with all the backgrounds and music. Some guys watching the stream found out that you can open the game in Renpy and even add new music and even change the game's text. So this happened.

Look at what I've started.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So a guy on Facepunch started doing streams of Gender Bender DN-Longname. Another user (not the guy that was streaming) PMed me asking if I had a newer copy of the game that the first guy could use. I sent the streamer the copy I torrented, but I had screwed with some of the files beforehand and didn't bother to back up the originals. I told him about that, and he decided to just make the game as unrecognizable as possible. What ensued during the next stream was hilarious, as he had fucked with all the backgrounds and music. Some guys watching the stream found out that you can open the game in Renpy and even add new music and even change the game's text. So this happened.

Have I already said this looks better than the original? It actually does make the terrible game better.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Looks hilariously awesome. Once the game's released, I might torrent it and change most of the files for shits and giggles. :epik:

Anyway, this actually fucking existed before it got removed.
36JIxOM.png

José Mourinho

The Special One
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Time for a bizarre one.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=269845461
Volleyballs play Volleyball

Volleyballs play Volleyball let´s you play as a Volleyball! WHAT?

Yeah you heard right, we let you play volleyball as a volleyball! Confused? Ok let's get serious. This little game is a funny way to kill some time and have fun with your friends. We give you a easy and funny game with 4 different pretty crazy locations where you can play as a volleyball.

Make your deal with the physical ball movement and learn the deep tricks to beat your friends with pure skill and toughness.

Can you beat your opponent? or will he beat you?
Have you the strenght to do what´s needed to do?
Will you have the skills to WIN?

Features
- Physically driven volleyball
- Multiplayer
- Local Multiplayer
- Wonderful graphics
- Controller support
- There will be a linux version later
- NEW fun mode (human ball)

spaps

kiwifarms.net
Gurmanaffe Explores

What's hilarious is that the video is a Shmorky and Lowtax video that's clearly making fun of the game. IT'S NOT EVEN A VIDEO OF GURMANAFFE EXPLORES. 10/10

Also the creator is a massive cunt.

Radvalom said:
wilco, you're funny. Report it all you want, funny one. Greenlight already knows I'm legit. I got clout baby, so report it as much as you like. So naive. As if someone's gonna blow $100 and not have a finished game. You report me as fake, I report you as a stand-up comic. (Oh wait, you're prolly sitting down, aren't you?)

Radvalom said:
cheesywaffles, do you really think I'm going to spend $100 and not have a game or a gaming series? Really now, come on, cheesy! Some folks are pretty naive. The game's done, and when enough of ya'll vote it in, then you can buy it. Until then, I'll just have fun responding to your comments.

Radvalom" said:
bigdgaff, my pitch is so amazing that it doesn't need the required video and 4 screenshots. I assure you of that, my friend. So, I won't worry about that. I never have, I never will, and my fans will continue to grow into immense numbers.

Either this guy is exceptional for thinking this is an acceptable game, or this guy is exceptional for spending $100 on a lame trolling attempt. I've already reported this.

Last edited:

spaps

kiwifarms.net
Turns out the dev is actually exceptional.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MovieLarDataDare/videos

I also commented on the Greenlight page.
Spaps Williams said:
Did you actually spend $100 dollars for a lame trolling attempt, or are you so mentally defective that you thought this was an acceptable game?
I think this was his response, as it was posted soon after my comment, but I really can't tell.
radvalom said:
Zolta Kropka Statistics: Fragrance = 100 Power = 100 Intellect = 100 Destiny = 100 Toughness = 100 ergo Zolta is a legend. Zolta has reached perfection.

EDIT: I looked into it a bit more, and I found the guy's Gamejolt account.
http://gamejolt.com/profile/steward-hk-lar-lover/288183/
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh, boy.

Last edited: