THE BIRD THREAD - Post birds, discuss birds or even sniff birds.

How much do you love birds?

• Total voters

FierceBrosnan

Large Todger
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
20200902_213826.jpg

My fruit child, Pinot, being an extra bitey asshole due to molting and not letting me get her pinfeathers. I love this lil dipshit.

Spatula

delete your twitter.
kiwifarms.net
I want to express my appreciation for pigeons.
Pigeons are very smart birds. They can also pass the mirror test. They clean themselves in fresh water every day if there is a water source next to them.
It's unfortunate they get mistreated as pests, when just 70 years ago they were saving hundreds of human lives in wars.
Our technology progressed, and pigeons are not useful to us anymore so people dumped them in the cities, so now pigeons have to eat our trash just to survive, and people still hate them for something pigeons never had a choice in.
If you really hate their poop, a well fed pigeons poop is more fiber consistent so, its easier to come of, where a starving pigeon poop is runny and acidic and hard to clean.
So please grab seeds and feed your local pigeons. They will recognize you and one day they can even trust you to eat from your hand.
0828fe1889ebd9a7c5eaf1a73f10b082.jpg

Bessie

kiwifarms.net
I want to express my appreciation for pigeons.
Pigeons are very smart birds. They can also pass the mirror test. They clean themselves in fresh water every day if there is a water source next to them.
It's unfortunate they get mistreated as pests, when just 70 years ago they were saving hundreds of human lives in wars.
Our technology progressed, and pigeons are not useful to us anymore so people dumped them in the cities, so now pigeons have to eat our trash just to survive, and people still hate them for something pigeons never had a choice in.
If you really hate their poop, a well fed pigeons poop is more fiber consistent so, its easier to come of, where a starving pigeon poop is runny and acidic and hard to clean.
So please grab seeds and feed your local pigeons. They will recognize you and one day they can even trust you to eat from your hand.
View attachment 1570749

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure that Blue herons are the descendants of the terror bird of old.
View attachment 1574691

The only good memory I have of camping is one of sitting beside a lake at midnight, watching a beautiful blue heron glow in the moonlight as it elegantly waded through the shallows. Well, feeding the mudhens in the morning was a pretty good memory too.