Culture The Bull Pit - Pitbull News Megathread - aka sperginity speds out agendaposting

Tiamat

kiwifarms.net
I think one of the many issues is that pit bulls aren’t exactly a breed you can just get from the pet store and treat like any other dog. They’re terriers and like most terriers, they have high energy and high prey drive. Maybe not as much as a husky, but pits from what I know need a lot of exercise and playtime and keeping them locked up in the house or tied to a lead all day is only gonna lead to them becoming these anxious hyper messes. They also can have dog aggression which can pose itself as an issue
Another issue is that they’re just so damn strong. My moms friend has a pit bull that’s the sweetest thing in the world but one whack from his tail or a knock from his head can lead to some serious bruises. Some pits just want to play but end up hurting someone real bad in the process.

It doesn’t help that a lot of people who get pits do literally no research on the breed and/or just get them to look badass. There needs to be more awareness of taking care of pits as well as other high energy/maintenance breeds like huskies, collies. I think any dog can be a good dog, you just need to know their needs.

Pit bull reports aren’t always accurate though either. A lot of it is based on eye witness accounts and the Staffie, Amstaff and American Pit can easily be mistaken for boxers, bulldogs and bull Arabs and are all the time

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The owner was home at he time. I expect him to have control of his dogs.
He did. They were chewing up an intruder as they should have been doing. Unfortunately for the dogs, cops intervened for also obvious reasons.

Coldgrip

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way.
kiwifarms.net
He did. They were chewing up an intruder as they should have been doing. Unfortunately for the dogs, cops intervened for also obvious reasons.
I fail to see anything unfortunate about this. An unsightly drain on society has been removed and a criminal trespasser is dead. Win-win as they say.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
I fail to see anything unfortunate about this. An unsightly drain on society has been removed and a criminal trespasser is dead. Win-win as they say.
Nah, doggo did nothing wrong. Getting bit by a dog is a risk cops take, a dog doesn’t know what a cop is.

At least the cop didn’t light him up like some cops do.

Reactions: Saint Mengele

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
And a cop is mauled. And a dog is (probably going to be) dead. That's less than optimal.

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 902266

Child shouldn't have been roaming the neighborhood anyway, everyone knows that people walking around agitates dogs. She deserved it, buy my pitbull mommy shirts on Etchy.

Lissamine Green

Spiteful Chicken Eater
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 902266

The dad should be given a very fine gun and three clear shots at that neighbor while the police look the other way.

Belvedere

kiwifarms.net
I think one of the many issues is that pit bulls aren’t exactly a breed you can just get from the pet store and treat like any other dog. They’re terriers and like most terriers, they have high energy and high prey drive. Maybe not as much as a husky, but pits from what I know need a lot of exercise and playtime and keeping them locked up in the house or tied to a lead all day is only gonna lead to them becoming these anxious hyper messes. They also can have dog aggression which can pose itself as an issue
Another issue is that they’re just so damn strong. My moms friend has a pit bull that’s the sweetest thing in the world but one whack from his tail or a knock from his head can lead to some serious bruises. Some pits just want to play but end up hurting someone real bad in the process.

It doesn’t help that a lot of people who get pits do literally no research on the breed and/or just get them to look badass. There needs to be more awareness of taking care of pits as well as other high energy/maintenance breeds like huskies, collies. I think any dog can be a good dog, you just need to know their needs.

Pit bull reports aren’t always accurate though either. A lot of it is based on eye witness accounts and the Staffie, Amstaff and American Pit can easily be mistaken for boxers, bulldogs and bull Arabs and are all the time
Not trying to be confrontational or trollish, I really have an honest question: What's the point of owning a breed of dog so powerful and instinctively predatory in any modern, urban context? If as you mention the mere act of playing with an animal like this will cause bruises then when it goes out of control it means severe mutilation or death for people around it. What is the purpose of allowing anyone to even purchase such a high maintenance, discipline demanding dogs without making sure the buyer is the right type of owner for such a breed? This breed as a whole is a liability and while I don't advocate for these to be culled, I do think the breed itself needs to be "phased-out" via selective breeding to dilute the aggressiveness and turn it into a more manageable, gentler breed.

sperginity

everything is terrible
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not trying to be confrontational or trollish, I really have an honest question: What's the point of owning a breed of dog so powerful and instinctively predatory in any modern, urban context? If as you mention the mere act of playing with an animal like this will cause bruises then when it goes out of control it means severe mutilation or death for people around it. What is the purpose of allowing anyone to even purchase such a high maintenance, discipline demanding dogs without making sure the buyer is the right type of owner for such a breed?
Pit bulls don't really have breeders like a purebred dog does, they only have backyard breeders, who charge very little for pit bull puppies and don't give a fuck what happens to them after that. Backyard breeders are uniformly stupid and unethical. It is a way to make a quick buck if you're broke and live somewhere horrible. They sell them mostly to people who want to protect their property (either because they live in a high crime area or because they are criminals and have drugs/whatever to keep secure).

A ton of the dogs end up at shelters because the breeder couldn't get rid of them and can't care for all the grown dogs, or the people who owned them couldn't take care of them, plus the things break out and run away a lot more than normal dogs. Then stupid women in the suburbs "rescue" the dogs from being euthanized at the shelter, and think they're heros for having a dog they can't physically control, and take them everywhere to be smug about how gentle their dogs are.

This breed as a whole is a liability and while I don't advocate for these to be culled, I do think the breed itself needs to be "phased-out" via selective breeding to dilute the aggressiveness and turn it into a more manageable, gentler breed.
If you select against the aggressiveness you're gonna end up with a different dog breed entirely. It's like saying you want to dilute the running proclivity of a greyhound or something, it is the defining trait of the breed. I think it should be madatory spay/neuter for dog breeds that only exist because of animal cruelty (like dog fighting).

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
This breed as a whole is a liability and while I don't advocate for these to be culled, I do think the breed itself needs to be "phased-out" via selective breeding to dilute the aggressiveness and turn it into a more manageable, gentler breed.
I think it's ultimately a form of cruelty to animals to breed them with traits that are actively harmful to them, either by making them deformed and have horrible health problems like pugs and the other deformed dogs with hideously malformed skulls, or by making them have horrible behavioral problems that make them not only likely to kill humans but also likely to end up being put down because they just can't behave.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino