The Big Bang Theory - It's over now

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I just hate how the Bazinga Show gives all nerds a bad name that's what did it
No, I think it's partially responsible for the influx of people pretending to be interested in science (ex. the I fucking love science FB group etc) and shitting up things like comic books with posers.

Plus like I said, the only people I knew who watched it were hipster douchbags who would think they know about science because they heard something from that show. Besides, I think their asshole audience has already moved on to Rick and Morty.

8 comments above.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My parents have both been nerds before being/pretending to be nerds was cool, and they watched the show--not religiously, of course, they watched it mostly because it was on and it has a lot of repeats, so I have to come clean and admit that it feels a little weird that it's finally ending. It's not a show we own a physical copy of since it's too obnoxious even for us to own (and we own a lot of crap, it just astounds me), but at least for me, I stayed to watch it mainly for Penny, then later Bernadette as well because I dunno, the character just amuses me. Of the guys, Leonard was the most "normal", you could say, but I guess it's because he kinda reminds me of my dad. I develop weird attachments for weird reasons.

The show went into a really odd direction in deciding to marry the characters to each other when they decided to give Wolowitz a character arc to make him into a decent character, I'm not sure why they felt they had to do that to give everyone a happy ending or something. I still don't really see how Sheldon and Amy could work out, but eh. I'm honestly just the most baffled that Sheldon got himself a spin-off of his childhood when you could just literally splice together all the episodes that talk about his childhood and get the full picture that way. I don't care for him at all (even though I kinda """get""" him, but yeah, he's not someone I'd like in real life either), but it's rather irksome that he had to be the face of Big Bang.

I dunno, I feel like there should've been something more to Big Bang than there was, because nothing feels worse than wasted potential. I don't know how many changes in management it got during its run, but there should've been someone, anything that could've helped the show become its own thing instead of relying heavily on nerd pop culture and those stupid cameos. For all I know, maybe it really was more honest with itself before it got itself a shitty audience.

So whatever, I'll take those autistic and other neutral/negative ratings for being honest with myself in that I kinda liked the show in small doses, but it wasn't a huge favorite in the slightest, so it's not like I'm bummed out by the news. It really should've just ended years ago when it had the chance, but I'm thinking the network(s) pushed it to keep going because of ratings and they were just that desperate to stay in business, so the creators just shrugged and said "Alright then".

Woke Blue Muttlema

Liz the Vet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My parents have both been nerds before being/pretending to be nerds was cool, and they watched the show--not religiously, of course, they watched it mostly because it was on and it has a lot of repeats, so I have to come clean and admit that it feels a little weird that it's finally ending. It's not a show we own a physical copy of since it's too obnoxious even for us to own (and we own a lot of crap, it just astounds me), but at least for me, I stayed to watch it mainly for Penny, then later Bernadette as well because I dunno, the character just amuses me. Of the guys, Leonard was the most "normal", you could say, but I guess it's because he kinda reminds me of my dad. I develop weird attachments for weird reasons.

The show went into a really odd direction in deciding to marry the characters to each other when they decided to give Wolowitz a character arc to make him into a decent character, I'm not sure why they felt they had to do that to give everyone a happy ending or something. I still don't really see how Sheldon and Amy could work out, but eh. I'm honestly just the most baffled that Sheldon got himself a spin-off of his childhood when you could just literally splice together all the episodes that talk about his childhood and get the full picture that way. I don't care for him at all (even though I kinda """get""" him, but yeah, he's not someone I'd like in real life either), but it's rather irksome that he had to be the face of Big Bang.

I dunno, I feel like there should've been something more to Big Bang than there was, because nothing feels worse than wasted potential. I don't know how many changes in management it got during its run, but there should've been someone, anything that could've helped the show become its own thing instead of relying heavily on nerd pop culture and those stupid cameos. For all I know, maybe it really was more honest with itself before it got itself a shitty audience.

So whatever, I'll take those autistic and other neutral/negative ratings for being honest with myself in that I kinda liked the show in small doses, but it wasn't a huge favorite in the slightest, so it's not like I'm bummed out by the news. It really should've just ended years ago when it had the chance, but I'm thinking the network(s) pushed it to keep going because of ratings and they were just that desperate to stay in business, so the creators just shrugged and said "Alright then".
Leonard is kinda of a possessive sexually frustrated ass.

Maggots on a Train

kiwifarms.net
pbf025bcdinosaurmeteors.jpg

:story: Even bazoople man knew it was too shit to continue.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Leonard is kinda of a possessive sexually frustrated ass.

Yeah, now that you mention it, that was his most negative trait (can't remember if he was actually a virgin prior to dating Penny, I just remember him getting intimidated by her ex 'cause he was a pussy). Horowitz was worse, though, but that might've been because of his mother complex.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Every single clip of Young Sheldon I have seen had Sheldon saying some smart-assed shit to his parents or other authority figures that would have lead to a smash cut to my tomb if I had said it to anyone. While this has often been true of smarth-mouthed sitcom children, it seems particularly enhanced with Young Sheldon.
I walked in while it was playing and had a clip where Sheldon said his dad used to play dumb just so Sheldon could feel like hot shit and explain stuff. Hit me a bit in the feels tbh. (:_(

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
I'll admit, I liked the show at first when I was younger and didn't know any better, but as I got older and discovered other sitcoms, it definitely lost any appeal it once had for me. So good riddance it's finally being put out of its misery.

Grand Lunar

King of the Selenites
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, now that you mention it, that was his most negative trait (can't remember if he was actually a virgin prior to dating Penny, I just remember him getting intimidated by her ex 'cause he was a pussy). Horowitz was worse, though, but that might've been because of his mother complex.
I shamefully admit that I actually watched this shit in high school, mainly because it along with Seinfeld dominated TBS reruns, and the answer to that is no. It was mentioned that he had dated a lady with a phD in French, and that he slept with a Korean scientist that turned out to be government spy. They also had him briefly date a fellow scientist named Leslie and some doctor named Stephanie before he and Penny got together.
What the fuck is Meet The Goldbergs?
He's probably talking about The Goldbergs, which is a sitcom on ABC that tv producer Adam Goldberg made about his childhood. It's basically a hodpodge of 80s references, with each episode taking place in "1980-something" so that they can reference any 80s trend or pop culture product at any time during the show. Originally, every episode ended with a real life home movie taped by Adam related to whatever the episode was about.

It was actually pretty good for the first 4 seasons, but the last one was pretty consistently unfunny and emotionless. They also completely ran out of real life footage, which is a good sign that it's exhausted and needs to end.

Corbin Dallas Multipass

kiwifarms.net
You leave my goldbergs alone, at least they don't have a goddamn laugh track. But yeah, as with most shows the quality has dropped.

I watched a bit of big bang theory here and there... as a sitcom it's kinda ok? But the laugh track is obnoxious. And people saying a show is "smart" always annoys me.