Culture The Bull Pit - Pitbull News Megathread - aka sperginity speds out agendaposting

Amber the Hedgehog

kiwifarms.net
Lady your beloved pet is a danger to people and animals. She has attacked multiple animals and people. It’s not clear from your text if she killed or not but if not that’s probably just luck and should not be counted on. Sorry but she should be put down. It’s likely that your dog has neurological disposition to this behavior and that’s somewhere between impossible to change and needs extremely consistent and correctly done long term training. Most likely scenario is that she will attack again and again. To manage that possibility responsibly, she should be kept away from people and other animals most of the time, only allowed around if wearing muzzle and on leash. That still would be dangerous do her size and strength. How anyone going to do that while giving her enough exercise, mental stimulation and social interaction for her to be a happy and healthy dog? Even if someone could they wouldn’t enjoy that pet very much. Sorry but in this case it’s pretty clear that option with least amount of suffering is put her down.

SiccDicc

See you next fall...
kiwifarms.net
1569864740964.png
WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) — It's hard to regard Ellie as a menace.
When Greg Manteufel is frustrated or feeling down, she sits by him. At night, she sleeps under his covers. At dinner, she's there next to him, knowing he'll throw something her way. She belies the stereotype of the vicious pit bull.
"We love her like she's our daughter," he said of the dog.

And yet, Ellie may be the reason Manteufel, 49, nearly died.
Gravely ill, he lost parts of his arms and legs, as well as the skin of his nose and part of his upper lip. The cause was capnocytophaga (cap-noh-seye-TOE'-fah-gah), a germ from Ellie's mouth or from another dog he encountered.
Capnocytophaga is commonly found in the saliva of cats and dogs and almost never leads to people getting sick, unless the person has a compromised immune system. But Manteufel was perfectly healthy. In fact, he doesn't think he'd ever used his health insurance before he fell ill.
The case is extremely rare and doctors at his hospital, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, had no explanation for why he got so sick. But over the last 10 years there have been at least five other healthy people who have had severe reactions to the germ. A team of researchers connected with Harvard Medical School has developed a theory on why — a gene change in all the victims.
And their finding means doctors can't rule out the capnocytophaga bacteria could strike Manteufel and other victims again.
1569864760994.png
Greg Manteufel thought he was getting the flu in June of 2018. He had a fever, vomiting and diarrhea. But when he started getting confused, his family took him to the hospital.
Doctors did blood cultures and found capnocytophaga, which caused sepsis, a severe blood infection that led to his blood pressure dropping and many of his organs shutting down.
"Do what you have to, to keep me alive," he told the doctors.
He had so much to live for — foremost, his wife of 16 years, Dawn, and 26-year-old son, Mike. He was just starting to get really good at his day job, painting houses. He cherished his Harley Davidson Electra Glide. He was in the middle of fixing up his '66 El Camino. And of course there was Ellie, the pup.
And so he persisted, through more than 20 surgeries, including amputations of his left and right arms just below the elbow, and legs through the middle of the knee.
His wife and son stayed optimistic, because he was.
"Greg said he didn't come this far to lay down and let this beat him," Dawn Manteufel said.
He was out of the in-patient rehab unit in about two weeks, learning to move from his wheelchair to the bed, toilet and car. The usual stay is three to four weeks, said Dr. David Del Toro, medical director for the inpatient rehab unit at Froedtert.
Manteufel made similar quick advances using his arm prosthetics and leg prosthetics.
"He does not seem like any other patient I've met before," Del Toro said. "He's just, you know, full speed ahead."
Meanwhile, researchers at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, connected to Harvard Medical School, as well as Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center had been investigating cases like his.
The team has done genetic testing on five otherwise healthy people who suffered capnocytophaga infections to see if they could find anything in common. They discovered all had a gene connected to the immune system that was working differently — a genetic variant.
"It was a really thrilling moment," said Elizabeth Fieg, a genetic counselor at Brigham and Women's Hospital. "The stakes are so high with these cases and the patients have gone through so much."
They believe it makes those people more susceptible to developing severe medical problems from capnocytophaga. But they are also trying to determine if there are other risk factors.
Of the five in the study, three survived with amputations and two did not. Fieg hopes their research can determine why some did not survive.
She also hopes if their theory is confirmed, it will help diagnose cases faster, and perhaps save lives and limbs.
That's why Greg Manteufel jumped at the chance to take part when he was approached in August.
Researchers need to gather more evidence, but hope to publish their study in the next year to 18 months.
1569864789069.png
Manteufel's life now includes frequent occupational therapy appointments to perfect his use of arm prosthetics — the kind with metal moveable hooks at the end. He's using a fork regularly and he's now working on picking up the TV remote, opening doorknobs, cutting vegetables and doing the dishes.
He's using shortened leg prosthetics, called stubbies, to get his body conditioned to eventually use to full-sized ones. Those are expected to arrive any day.
Plastic surgeons plan another surgery to perfect his nose. They've already moved skin from his forehead there. It looks oversized now, but it will eventually fit in with the rest of his face.
He plans to get his car revamped so he can drive with prosthetics. He wants to get a special pole so he can go fishing again. He is even considering going back to work painting.
He's also become less quiet and a lot more outgoing. "Now everybody I see wants to hear something or talk to me. I tell them a 15-minute story about what happened. They probably want me to leave, you know," he said, chuckling.
Ellie's often by his side.
"She loves kids. She loves puppies. Other dogs," Manteufel said.
As harmless as she seems, she may have capnocytophaga germ.
The results of Manteufel's genetic tests are expected in three to four months. Fieg said people with the gene variant are at increased risk for recurrent capnocytophaga or other infections in the future.
While Manteufel doesn't like the sound of that, he said Ellie's accidentally scratched him since he's been home and even licked his mouth. He's been fine.
And even if he does have the gene variant, he said, it changes nothing.
"We didn't even bother testing her," said Manteufel. "We weren't going to get rid of her if it was her that caused it anyway."
"We just love her to death."
1569864806133.png
1569864851374.png

Abortions4All

Can't complain (but sometimes I still do)
kiwifarms.net
I fucking hate how all the "breed doesn't matter at all, pibbles are nanny dogs!" crowd has taken over every fucking forum about pets or animals.

Lately I've been looking to get a dog that would be good with young children and backyard poultry. But there is no place online dedicated to dogs, kids, or poultry where you can ask and get an honest answer to the question, "what breeds are least likely to kill kids or ducks?"

Instead, you get dozens of people flocking to say "it's not the breed, it's the owner" and "any dog, even one with a high prey drive, can be trained to leave poultry alone." Plus the humblebraggers who talk about how their german shepherds, huskies, and pibbles are the best dogs ever with their kids and chickens, and that anyone whose animals or children are fucked up by their dog must have been to blame. They seem to take extra special glee in using dogs for purposes that seem woefully unsuited to breed temperaments, like it gives them special social justice anti-racism points if they leave their baby alone with a Rottweiler.

Amber the Hedgehog

kiwifarms.net
I fucking hate how all the "breed doesn't matter at all, pibbles are nanny dogs!" crowd has taken over every fucking forum about pets or animals.

Lately I've been looking to get a dog that would be good with young children and backyard poultry. But there is no place online dedicated to dogs, kids, or poultry where you can ask and get an honest answer to the question, "what breeds are least likely to kill kids or ducks?"

Instead, you get dozens of people flocking to say "it's not the breed, it's the owner" and "any dog, even one with a high prey drive, can be trained to leave poultry alone." Plus the humblebraggers who talk about how their german shepherds, huskies, and pibbles are the best dogs ever with their kids and chickens, and that anyone whose animals or children are fucked up by their dog must have been to blame. They seem to take extra special glee in using dogs for purposes that seem woefully unsuited to breed temperaments, like it gives them special social justice anti-racism points if they leave their baby alone with a Rottweiler.
Your best bet is probably herding breed of some sort. They have been breed work with closely with people and to not kill animals. Actually some owner of border collies have gotten ducks for their dog to heard. Herding dogs tend be pretty good with children too and not easily startled. Just be careful about their energy and intelligence level, many do need more than average of stimulation or will come up with their own entertainment. I would recommend corgi or shetland sheepdog as both are fairly small, easy to find and not hugely demanding breeds but do remember they are still quite active dogs.

Last edited:

thx1138

Are you now, or have you ever been?
kiwifarms.net
I saw "dog that's great with kids..." and immediately got ready to say, Labrador - done! But then I caught the "and chickens." part. Yeah, no, he'd bring you a chicken a day until you had none :/ Don't get me wrong, Labradors are great, but they're retrievers. As in, go and get something to bring to you. Like small game.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I was going to say King Charles Spaniel, my aunt's are great with her grandkids, but one of them jumped in the air and caught a bird on the wing.

Herding dogs would probably be good, but they'd need training to keep from nipping at your heels and the kids to try and herd you (still working on it with my puppy, down to open mouth pressed against legs without biting, which is good for 13 weeks old).

DildoGaggins

Autismo Magnifico
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shit like this is why I don't let dogs lick anywhere near my mouth, not saying that's how he got it. I still don't understand why people let their dogs do that, it's fucking gross.

SiccDicc

See you next fall...
kiwifarms.net

A Florida family is mourning the loss of their puppy Zeus, who died while protecting two of their four children from a venomous snake.
Oriley Richardson, 10, was playing in his family's backyard in Webster on September 23 when the 9-month-old pit bull suddenly jumped towards him, his mother Gina Richardson told CNN on Sunday. Oriley noticed the pup attacking something on the ground, but thought it was a rope.
It was a coral snake. And Zeus was doing his best to keep it away from Oriley.
As the dog struggled to keep the snake at bay, Orion, 11, stepped into the backyard to change Zeus' water.
That's when Zeus decided to lay down on the snake, using his body weight to smother the deadly predator and prevent it from harming the boys.
What is left of the coral snake that Zeus killed protecting Oriley and Orion.

What is left of the coral snake that Zeus killed protecting Oriley and Orion.
Orion noticed that Zeus' eyes looked "bugged out," Richardson said. That's when they turned him over and discovered the snake, which had bitten Zeus four times before he bit off and swallowed its head.
The family rushed Zeus to a nearby animal hospital, where staff immediately administered anti-venom.
Sadly, it was too late. Zeus died the following day -- the same day as Oriley's birthday.
"I just started bawling," Richardson said. "My kids woke up and heard me crying and then they too started crying. We were all an emotional wreck."
The family, including Sega, Zeus' mom, went to the hospital to say goodbye.
Gary Richardson and two of his children, Aurora, 6, and and Owen, 8, say goodbye to Zeus after he died protecting Oriley and Orion.

Gary Richardson and two of his children, Aurora, 6, and and Owen, 8, say goodbye to Zeus after he died protecting Oriley and Orion.
"Sega goes over to Zeus' head and puts her paws up on the table and takes a sniff," said Richardson. "Her ears came back, she got down, she instantly jumped on the sofa next to me and put her head on my thigh in sorrow. At that moment not only was my family broken, but his own mother was broken."
Richardson said she feels "forever grateful" to Zeus and considers him a hero. "I feel like I may have lost one of my children had he not been there," she said.
Oriley, 10, and his mom, Gina Richardson, with Zeus.

Oriley, 10, and his mom, Gina Richardson, with Zeus.
Oriley is especially saddened over Zeus' death. "He was a good boy and I loved him with all my heart," he said. "I played with him all the time. I feel sad and I miss him."
Gary Richardson, the boys' father, said he hopes Zeus' selfless act will help change public perception of pit bulls.
"He was my best friend," said Gary Richardson. "I'm torn between wanting to be happy that this situation has brought awareness to his breed and their kind and loving nature, and the sorrow of having lost him."

Amber the Hedgehog

kiwifarms.net
For love of god man. It’s more than fair that you are sad for loosing a dog and looking for silver lining in that. It’s perfectly normal reaction to unexpected death but you should be greatful that venomous snake didn’t bit your kids, not that this makes pits look good. Honestly also it doesn’t even do that. There is no indication that the snake was attacking anyone so your dog didn’t die protecting his family, he died killing a snake. Now I don’t think a dog killing snakes, rats or so on is that strong of an indicater of danger. It’s pretty normal behavior for predators but this dog attacked a very brightly colored snake, was bitten 4 times and he still continued going at the snake. That part is worry some.

sperginity

fuck xmas and fuck you
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Two pit bull fatalities in the past week

she owned a 92 lb pit bull and it killed her:

A man walking around a neighborhood got mauled by 2 pit bulls and a mixed breed dog, the owner wasn't home:

one pack of rottweilers killed a little kid:

3119967d0c

رنج آمریکایی ها
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While dogs are unclean and you should not bring their pollution into your home, if forced, I would suggest a Dogo Canario. Unlike a pitbull, these generally consider small prey like babies and chickens beneath themselves to murder, so you should be safe unti your child hits four or five years old.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Lady your beloved pet is a danger to people and animals. She has attacked multiple animals and people. It’s not clear from your text if she killed or not but if not that’s probably just luck and should not be counted on. Sorry but she should be put down. It’s likely that your dog has neurological disposition to this behavior and that’s somewhere between impossible to change and needs extremely consistent and correctly done long term training. Most likely scenario is that she will attack again and again. To manage that possibility responsibly, she should be kept away from people and other animals most of the time, only allowed around if wearing muzzle and on leash. That still would be dangerous do her size and strength. How anyone going to do that while giving her enough exercise, mental stimulation and social interaction for her to be a happy and healthy dog? Even if someone could they wouldn’t enjoy that pet very much. Sorry but in this case it’s pretty clear that option with least amount of suffering is put her down.
If I saw this woman's ad, I would feel morally obligated to go over, pick the pitbull up, then take it to the nearest kill shelter and tell them it had bit someone. It's only a matter of time before that beast bonds with another owner and savages anyone they feel coming between it and him.

Amber the Hedgehog

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 968215

Scum of the earth, holy shit.
Not giving a dog up over one bite even if it’s quite serious I can understand. Kids are unpredictable and can do stupid, mean or painful things to a dog very fast both on purpose and on accident. Giving otherwise fine pet a benefit of doubt is fair enough, especially if you put new safety measures in place. This dog otherhand has well established pattern of biting kids repeatedly so as much it’s going to sting, she needed to do the right thing. Unfortunately that is putting the dog down rather than giving it away as the dog is clearly very dangerous. That’s going to be hard and unpleasant but that’s part of being a responsible pet owner. She deserves the child endangerment charges as she put the dog’s wellbeing way above her daughter.

Belvedere

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 968215

Scum of the earth, holy shit.
This absolute cunt was more concerned about the dog than to her own daughter. FFS, the poor girl will be scarred for life and yet her bitch mother didn't seem to care at all. She is like one of those psycho women that would rather allow her boyfriend to abuse her children just to keep him around.

annoyingfuck

kiwifarms.net
This absolute cunt was more concerned about the dog than to her own daughter. FFS, the poor girl will be scarred for life and yet her bitch mother didn't seem to care at all. She is like one of those psycho women that would rather allow her boyfriend to abuse her children just to keep him around.
And with the smug look on her face, it doesn't matter what anyone says, or what happens as a result, she's always going to think she's right.

sperginity

fuck xmas and fuck you
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not giving a dog up over one bite even if it’s quite serious I can understand. Kids are unpredictable and can do stupid, mean or painful things to a dog very fast both on purpose and on accident. Giving otherwise fine pet a benefit of doubt is fair enough, especially if you put new safety measures in place. This dog otherhand has well established pattern of biting kids repeatedly so as much it’s going to sting, she needed to do the right thing. Unfortunately that is putting the dog down rather than giving it away as the dog is clearly very dangerous. That’s going to be hard and unpleasant but that’s part of being a responsible pet owner. She deserves the child endangerment charges as she put the dog’s wellbeing way above her daughter.
A normal dog acting in self defense does not tend to latch onto a child's eye, cheek, and chin for 27 stitches worth of injury. Normal dogs bite briefly and then run away. Her child has permanent facial scarring and cannot make tears for one of their eyes because of this attack, there is no reason to risk anything more to the child even by putting new rules in place etc etc, enough has been lost and human children are more important than dogs. There was nothing acceptable about her reaction.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino