Culture The Bull Pit - Pitbull News Megathread - A place for autists to ree about pitbulls

sperginity

defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Deputies in Alachua County say a 2-year-old boy is dead and his grandmother is injured after getting attacked by dogs in an enclosed backyard at a home on Friday morning.
CBS 4 in Gainesville reported that officials responded to a home on NW 210th Avenue at around 10:30 a.m. A woman at the scene was transported to a hospital with traumatic injuries. The boy was pronounced dead at the scene.
A preliminary investigation revealed the child and his grandmother went to the house to care for dogs for the family. The grandmother let two of the dogs out in the yard and went inside for a moment. When came back out, the dogs and child were gone.
Officials said she found the dogs mauling the child and was injured fighting them off.
Animal services seized six dogs from the home but later found only two of the dogs were involved. The director of animal services, Ed Williams, said none of the dogs were pit bulls.
"The two that were involved in the attack were surrendered to us," Williams said. "They'll be held for 10 days rabies quarantine for the safety and welfare of grandmother who was also attacked in this incident. And so after the 10 days they'll be euthanized."
Lt. Brett Rhodenizer said they are still investigation the incident. He said they have not received any recent animal calls at the home.
“It is a tragedy for the family that is involved we are responding with detectives with crime scene forensics personnel to find exactly what happened and move from there," Rhodenizer said.
Williams said the other four dogs were in clean cages and in good condition. They are being held."
dogsbite.org got some screencaps from the parent's facebook profile, they were pit bull defenders and they had a crate and rotate system to keep their 6 pit bulls/pit bull mixes from killing each other. Only two were out of their crates at a time, and those two killed their kid that day. We will see if the parents fight the euthanization of the dogs, or if they turn over all the dogs to be killed. when this happens (and it has happened a bunch of times before to people dumb enough to mix tons of pit bulls and their own small children) it goes one of those two ways.

in satire news:

JohnDoe

I sell hyenas and hyena accessories.
kiwifarms.net
I’m genuinely bit confused what you mean with this. Do you mean “purebred” sarcastically or not? Do you mean getting some paperless but totally really purebred and healthy chihuahua from craigslist or getting a pedigree dog from an established breeder?
Both.

Amber the Hedgehog

kiwifarms.net
Then I have to disagree with you. While there are certainly issues with dog breeding (like looks over health and not doing occasional well thought out crossbreeding), I think purebred dog is often better than a mutt to a first time dog owner. Dogs have been bred for different uses and as such have different difficulty levels for lack of better term. With purebreds you have strong idea what you are signing up for, while with a mutt you’re more drowning a dice. This is a big deal especially if you have kids, other pets or live in an apartment building. Having a better idea what to expect before the dog comes allows more effective preparation and avoid many pitfalls in the first place.

Reactions: BlastDoors41

Cryin RN

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Noble pit bull breaks into house to eat grandma's cat:

Neighbours from all over couldn’t at first determine where all the screaming was coming from but they eventually tracked it down. A neighbour from next door ran into the house to help. At first they couldn’t get the dog out of the house and had to grab it and almost literally threw it out of the house. It was then another neighbour secured the dog with a lasso.
Norris’ mother suffered a bite to her finger during the fracas and the family lost Pookie, their 15-year-old cat.
Later, in the same town, a rescued pit bull ate one pomeranian and mauled another:
“I came up a small rise leading away from the river and instantly saw something out of the corner of my eye running towards us at great speed,” she said. “It took a millisecond to realize it was a pit bull and it had focused its sights on my dogs.”
What the Christ, BC! Eating small pets is a job for cougars.

ProgKing of the North

Close to the edge, just by the Riverlands
kiwifarms.net
Anecdotal evidence, I know, but after about 9 months of volunteering at a shelter where probably 2/3 of the dogs are at least pit mixes and after about 4 months of working at PetSmart where I deal with pits every day the most "danger" I've ever been in from a pit type dogs (and mind you, these are dogs in highly stressful situations) is being slammed against the kennel wall by their front paws so they can lick my face easier.

This isn't to deny that hwen pits do bite that they bite harder than other dogs, but to claim that the vast majority of pitties are bloodthirsty beasts waiting for the right sucker to snap on is simply bullshit, cause if it were true I'd be dead right now. In fact, the full blood pits I've dealt with are, on average, some of the calmest, most loving dogs there are.

Again, anecdotal evidence, but based on a decent sample size. I'd be willing to provide pictoral evidence via PM, but not in this thread as many pictures would involve showing my face.

GrotesqueBushes

kiwifarms.net
Then I have to disagree with you. While there are certainly issues with dog breeding (like looks over health and not doing occasional well thought out crossbreeding), I think purebred dog is often better than a mutt to a first time dog owner. Dogs have been bred for different uses and as such have different difficulty levels for lack of better term. With purebreds you have strong idea what you are signing up for, while with a mutt you’re more drowning a dice. This is a big deal especially if you have kids, other pets or live in an apartment building. Having a better idea what to expect before the dog comes allows more effective preparation and avoid many pitfalls in the first place.
If we're talking behaviour only, I'm willing to begrudgingly agree, kinda, to a certain extent.
If we bring health into the equation - whooooo boy are purebreed dogs exceptional [often literally].

This definition o scoliosis is a champion German Shepherd. A goddamn champion.
Pugs have a laundry list of possible problems, up to and including THEIR FUCKING EYES POPPING OUT OF THEIR SKULLS
Basset Houds look adorable, even when their numerous spinal injuries and defects cause them to be almost immobile, and they're blind from a combination of mechanical damage and disease affecting their eyes.

All those issues are brought on by overbreeding, and it's just the tip of the iceberg. There's a reason why competition sled dogs and such are all mutts, often adopted and then bred by their owners - for actual physical competition you need smart, strong, healthy dogs.
This isn't to deny that hwen pits do bite that they bite harder than other dogs
It's not that they bite harder - they don't give warning signals. Let's say you round the corner and there's a pissed German Shepherd that run off someone's property. It will [usually] growl, bare its teeth and raise its hackles. If you back away slowly without screaming and running - you should be fine, probably. A pitbull in the same mindset will just stand there and, if approached, will maul your shit.

As far as anecdotes go - here's mine that makes me think shitbulls are actually exceptional. I was out on a meadow with some friends, we're chatting and our dogs are playing. A dangerhair with a shitbull approached us, asking if her dog can play too [kudos to her for basic decency], we agreed cause she looked like she actually knows her salt. Cue in her doggie engaging mine, trying to take his stick. My dog gives the pit all warning signals in the world - he turns away from her, raises his hackles, growls, walks away and lays down. No dice, the pitbull still wants his shit and doesn't accept that a dog easily 15kg heavier will not bend on stick ownership. I propose we separate them for a moment, both go on leashes, we shoot shit while my dog lays down and the pitbull tries shit. The pitmommy proposes we loose the leashes and have them try socializing again, I make the mistake of agreeing. Same song and dance - pit wants Holy Stick, my dog puts his hackles up, turns away. Then he lets out a warning snap of his teeth that any other breed correctly interprets as "this is your last warning, please desist or we will have a fight" - the pitbull reciprocates and we have two dogs fighting. After severe ineptitude of the pitmommy we manage to separate them, her pit has a bite mark right above its eye [we're talking milimeters here] and half of its ear is torn off. All because a dog can't take a well communicated "no" for an answer, and never shies from violence.

Bonus rant - you have to be fucked in the head to take a strong, agressive breed and be too weak to manhandle it. You have to be doublefucked if you take a shitbull and have no idea how to separate dogs in a scuffle. In that particular situation it was a friend of mine that chucked that pit away while the pitmommy just stood there slackjawed, visibly paralyzed and unable and/or unsure how to react.

BlastDoors41

kiwifarms.net
If we're talking behaviour only, I'm willing to begrudgingly agree, kinda, to a certain extent.
If we bring health into the equation - whooooo boy are purebreed dogs exceptional [often literally].
View attachment 692167
This definition o scoliosis is a champion German Shepherd. A goddamn champion.
Pugs have a laundry list of possible problems, up to and including THEIR FUCKING EYES POPPING OUT OF THEIR SKULLS
Basset Houds look adorable, even when their numerous spinal injuries and defects cause them to be almost immobile, and they're blind from a combination of mechanical damage and disease affecting their eyes.

All those issues are brought on by overbreeding, and it's just the tip of the iceberg. There's a reason why competition sled dogs and such are all mutts, often adopted and then bred by their owners - for actual physical competition you need smart, strong, healthy dogs.
Fun fact you can always get your dogs from working lines or breeders that are specifically affiliated with “out breeding” movements.

Jack russel terriers have their own organization that runs counter to fuckery that the Westminster types like to breed into their animals.

“outbreeders” are breeders are trying to widen the pool of genetic diversity within dogs like Dalmatians and dobermans. The idea is that since most popular breeds today are the result of mixing and matching different breeds of dogs therefore occasionally breeding a Doberman with a German Shepherd is good for the gene pool since that a foundation breed for them.

Collections Agent

I've Come To Collect!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anecdotal evidence, I know, but after about 9 months of volunteering at a shelter where probably 2/3 of the dogs are at least pit mixes and after about 4 months of working at PetSmart where I deal with pits every day the most "danger" I've ever been in from a pit type dogs (and mind you, these are dogs in highly stressful situations) is being slammed against the kennel wall by their front paws so they can lick my face easier.

This isn't to deny that hwen pits do bite that they bite harder than other dogs, but to claim that the vast majority of pitties are bloodthirsty beasts waiting for the right sucker to snap on is simply bullshit, cause if it were true I'd be dead right now. In fact, the full blood pits I've dealt with are, on average, some of the calmest, most loving dogs there are.

Again, anecdotal evidence, but based on a decent sample size. I'd be willing to provide pictoral evidence via PM, but not in this thread as many pictures would involve showing my face.
Taking a generalized factual statement and acting like it's not true because it doesn't specifically apply to you isn't very cash money of you.

Most of these people think their dogs are angels (sometimes for even a decade or so) until one day a 4 year old looks at them wrong and their poor breed choice costs a family a child.

No one informed is saying all pit bulls are maniacal and are on the hunt 24/7. They're bred to be killing machines and sometimes their bred nature takes over.

sperginity

defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

here you go, non anecdotal evidence free of charge
needless to say that the dog population isn't half pitbulls, it isn't even 5%.. This is a massive over representation. These are only fatalities. People losing scalps, noses, arms, hands, feet, etc to pit bull maulings is a regular occurrence. as well.

You can watch videos of the dogs mauling, most don't warn you. Hence the "sweet" descriptor, the dogs hide pain and agitation. It might put you at ease but it shouldn't.

Uterus Burns

Painful menopause
kiwifarms.net
MIAMI, Fla. (FOX 35 ORLANDO) - A 19-year-old Florida man accused of setting a caged cat on fire and then feeding the corpse to his dogs will not see the inside of a jail cell.

According to the Miami Herald, Roberto Hernandez was sentenced on Friday to 5 years of probation. The judge on the case said she believed Hernandez's defense--that he thought the cat was actually a rabid raccoon that was reportedly attacking animals in the area.

Circuit Judge Nashin Sayfie sentenced him to five years of probation plus 100 hours of community service. Prosecutors had asked for Hernandez to spend 364 days in jail.
Hernandez was 17 when video surveillance showed him pouring a flammable liquid over the animal and set it on fire with matches, watching the animal burn while he grabbed a drink and watched.
He's then accused of feeding the animal to his pit bulls. A neighbor witnessed the crime.

Hernandez pleaded guilty to one count of felony animal abuse.

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Two questions. Was the cat alive or dead when he torched it and do they allow exceptional people to be judges in Florida? He had to have at least been looking at it when he was pouring lighter fluid on it.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino