Community The Blackfishing, Race Faker, and Trans-Racial Community -

Princess Peaches

We work for 40 years and then we die.
kiwifarms.net
it's important to remember that blackfishing is TOTALLY NOT ACCEPTED because it basically is blackface when people find out what these girls are doing. that's what makes it so lolcowworthy, there's a huge shitstorm that follows any time they are found out

if you subscribe to the idea, then the theory is something like this: "appropriation" is disrespectfully taking without asking permission or giving credit (like plagiarizing) while "sharing" is respectfully taking with permission and giving credit.

im not black so im no expert here but im confident that black people would like to be respected, and girls who put on blackface to get attention on their instagram accounts are not at all motivated by respect. they just want attention for themselves because they are selfish.
That’s a good point. Never thought of it that way! I’m as white as toast so I don’t know anything about being black either.

Lysenko

Soviet Geneticist
kiwifarms.net
This almost seems worthy of two separate threads because of the different kinds of m.ilk you're going to get

blackfishers- the comedy is that they're dumb girls who want attention. the comedy is in them getting caught and the undoing of their poorly thought out lies and the way they try to say "well I never SAID i was black"

trans-racials- they're batshit fucking crazy and come in all forms. there's bafflement as much as outrage against them. some are probably straight up exceptional as opposed to blackfishers who are just con artists.
I changed it to race fakers because not everyone who misrepresents their race is doing it because they think they are 'trans-racial' but sometimes for other reasons like financial gain. I felt like keeping them there though because people like Rachael Dolezal influenced the blackfishers arguably into doing what they are doing.
Also to keep it open to people pretending to be other races besides black.

Reactions: yasscat and Frogasm
Q

QU 734

kiwifarms.net
respectfully taking with permission and giving credit.
I think the idea of cultural appropriation is pretty silly, but I get where you're coming from except for the "permission" bit. How would one even go about recieving permission? What would the threshold be? One person granting it? Three? The entirety of the community you're appropriating from? Can it be rescinded?

Sintharia

Burn it all down
kiwifarms.net
I think the idea of cultural appropriation is pretty silly, but I get where you're coming from except for the "permission" bit. How would one even go about recieving permission? What would the threshold be? One person granting it? Three? The entirety of the community you're appropriating from? Can it be rescinded?
Permission with cultural appropriation is... a bit sketch. Truthfully, you get your "permission" in doing the painstaking research to make your efforts in representing the culture as authentic as possible, so that whatever thing you're doing becomes a tribute to the culture rather than being perceived as theft of it. Some cultures enjoy being celebrated by outsiders; others don't. Doing your research can show you if you'll misstep in that regard.

Frogasm

kiwifarms.net
it's a good question and the answer is I don't know. I know the gist of the theory of the thing, but I'm also at a bit of a loss at how to implement it. i usually try to approach this kind of problem with the question of "how do I avoid being a jerk?"

it's probably just something that's different for every culture because every culture has different rules about what is and isn't polite and wherever you go in the world you just have to learn the rules

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Permission with cultural appropriation is... a bit sketch. Truthfully, you get your "permission" in doing the painstaking research to make your efforts in representing the culture as authentic as possible, so that whatever thing you're doing becomes a tribute to the culture rather than being perceived as theft of it. Some cultures enjoy being celebrated by outsiders; others don't. Doing your research can show you if you'll misstep in that regard.
Evidence has shown that no matter how respectful you are, or how much care and research you apply, or even how much the culture itself is accepting of your efforts - you will get called out for cultural appropriation by SJWs and a few second-gen diasporas. There is nothing, nothing you can do to avoid it, no matter how careful you are.

I think cultural appropriation is mostly bullshit anyway, but the fact that you will never be good enough in some people's eyes is as good a reason as any to go 'fuck it' and just do what you want. That a large proportion of the people who will be yelling at you about other cultures will be white Americans is just icing on the cake.

Teriyaki 69

Test My Gangster
kiwifarms.net
Yess I can give my black woman opinion

Tbh they look weird with darker skin to me.. like you can tell by the facial features they aren't black so they look like white bitches covered in dirt. Capitalize off the exotic biracial look and once you got the attention you were looking for, double down and keep sucking in that attention cause to be honest. Only black guys are dumb and thirsty enough to still give them attention even after :story: I'm not offended personally but I can see why other people would be pissed since its fetishm

Snuckening

kiwifarms.net

Lysenko

Soviet Geneticist
kiwifarms.net
"Alicja Ab: Right is current, left is her before going fake black."

I think you've got that backwards?

And I believe that "Treasure" chick off Dr Phil got outed by her sister as just trolling/attention-whoring. Arguably still a lolcow move, but she doesn't really think she's white.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/black-teen-dr-phil-white-supremacist-2018-10

https://www.complex.com/life/2018/1...-black-teen-dr-phil-says-whole-story-was-fake
I fixed it my stupid brain can't keep left and right straight. Treasure is super lolcow only problem is she escaped the state's custody and nobody knows her whereabouts now.

LesbianSleepoverParty

kiwifarms.net
Ariana's finally getting thrown under the bus hard
https://twitter.com/briamicheIIe/status/1086291824229171200?s=19

just looks tan to me idk
She is tan. But since we're ignoring this supposed obvious problem, we are all "complicit in harming black and brown women"

Good fucking god, these people must have no real problems in their life to be so hung up on Ariana Grande's tan.

I don't recall anyone at all saying that "Tanning Mom" was trying to be black or latin, just that she was crazy.

Tags
None