Culture The Bull Pit - Pitbull News Megathread - A place for autists to ree about pitbulls

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Even if the particular breeder you got your doge from specifically breeds for low aggression, it's going to take a looooong fucking time to breed the fighting ability and instinct out of a powerful breed that was specifically bred to fight.
This will pretty much never happen, not just for pitbulls but for all the breeds originally bred for aggression. To completely eliminate aggression to background levels (for lack of a better term) would involve completely destroying the breed, which people don't allow. A lot of people are very ignorant about dogs and are only interested in their appearance. For example people like dalmatians and akitas because of the way they look, but are completely ignorant about how they were originally bred for violence, not for appearance. You could spend decades cross-breeding with various gentler breeds to create a better, non-aggressive dalmatian or akita, but people won't be interested because then they won't look like dalmatians or akitas anymore. They'll simply go to the breeders that breed ones with traditional appearance, and thus, traditional aggression.

Pokemonquistador

kiwifarms.net
Now that's one dense motherfucker. I have three rescues that, fortunately, are good with kids but if there was a hint of an issue in that area, I'd be looking for a new home for any of them. For god's sake, that's your baby's life you're risking here.
This brain donor probably thinks the dog is an extension of his penis, and if he has to choose between having a breathing, non-mauled baby or the animal that serves as the figurative symbol of his virility, well....fuck the kid. (Although I would think actually having a baby around would be better proof of your virility than having an ugly, beady-eyed dog with big nuts, but maybe that's me.)

When I see male pitbull owners, I think of the pitbull guy in this video by Idubbz:

"GARHRHHLOOKIT these BIG BEAUTIFUL NUUUUTTTZZZZZ!!!!!" When you have an obsession with animals that makes Furries look restrained and dignified, then you know you have a problem...

Clockwork_PurBle

John Goldfarb, get your ass back home.
kiwifarms.net
Child In Coma After Dog Attack, Owner Not Charged

A 12-year-old boy is in a coma and six dogs have been put down after the child was mauled Friday in Montgomery County.

The boy, dressed in jeans and t-shirt, was on his spring break, riding his bike after lunch. As he rode down a street around the corner from his house, six, mixed-breed dogs ran out from a yard and attacked him, said Montgomery County Sheriff Nix.

The dogs dragged the boy off his bike and into a ditch, biting his arms and legs, Nix said.
A man and his son drove by and first saw the abandoned bike laying in the road. When they saw the child being attacked in the ditch, Nix said, they rushed out of their vehicle and began fighting off the dogs with hammers and sticks.
The boy was airlifted to the University of Mississippi Medical Center and underwent surgery Sunday. He's currently in a medically induced coma and will likely face several more surgeries and weeks of hospitalization, Nix said.

The owner of the dogs was shocked, Nix said, when she was told about the attack.
"She said they had never done anything like that as long as she had had them," Nix said.
When Nix told her the dogs would have to be euthanized, the owner reportedly told him, "I don't want them back, kill them."

They were taken to the local veterinarian and euthanized, Nix said. They will be tested for rabies.

The dogs' owner will not be charged with any crime, Nix said. It's unknown what triggered the attack.

I got attacked by a registered "pibble" two years ago that was supposedly trained and wouldn't harm a fly. Owner said they dindunuffin and had never been aggressive before. Hmm...

fishmonger

Sheep
kiwifarms.net
Child In Coma After Dog Attack, Owner Not Charged

A 12-year-old boy is in a coma and six dogs have been put down after the child was mauled Friday in Montgomery County.

The boy, dressed in jeans and t-shirt, was on his spring break, riding his bike after lunch. As he rode down a street around the corner from his house, six, mixed-breed dogs ran out from a yard and attacked him, said Montgomery County Sheriff Nix.

The dogs dragged the boy off his bike and into a ditch, biting his arms and legs, Nix said.
A man and his son drove by and first saw the abandoned bike laying in the road. When they saw the child being attacked in the ditch, Nix said, they rushed out of their vehicle and began fighting off the dogs with hammers and sticks.
The boy was airlifted to the University of Mississippi Medical Center and underwent surgery Sunday. He's currently in a medically induced coma and will likely face several more surgeries and weeks of hospitalization, Nix said.

The owner of the dogs was shocked, Nix said, when she was told about the attack.
"She said they had never done anything like that as long as she had had them," Nix said.
When Nix told her the dogs would have to be euthanized, the owner reportedly told him, "I don't want them back, kill them."

They were taken to the local veterinarian and euthanized, Nix said. They will be tested for rabies.

The dogs' owner will not be charged with any crime, Nix said. It's unknown what triggered the attack.

I got attacked by a registered "pibble" two years ago that was supposedly trained and wouldn't harm a fly. Owner said they dindunuffin and had never been aggressive before. Hmm...
Good on the owners for manning up and letting the dogs be put down.

Francis E. Dec Esc.

kiwifarms.net
Irving, Texas woman killed by her two pitbulls at an animal hospital:

IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman died from her injuries after her two pit bulls attacked her at an Irving animal hospital, and responding officers were forced to shoot and kill the dogs, police say.

Police say officers responded to the incident at around 11:45 a.m. Saturday at the O’Connor Animal Hospital after receiving a 911 call about the woman lying unconscious outside of the hospital in an exercise area.

According to police, hospital staff and responding personnel were not able to help her immediately as the two dogs were still near her and were exhibiting “aggressive behavior.” Police say an officer was forced to shoot the animals.

The woman was taken to Parkland hospital with “life-threatening” injuries. She was later pronounced dead.

She was identified as 33-year-old Johana Villafane of Irving.

Police say the dogs had been in quarantine at the hospital after an incident earlier this month where they had apparently bit someone.

The attack happened outside of the hospital in an area where owners are able to walk and exercise their dogs.

Police will continue to investigate the incident as well as the fatal shooting of the dogs.

Coldgrip

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way.
kiwifarms.net
Irving, Texas woman killed by her two pitbulls at an animal hospital:

IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman died from her injuries after her two pit bulls attacked her at an Irving animal hospital, and responding officers were forced to shoot and kill the dogs, police say.

Police say officers responded to the incident at around 11:45 a.m. Saturday at the O’Connor Animal Hospital after receiving a 911 call about the woman lying unconscious outside of the hospital in an exercise area.

According to police, hospital staff and responding personnel were not able to help her immediately as the two dogs were still near her and were exhibiting “aggressive behavior.” Police say an officer was forced to shoot the animals.

The woman was taken to Parkland hospital with “life-threatening” injuries. She was later pronounced dead.

She was identified as 33-year-old Johana Villafane of Irving.

Police say the dogs had been in quarantine at the hospital after an incident earlier this month where they had apparently bit someone.

The attack happened outside of the hospital in an area where owners are able to walk and exercise their dogs.

Police will continue to investigate the incident as well as the fatal shooting of the dogs.
Good. Better her than some random person getting mauled.

Smiling Honeybadger

Still on the search for some super smart Title.
kiwifarms.net
The irony is that originally pit bulls and the related breed like American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers, and Bull terriers were bred to be non-aggressive towards their human handlers, but hyper-aggressive towards their canine or earlier bovine opponents. They were bred that way to be easily separated in the pit. A pit bull who bit the handler or judge was disqualified. That's why they can be shit friendly with their family if trained correctly, but still, consider other dogs a snack.

You can hope that the breed may be completely ruined soon like the English Bulldog, as there are re.tarded breeder attempting to make them look like frog dogs on steroids.

sperginity

defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The irony is that originally pit bulls and the related breed like American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers, and Bull terriers were bred to be non-aggressive towards their human handlers, but hyper-aggressive towards their canine or earlier bovine opponents. They were bred that way to be easily separated in the pit. A pit bull who bit the handler or judge was disqualified. That's why they can be shit friendly with their family if trained correctly, but still, consider other dogs a snack.

You can hope that the breed may be completely ruined soon like the English Bulldog, as there are re.tarded breeder attempting to make them look like frog dogs on steroids.

I'm not entirely sure that this is true. I know that american bulldogs were used to catch runaway slaves, those were imported pretty much direct from england. I know that a shitload of fighting dogs bit people at the beginning of recorded dog fighting history (even killed john colby's nephew in the early 1900s) and those dogs still got bred. I am not sure anyone cared if the dogs were easy to separate in the pit, I am also not sure that aggression towards humans is a trait that can be separated from aggression towards non-dog animals. There are a lot of doubts I am having is what I am trying to say, it could be that you're right but perhaps not.

Anyway...I am very against breeding dogs to do violent sports of any sort because it dooms the animal to a shitty existence. I think all fighting dog gene carriers should be sterilized immediately. Domesticated dogs have a crappy life unless they are doing a job or living with a family, and dogs with these genes are not in a good position to do either thing. Their "job" went away when animal rights were invented.

the latest info on the woman killed by her own pit bulls is here
https://blog.dogsbite.org/2019/03/dog-bite-fatality-pit-bulls-kill-owner-bite-quarantine.html

people bitch about dogsbite, but they link to all the sources for their claims so I don't mind repeating them here.

*The dogs broke out a bunch of times before (including through a neighbors fence and then in through the neighbor's backdoor to their house, weird behavior, but no one was hurt that time)
*The last time they broke out, they bit someone, animal control gave the owner a ticket. It isn't known how badly the bite vitcim was injured at this time.
*The owner didn't have up to date rabies shots so the dogs were quarantined.
*The shelter was full, so they let her shelter them at an animal hospital during the quarantine.
*She came to visit her own dogs at the animal hospital and take them on a walk in a specified area, and at that point they killed her.

better her than someone else I guess. These dogs aren't worth the risk.

Smiling Honeybadger

Still on the search for some super smart Title.
kiwifarms.net
I'm not entirely sure that this is true. I know that american bulldogs were used to catch runaway slaves, those were imported pretty much direct from england. I know that a shitload of fighting dogs bit people at the beginning of recorded dog fighting history (even killed john colby's nephew in the early 1900s) and those dogs still got bred. I am not sure anyone cared if the dogs were easy to separate in the pit, I am also not sure that aggression towards humans is a trait that can be separated from aggression towards non-dog animals. There are a lot of doubts I am having is what I am trying to say, it could be that you're right but perhaps not.

Anyway...I am very against breeding dogs to do violent sports of any sort because it dooms the animal to a shitty existence. I think all fighting dog gene carriers should be sterilized immediately. Domesticated dogs have a crappy life unless they are doing a job or living with a family, and dogs with these genes are not in a good position to do either thing. Their "job" went away when animal rights were invented.

the latest info on the woman killed by her own pit bulls is here
https://blog.dogsbite.org/2019/03/dog-bite-fatality-pit-bulls-kill-owner-bite-quarantine.html

people bitch about dogsbite, but they link to all the sources for their claims so I don't mind repeating them here.

*The dogs broke out a bunch of times before (including through a neighbors fence and then in through the neighbor's backdoor to their house, weird behavior, but no one was hurt that time)
*The last time they broke out, they bit someone, animal control gave the owner a ticket. It isn't known how badly the bite vitcim was injured at this time.
*The owner didn't have up to date rabies shots so the dogs were quarantined.
*The shelter was full, so they let her shelter them at an animal hospital during the quarantine.
*She came to visit her own dogs at the animal hospital and take them on a walk in a specified area, and at that point they killed her.

better her than someone else I guess. These dogs aren't worth the risk.
Very good points. And sure, it is possible that my sources or simply my memory is not accurate on this. And I agree that there is no need for these breeds that are bred for aggressiveness. At the moment sob stories involving pit bulls are quite popular on such clickbait sites like "The Dodo". They find a half dead pit bull and nurse it back to health, and doggo is oh so healthy and thankful. Problem: often times no one knows the biography of the dog. And in pit bulls, there is quite a possibility that they may have been former fighting dogs, and are on a trigger. Years may pass and nothing happens, and suddenly it clicks in the dog and it goes full berserk.

And also often times people misread the facial expressions and body language of their dogs. Which they may view as happiness can be subjective insecure behaviour, which can easily turn into fear aggressiveness, which in case of a pit bull is simply a recipe for disaster.

I am not all for calling these dogs outright monsters, but they are complicated breeds that need expert or very experienced handlers. Don't think that this is a given with people who either view them as an extension for their tough guy image or people who view them as sweet little fur babies.

• Informative
Reactions: millais

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Very good points. And sure, it is possible that my sources or simply my memory is not accurate on this. And I agree that there is no need for these breeds that are bred for aggressiveness. At the moment sob stories involving pit bulls are quite popular on such clickbait sites like "The Dodo". They find a half dead pit bull and nurse it back to health, and doggo is oh so healthy and thankful. Problem: often times no one knows the biography of the dog. And in pit bulls, there is quite a possibility that they may have been former fighting dogs, and are on a trigger. Years may pass and nothing happens, and suddenly it clicks in the dog and it goes full berserk.

And also often times people misread the facial expressions and body language of their dogs. Which they may view as happiness can be subjective insecure behaviour, which can easily turn into fear aggressiveness, which in case of a pit bull is simply a recipe for disaster.

I am not all for calling these dogs outright monsters, but they are complicated breeds that need expert or very experienced handlers. Don't think that this is a given with people who either view them as an extension for their tough guy image or people who view them as sweet little fur babies.
Yeah, I wince everytime I see somebody get a pit bull, adult or puppy, as their first dog from a shelter. With an adult they have no idea what it's history is, and with a puppy (and actually both) they have no idea how strong and stubborn it will get as an adult and generally don't train it well enough.

Maggots on a Train v2

new and improved account
kiwifarms.net
I feel like some people just don't regard dogs as fully living creatures, and assume they can overwrite their own wants over the dog's brain. It must be the curse of being one of the earliest domesticated animals. A tame 20lb bobcat might not be any more of a risk than a pitbull, but people aren't rushing out to breed domestic bobcats. At least for cats, 99.9% of people understand more danger=more danger, and stick with the safe ones.

• Agree
Reactions: vertexwindi

Raging Capybara

kiwifarms.net
Man, that site is the only thing you need to destroy your day. Check this out:

What a massive piece of shit.

Collections Agent

I've Come To Collect!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Man, that site is the only thing you need to destroy your day. Check this out:

View attachment 708697

What a massive piece of shit.
Holy shit, "Haha my dogs ripped your beloved pet to shreds boys will be boys yolo" mentality makes me actually a-loggy as fuck

sperginity

defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, "Haha my dogs ripped your beloved pet to shreds boys will be boys yolo" mentality makes me actually a-loggy as fuck
she was dog sitting for a neighbor so these weren't even her dogs & she was still a massive bitch to the family whose cat died from her negligence. she tried to lie about it until she found out that there was a security camera that caught the entire thing.

waffle

kiwifarms.net
I legitimately though this thread was gong to be about the latin pop singer when I clicked on it. His music isn't my speed, but the guy's got charisma by the bucket.

Most of the towns around me have breed specific bans against pitbulls. I don't think breed matters much in how dangerous a dog is. The real problem is that every moron from the hood who want's an "attack dog" buys a pitbull, rottweiler, or boxer because they look cool and have a reputation and then have no idea how to train it.

It's no coincidence that most of the fatal/serious dog attacks you hear about come out of the hood or redneck central.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: fishmonger

Gone_Fission

kiwifarms.net
I 100% support the right of all Americans to own assault rifles, but pitbulls are too dangerous to not be banned or regulated out of existence. At least firearms are inanimate objects fully under the control of the operator; pitbulls are living beings with minds of their own and the means and propensity to inflict lethal injury on innocent people and pets.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
I 100% support the right of all Americans to own assault rifles, but pitbulls are too dangerous to not be banned or regulated out of existence. At least firearms are inanimate objects fully under the control of the operator; pitbulls are living beings with minds of their own and the means and propensity to inflict lethal injury on innocent people and pets.
And they can reproduce, too, so unless they are removed from society, they will increase in number

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino