THE BIRD THREAD - Post birds, discuss birds or even sniff birds.

How much do you love birds?

• Total voters

Pocket Dragoon

For one-tenth a soul, or a sexual favor.
kiwifarms.net
A juvenile owl that we almost ran over coming home one night, after a windstorm. Didn't see it until the last second, thought it was some leaves. Managed to straddle it with the wife's Mini, but seen it tumble in the rearview & lay still.

We live in the middle of nowhere, and it was about a mile from the house, so I stopped to check on the bird. It was still alive, stunned, but not visibly hurt. However, it didn't move, and we heard a truck approaching (fucknuckles around here aim for animals in the road), so I scooped it into the new cat carrier we had just bought.

At home, it showed no lack of appetite, devouring the raw chicken my wife gave it (seen here guarding the bowl, wouldn't let me near, I had to use tongs).
The next day it seemed fine, and I spotted the nest it came from, so that night we released it. The owl walked out of the cage and had no problem flying straight to it's home. It was still around when we moved a year later.

Never found out what kind it was, we just call 'em wood owls.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino