Culture The Bull Pit - Pitbull News Megathread - aka sperginity speds out agendaposting

Amber the Hedgehog

kiwifarms.net
A normal dog acting in self defense does not tend to latch onto a child's eye, cheek, and chin for 27 stitches worth of injury. Normal dogs bite briefly and then run away. Her child has permanent facial scarring and cannot make tears for one of their eyes because of this attack, there is no reason to risk anything more to the child even by putting new rules in place etc etc, enough has been lost and human children are more important than dogs. There was nothing acceptable about her reaction.
Absolutely, how the mom dealt or rather didn’t deal with the situation was unacceptable. No questions or arguments about that. Kids deserve safe home and if a pet makes home unsafe the pet needs to go.

I just think that clearing out my general position before going into the case in hand helps to avoid mistakes. People do look how they and others solved similar situations to figure out what they should do. That is even for how laws are designed to work. Lawyers argue largely based on how judges ruled previously in similar cases so that law is applied as fairly and evenly as possible. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t treat each case individually, just that general standards are useful tool keep ourselves from over or under reacting.

In this instance the severity of the bite and especially the fact this isn’t the first bite, means that dog is without doubt highly dangerous and needs be removed from kids. While it’s technically possible that someone could take the dog, treat it as the dangerous animal it is and set the dog up so can never have opportunity to bite again, it’s highly unlikely that type of person can be found. Also with the history and how powerful animal this dog is, the risk of something going wrong is huge. As sad it might be, I think only responsible choice is to put the dog down.

I think the mom on some level realized this and that’s why was unwilling to let go of the dog. Wrong choice obliviously but I can sympathize how heart breaking putting your animal down is. Still that possibility is something you sign up for when you take any pet, especially a pet with potential for killing humans. Feeling horrible isn’t an excuse for endangering your child.

Dunkirk

My other car is a STUG
kiwifarms.net
I fucking hate how all the "breed doesn't matter at all, pibbles are nanny dogs!" crowd has taken over every fucking forum about pets or animals.

Lately I've been looking to get a dog that would be good with young children and backyard poultry. But there is no place online dedicated to dogs, kids, or poultry where you can ask and get an honest answer to the question, "what breeds are least likely to kill kids or ducks?"

Instead, you get dozens of people flocking to say "it's not the breed, it's the owner" and "any dog, even one with a high prey drive, can be trained to leave poultry alone." Plus the humblebraggers who talk about how their german shepherds, huskies, and pibbles are the best dogs ever with their kids and chickens, and that anyone whose animals or children are fucked up by their dog must have been to blame. They seem to take extra special glee in using dogs for purposes that seem woefully unsuited to breed temperaments, like it gives them special social justice anti-racism points if they leave their baby alone with a Rottweiler.
As a man who's family has breed sled dogs for quite a while, I will agree that while Huskies are fantastic with older children and are great pets, Small game and young children aren't the best mix with them. That said if you can train your kid to not pull on their fur and tails then Alaskan-Siberian Huskies are a very playful and energetic breed that go from play to kill immediately if they think that there is a threat that harms one of their pack mates, which includes any children raised with them. In your situation i would have to back up everyone else saying that a herding breed is a better pick. Having been raised absolutely swarmed with them it wasn't the best breed when i was a little tot but when i grew to school age it was a great breed to play with and keep an eye on me.

3119967d0c

رنج آمریکایی ها
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In your situation i would have to back up everyone else saying that a herding breed is a better pick. Having been raised absolutely swarmed with them it wasn't the best breed when i was a little tot but when i grew to school age it was a great breed to play with and keep an eye on me.
Indeed. Even retrievers may need some training to ensure they do not harm smaller animals.
1570915509281.png

sperginity

fuck xmas and fuck you
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the tl;dr is their friends couldn't keep the dog and asked the mom to keep it in her home until they could find a permanent home, told her it had "never shown signs of aggression", and the dog killed the child on the first day that they had it. The dog was 1 years old. It was stabbed multiple times but was still attacking the child when EMS and police showed up.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 978805

Somehow, that woman's pixelated face looks worse than the actual uncensored picture would look.

Can we please all just admit that these overmuscled murderdogs don't belong in polite society? How about we enact a new law? If a pissbull mauls or attacks any human being, then whatever was done to the victim, must be done to the dog's owner as well. Your carfaced freakdog tear the face off a child? Then you get to be tied up and have your own face smashed into the rapidly spinning tire of a jacked up musclecar. Your dog shred some grandma to pieces? Then you get tossed alive into a woodchipper. Fair's fair. If you insist on owning a potentially destructive dog, then you can own its punishment as well.

averagejane

please pluck your nose hairs.
kiwifarms.net
I think one of the many issues is that pit bulls aren’t exactly a breed you can just get from the pet store and treat like any other dog. They’re terriers and like most terriers, they have high energy and high prey drive. Maybe not as much as a husky, but pits from what I know need a lot of exercise and playtime and keeping them locked up in the house or tied to a lead all day is only gonna lead to them becoming these anxious hyper messes. They also can have dog aggression which can pose itself as an issue
Another issue is that they’re just so damn strong. My moms friend has a pit bull that’s the sweetest thing in the world but one whack from his tail or a knock from his head can lead to some serious bruises. Some pits just want to play but end up hurting someone real bad in the process.

It doesn’t help that a lot of people who get pits do literally no research on the breed and/or just get them to look badass. There needs to be more awareness of taking care of pits as well as other high energy/maintenance breeds like huskies, collies. I think any dog can be a good dog, you just need to know their needs.

Pit bull reports aren’t always accurate though either. A lot of it is based on eye witness accounts and the Staffie, Amstaff and American Pit can easily be mistaken for boxers, bulldogs and bull Arabs and are all the time
pit owners are often lazy braindeads though, who get their dogs cheap.
i know a couple who is expecting a child soon, and though i would LIKE to tell them to rehome their pitbulls because the risk is not worth keeping around (mind you i say this as someone who has raised pits in the past as well as rotts, i would not trust any of them with kids even tho i was very meticulous with my training and never had incidents), i tried sugarcoating it and suggested they look into taking extra time in training it more because their dog could hurt the kid. ESPECIALLY with how pussy they are with dog raising. those pitbulls run the fucking house, have 0 manners, and one is already exhibiting aggression.
these chucklefucks got so offended by my watered down suggestiton and took it to facebook to engage in more pitbull preaching. they're basically swinging about the 'IM GOING TO PROVE YOU WRONG' mentality. and it just really grosses me out that they think proving someone wrong is more important than extra precautions to protect a child.

this is what explicitly annoys me about pitbull owners. they care more about proving their point than actually putting in work to prevent issues.

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
i know a couple who is expecting a child soon, and though i would LIKE to tell them to rehome their pitbulls because the risk is not worth keeping around (mind you i say this as someone who has raised pits in the past as well as rotts, i would not trust any of them with kids even tho i was very meticulous with my training and never had incidents), i tried sugarcoating it and suggested they look into taking extra time in training it more because their dog could hurt the kid. ESPECIALLY with how pussy they are with dog raising. those pitbulls run the fucking house, have 0 manners, and one is already exhibiting aggression.
these chucklefucks got so offended by my watered down suggestiton and took it to facebook to engage in more pitbull preaching. they're basically swinging about the 'IM GOING TO PROVE YOU WRONG' mentality. and it just really grosses me out that they think proving someone wrong is more important than extra precautions to protect a child.

this is what explicitly annoys me about pitbull owners. they care more about proving their point than actually putting in work to prevent issues.
Not much hope for them, I guess. They've made their bed.

A damn shame that kid is doomed from the start, with parents like those.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

That's really sad. It's good you tried though.

ObeseScreamingBlackMan

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Make sure you post the news story here when their kid gets eaten.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
how the hell did this thing just keep on going while being stabbed repeatedly?
It's what they've been bred to do, first against bulls, then against each other. When they decide to kill, they don't stop for anything. Not until they're either dead or you can, somehow, pull it off from whatever it's attacking and restrain it. It's much easier to just kill them when this happens (and a dog that mauls shouldn't be allowed to live anyways).

littlearmalite

I'm Sorry!
kiwifarms.net
See. here's what I don't get about these exceptional individuals. They insist that 'proper training and care' can stop a Pit from being aggressive, but... they always buy them after they've grown and make no effort to train them. It's as if they think that everyone else cares as much about dogs that are practically bred for bloodsports as they do. The only way to keep a Pit from going absolutely apeshit, 100 percent, is to raise it from birth to fear the consequences of acting out.

JoseRaulChupacabra

1.c4 is not as bad as 1.d4, practically speaking.
kiwifarms.net
See. here's what I don't get about these exceptional individuals. They insist that 'proper training and care' can stop a Pit from being aggressive, but... they always buy them after they've grown and make no effort to train them. It's as if they think that everyone else cares as much about dogs that are practically bred for bloodsports as they do. The only way to keep a Pit from going absolutely apeshit, 100 percent, is to raise it from birth to fear the consequences of acting out.
IME, people involved in animal welfare groups, either as volunteers or full time employees, are big on the whole "it's not the breed, it's the owner thing" and some of them do work wonders with RESCUED pitbulls, but see, that's the thing, they make this a big part of their lives. They're quick to point out that any dog breed can go nuts if provoked, which, ok, fine, but not every breed out there is as jacked as a pitbull.

Big moth tiddies

Anyone got a light?
kiwifarms.net
They're quick to point out that any dog breed can go nuts if provoked, which, ok, fine, but not every breed out there is as jacked as a pitbull.
That's always been my point. Chihuahua's lose their shit too, but what damage is the little shit stain actually going to cause? Just give it a punt and send it on it's way. Giant murder dogs just cause more damage when they do flip out.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino